Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't believe anything those two post anyway, I just post anything that's remotely relevant unless its obviously BS. When the club and player has had a WHOLE year to work out a contract, when he has had all the time in the world, even the most BS sounding rumors have some basis to be questioned.

Fair points and look I get the reasons for recruiting him but I’m just not convinced he makes us any better especially if two or all of Dickson, Dale and Picken return. Depth yes, that’s probably the likely scenario.

I think a few here are heavily overrating him. Did someone just mention before that he’ll likely add 40 goals next year? I’d say that’s a decent stretch.
Yeah I think 40 goals is extremely unlikely. He's kicked 35 in a season before, but I think it's more likely he'd be rotating through the midfield when he plays. Even if he kicks 30 for the season I think it would be a massive plus.
He's definitely not some massive acquisition that will single-handedly turn around our forward line, and may not even be part of our next premiership push. But if he can at least assist in alleviating our scoring problems then I see it as a win. I see him as a minor improvement at minimal cost, which is a good direction for our club

His family and friends are still in WA though aren’t they? That is what will make him homesick not where he lived when he was 5.
There was an article in November before the draft stating he preferred going to Collingwood over Fremantle. I don't think we have to be worried about him going home to be honest.

But Naughton, who is born in Victoria, has his sights on Collingwood at pick six.

“For me personally I think Melbourne, being the home of footy and playing for the biggest club in Australia, that'd be the way to go for me,” he said.

Few things tonight from my source (think you’ll be disappointed - don’t go too hard at me):

-Libba going nowhere. Will re-sign. Knee rehab was good. No issues with the whole Dahlhaus motivation crap.

-Gave me donuts on Adams - he wasn’t sure what was going on (maybe a good sign I dunno).

-There is interest in Wingard from us but not as big as the media is trying to build up. There’s been no meeting with Chad. Most likely stays with Port.

-No interest in Jack Martin.

-Lloyd will be a very late pick. Tigers happy for him to look for opportunity.

-No interest in Darcy Moore.

-Small interest in Ed Langdon from Freo.

Couldn’t get much else out of him unfortunately.

Ed Langdon is a gun! Would be rapt if we could get him. how would that trade look like though?

Fair points and look I get the reasons for recruiting him but I’m just not convinced he makes us any better especially if two or all of Dickson, Dale and Picken return. Depth yes, that’s probably the likely scenario.

I think a few here are heavily overrating him. Did someone just mention before that he’ll likely add 40 goals next year? I’d say that’s a decent stretch.
He replaces Honeychurch, that immediately makes us better. HUGE question marks on the health of Dickson and Picken, not sure how you can say it's the likely scenario he's depth. Our injury history would say he's much more likely to play every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys, sorry to intrude, but there's been some rumours around Tim English to WA. What would you guys think fair compensation in such a trade for him?

despite what others think, I have heard this too, and I think the club is probably of a mind to try to maximise value now than wait until he inevitably leaves in a few years time. He is way behind boyd and roughead in the ruck and probably can see big opportunities at west coast. (although I can see the potential, cant see him getting a senior gig for a fair while).

I think given his output to date your second rounder would be fair, although we might push for more if we can.

(this is my first attempt at trolling another board, am I doing it right?)

Last edited:
If we lose Libba this club can go and f&ck itself. I’ve postponed me renewal until this decision is made and will re evaluate my level of membership if he isn’t at the club next year.

I’m sick of this cr@p pushing blokes out because they aren’t angels and we keep absolute friggin duds like Jong.

You blokes reckon I’ve ranted before, just wait if this sh!t happens.
Libba not going anywhere, once back from holidays will put pen to paper, verbal agreement already done.

Libba not going anywhere, once back from holidays will put pen to paper, verbal agreement already done.

I hope you are right because this is getting ridiculous now

It’s ikpossobe to get any group of 40 odd men togther and have them all perfect angels.

Could not give a single shit what players do in their own time it’s none of my business or anyone’s for that matter

Stengle has chosen Adelaide. Really bummed about that one, he will he a ripper. Would have gone a long long way to helping our forward woes
Not really sure how much a rookie list crumbing forward would have helped our woes. He has yet to prove he is even afl standard.
I haven't seen a lot of him but my snap judgement is good forward nous but I think he lacks the pace to be a really good player.

Still would be nice to have someone nominate us. Other than Lloyd.

It’s ikpossobe to get any group of 40 odd men togther and have them all perfect angels.

Could not give a single shit what players do in their own time it’s none of my business or anyone’s for that matter
I agree man off field don’t care the guy is star player, like i said he will be at the kennel next year

For someone who apparently doesn't give a shit, you've wasted a hell of a lot of keystrokes and time commenting on it.

You sir, are ikpossobe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back