Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dangerfield took less than he was worth to go home, and Selwood is a bruised and battered 30 year old.

If Polec is the player they believe will lift them into contention, why err because of what Player X is being paid?

Dogs fans should know this better than anyone.

We took a punt on a key forward who was a #1 draft pick and it worked out with a flag and a close norm smith medal. Polec isn’t a player who can completely bust a game wide open. Outside wingman are also easy to find. That’s my opinion anyway! Why spend 800 on Polec when you could probably spend the same on a Shiel or a bit more on a Gaff?

Gia as VFL coach is good. Anyone know much about steve grace Who will now be taking stoppages? Kept hearing Gia was a dreadful assistant..

This off-season is going to be seriously fun.

Dahlhaus, pick 7, adams, Roughead and God knows who else are in play.

I’m also tipping more contracted, high profile players from other clubs to hit the market unexpectedly as well. It’s going to be wild IMO.
I know this is the obvious one, but it sounds like a fair few want out of Fremantle.

Usually the club sacks the coach once it gets like this but clearly the Fremantle board have chosen their side.

Pick 7 for Cerra.

Would fit in with our other young guns. Is only 1 year in but showed good signs in his first year.

Stuck with Gary 'tank' Lyon. Would have been embarrassed by the Geelong debacle.... how can an experienced team with Natalie Fyfe roll over that easily, unless....

Gia as VFL coach is good. Anyone know much about steve grace Who will now be taking stoppages? Kept hearing Gia was a dreadful assistant..

Heard here or somewhere somewhat more reputable?

Because it seems quite odd that the club would entrust much of the development of our up and coming players to somebody with a dreadful reputation as an assistant coach. Then again, the laying of the blame for our post premiership fall at Gia's feet always seemed quite odd to me as well. So I guess anythings possible.

Massive overs. He's worth a 3rd rounder at absolute best, although I'd expect something like a late pick upgrade (eg Honey + 42 for 38). Look at what we got for Koby Stevens, who was surely worth more than Honeychurch is now.
I think it was a little different with Koby as it was more of a salary cap issue. We didn't want to fork out for his asking price (as a fringe player) so anything coming back was probably a positive.

Polec is underrated. He’s probably getting overs but sometimes you have to pay overs to get your man. Should probably win Ports best and fairest, over the last two years he’s probably been their third best player behind Gray and Ryder.

Will be a top 5 player at both North and Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it was a little different with Koby as it was more of a salary cap issue. We didn't want to fork out for his asking price (as a fringe player) so anything coming back was probably a positive.
Ok maybe Stevens was a bad example then, but players like Honeychurch who are fringe at best and with little up side do not get clubs picks in the 30s. I'd be expecting something much closer to pick 50+ or a pick upgrade.

Look at a couple of examples last year - Aaron Young attracted a 4th rounder, Brandon Matera a 3rd rounder. In 2016 Richmond got Nankervis for less then that, Jarrod Lyons went for a pick in the 40s etc.

No way we get pick 38 for Honeychurch unless Gold Coast have completely lost the plot.

Pick 7 for Cerra.

Would fit in with our other young guns. Is only 1 year in but showed good signs in his first year.

Stuck with Gary 'tank' Lyon. Would have been embarrassed by the Geelong debacle.... how can an experienced team with Natalie Fyfe roll over that easily, unless....

I like it, but would rather:

Out: Dahlhaus compo + Adams

In: Cerra

If Cerra wants to come home then that deal should get it done. Plus I don’t think we should trade pick 7 unless totally unavoidable. Too much high-end talent in this draft, and that pic will be before any West bid...

Ok maybe Stevens was a bad example then, but players like Honeychurch who are fringe at best and with little up side do not get clubs picks in the 30s. I'd be expecting something much closer to pick 50+ or a pick upgrade.

Look at a couple of examples last year - Aaron Young attracted a 4th rounder, Brandon Matera a 3rd rounder. In 2016 Richmond got Nankervis for less then that, Jarrod Lyons went for a pick in the 40s etc.

No way we get pick 38 for Honeychurch unless Gold Coast have completely lost the plot.
The proposal included Jong too I believe

Heard here or somewhere somewhat more reputable?

Because it seems quite odd that the club would entrust much of the development of our up and coming players to somebody with a dreadful reputation as an assistant coach. Then again, the laying of the blame for our post premiership fall at Gia's feet always seemed quite odd to me as well. So I guess anythings possible.
I thought out of Gia's own mouth was a reasonably good source myself.

I thought out of Gia's own mouth was a reasonably good source myself.

Im still away so forgive me if Ive missed any official announcement, however my post was clearly referencing the notion that Gia is a "dreadful assistant" as stated in the the reply that I was quoting. Now if you are asserting that it was indeed Gia (which is how I read your reply) that was making the claim, then I'd find that to be an equally startling statement when its coming from an aspiring coach.

85da19ae7de80ca88935ddcb65fcaca3.png
With all due respect to HC, anything we get worth points from GC we should take it and run. Even a points upgrade, Rhylee West can develop in the roles HC does next year. Love his attitude but he's just not going to be part of our next flag.

Im still away so forgive me if Ive missed any official announcement, however my post was clearly referencing the notion that Gia is a "dreadful assistant" as stated in the the reply that I was quoting. Now if you are asserting that it was indeed Gia (which is how I read your reply) that was making the claim, then I'd find that to be an equally startling statement when its coming from an aspiring coach.

All the talk of Gia being a crap coach originated on here from one poster. It was then constantly repeated on here until people assumed it was fact.
I've yet to see any conclusive data that indicates that Gia is not an adequate assistant coach. If anything, the opposite is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back