Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any info on us having a chat to an ex Melbourne player that will make this place melt?

Also one of the two GC players we are keen on is off the table?

Small interest in a cat ?
The gold coast players have cooled down, Dogs went after Bowes and Brodie but dlnt believe either wishes to move yet

Keep an eye out for Campbell to Gold Coast and Roughie re-signing on one year deal with second year as VFL,VFLW and AFLW coach

Thanks mate - tbh the Roughy news doesn't surprise me in the least, he seems to have had an eye on coaching for a while. Plus he's a great communicator, and well-respected within the club, he'll do well post playing career. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tomas ****en Bugg...

Our strategy for the future is to let Libba and Bugg run rampant with the onfield yap lol
I used to hate the guy, but geez that sounds appealing. We've been criticised for being too nice, so having Libba and Bugg on the field together would go a long way towards sorting that out. Although dunno how he'd go playing alongside JJ...

Still can’t find a player for us to flip our Dahlhaus compensation for.

Any suggestions?

If none, I’d prefer we traded it for a 2019 pick, rather than take it to the draft.
Supposedly we're interest in Ed Langdon, so I could see us offering that pick + another to get him over. Although we're not the only ones interested apparently, so I doubt that eventuates

Still can’t find a player for us to flip our Dahlhaus compensation for.

Any suggestions?

If none, I’d prefer we traded it for a 2019 pick, rather than take it to the draft.

On its own we won't take it to the draft as it'll be eaten by West. So agree that it seems wasteful to keep it if we can get the points with lower picks.

Can't think of a player. Another possibility is we bundle picks to trade up to a teens pick ahead of West - say Rich or Syd or use next yrs pick to upgrade with GC who may want to spread their picks a little. Or we see where Adams wants to go and maybe use it there to upgrade or to help get a player.

On its own we won't take it to the draft as it'll be eaten by West. So agree that it seems wasteful to keep it if we can get the points with lower picks.

Can't think of a player. Another possibility is we bundle picks to trade up to a teens pick ahead of West - say Rich or Syd or use next yrs pick to upgrade with GC who may want to spread their picks a little. Or we see where Adams wants to go and maybe use it there to upgrade or to help get a player.
If we end up trading Adams use that pick with Dal compo pick to trade up before the West bid.
Would net us 3 possibe top 20 players for some deficit next year.

I used to hate the guy, but geez that sounds appealing. We've been criticised for being too nice, so having Libba and Bugg on the field together would go a long way towards sorting that out. Although dunno how he'd go playing alongside JJ...
Libba and Gowers would be enough for me. No need to chuck in Bugg as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back