Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree to disagree then

I think certain players are part of the fabric of a club and to trade them(unless untenable ie Jake apparently) hurts the club and I think evidence shows this has hurt us in the last year or so.

Jong players with heart no one has ever questioned that but also not many would care if he left tomorrow. The same can’t be said of Libba and Dahl

Not sure there's any real evidence as you suggest (i.e. if some reports are to be believed there could have been much more disunity had we elected to keep Jake - we'll just never know.).

It also seems like you're suggesting that players should be kept based on how popular they are within the club, regardless of form or how they fit into team structure/balance. I can't really abide that.

The players are big boys, it's work, and plenty of players remain close even after they move/are delisted/retire. If the McCartney years have shown us anything it's how quickly the morale of a club can be boosted even if players considered pivotal depart (there was no bigger H&S player at the time than Griff).

Happy for you take rite of reply, but as you say agree to disagree...

He replaces Honeychurch, that immediately makes us better. HUGE question marks on the health of Dickson and Picken, not sure how you can say it's the likely scenario he's depth. Our injury history would say he's much more likely to play every week.
I don’t disagree with that regarding our injury history and there’s not a whole lot wrong with being depth which I think he likely is if we have a good run.

Yeah I think 40 goals is extremely unlikely. He's kicked 35 in a season before, but I think it's more likely he'd be rotating through the midfield when he plays. Even if he kicks 30 for the season I think it would be a massive plus.
He's definitely not some massive acquisition that will single-handedly turn around our forward line, and may not even be part of our next premiership push. But if he can at least assist in alleviating our scoring problems then I see it as a win. I see him as a minor improvement at minimal cost, which is a good direction for our club
Hard to knock your points again but personally I just don’t think he’s all that good a player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't that page run by VitalDread? Which I assume sources a lot of his information from this page?
That is my page but i have been saying libba was re-signing dor about 3 months now

I tend to keep posting stuff until its the correct time

Mods on this Board are reluctant to be too strict in policing the posting here but this tolerance has been abused by a number of contributors on this and other threads.

I have issued public and private warnings about treating all others with respect; trolling; relentless negativity and off-topic posts. It seems these gentle reminders have fallen on deaf ears. I think it's time to tighten up a little, so I will be applying the site terms of use more strictly and, if in doubt about the rules, I ask that you all refresh your memories and also note that I will be taking into account the spirit of the rules and not simply adjudicating according to a literal interpretation of the terms of use.

The "rules": https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/help/terms.

I would insert a humorous meme here but I'm no longer laughing at what is going on, so please just help us make this place a little more enjoyable for all.

Go Dogs!

That is my page but i have been saying libba was re-signing dor about 3 months now

I tend to keep posting stuff until its the correct time

Keep up the great work VD, like reading your posts. Also note you were the first I believe to flag our interest in Stengle (even if others claimed it retrospectively...)
Pity he's off to Crows (apparently).

Any insight into Roughead/Campbell status?

Keep up the great work VD, like reading your posts. Also note you were the first I believe to flag our interest in Stengle (even if others claimed it retrospectively...)
Pity he's off to Crows (apparently).

Any insight into Roughead/Campbell status?
Keep an eye out for Campbell to Gold Coast and Roughie re-signing on one year deal with second year as VFL,VFLW and AFLW coach

Keep an eye out for Campbell to Gold Coast and Roughie re-signing on one year deal with second year as VFL,VFLW and AFLW coach

Any info on us having a chat to an ex Melbourne player that will make this place melt?

Also one of the two GC players we are keen on is off the table?

Small interest in a cat ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back