Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not enamored with the Lloyd pick up.
Best case scenario is that he doesn't play a game next year and is a delist candidate at the end of the year. Not exactly a type you should be bringing in.
Oh well at least he's cheap.

Best case scenario is he proves to be a valuable addition to the forward line and kicks 40 + goals while leading us to another premiership. Extremely unlikely but I think you're confused with best case scenarios and likely scenarios haha

Lloyd could be a good pick up and will cost virtually nothing. He knows where the goals are and will convert opportunities, something that the club has struggled with recently. Well and truly worth the punt.

Best case scenario is he proves to be a valuable addition to the forward line and kicks 40 + goals while leading us to another premiership. Extremely unlikely but I think you're confused with best case scenarios and likely scenarios haha
I was thinking in terms of a realistic best case scenario. He's a 29 year old who isn't getting better. His exposed form is worse than the best of Dale, McLean, Gowers and several other much younger players. If he's getting games ahead of them then they've stagnated further or not developing.

Find Lloyd a strange pick up but no costing a heap. Adds some depth but so does Honey on the odd Occassion. At least Honey adds pressure.
Still think a fit Dicko well ahead of Lloyd but fitness and Dicko only used in the same sentence lately for the wrong reasons. He also has Dale well ahead IMO and Greene showed a bit.
Our luck though with injuries though will see Lloyd playing 20+ unless he shares the same water fountain as the rest

Not really understanding our direction this off season. Adams I can kind of understand. We have too many senior guys that break down. Bringing in Lloyd will probably just add to our injury list next year.

Lloyd is a better player than Smith Jong Honey Dickson and a couple others

But I agree with others this is far from exciting

Someone said Sam Power hadn’t made a mistake yet I bet people aren’t surprised I don’t think he has done a thing right yet.

Someone said Sam Power hadn’t made a mistake yet I bet people aren’t surprised I don’t think he has done a thing right yet.

What about re-signing Mclean for another 3 or 4 years or whatever it was? Excellent list management imo.

Find Lloyd a strange pick up but no costing a heap. Adds some depth but so does Honey on the odd Occassion. At least Honey adds pressure.
Still think a fit Dicko well ahead of Lloyd but fitness and Dicko only used in the same sentence lately for the wrong reasons. He also has Dale well ahead IMO and Greene showed a bit.
Our luck though with injuries though will see Lloyd playing 20+ unless he shares the same water fountain as the rest
Sam Lloyd is a far better player than Honeychurch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think most are waiting until he's actually gotten through his first trade and draft period before we make any kind of judgement call. He hasn't had all that much chance to do anything yet.

Surely the performance of List Manager can only be judged as a whole once you can see all the moves made and how they relate to each other. Having said that, even one season won't be enough to make a definitive call given the medium/long term planning some of these moves could be a part of.

Kicks goal but does little for defensive pressure.

He will be competing for a spot with at least the just re-sign Wallis and Dickson, the return of Picken and Greene who needs games into him. Not sure how you can say it will cost nothing.
If he's competing for a spot then he's good enough to be competing for a spot and he's a good pickup. Stupidest comment ever.

Lloyd comes cheap and goes some way to balance an imbalanced list, both in terms of age profile and positional needs.

In a team where Honeychurch played a decent amount, he's a clear upgrade. Can also run through the middle so instead of having say Gowers do stints in there he can stay closer to goal and have Lloyd play those minutes on ball which he is better at.

Talk to me about the VFL dog Will Hayes. I'm hearing rumours that he's getting all sorts of interest from a bunch of clubs all over Australia. You guys think you'll make a play for him?
You must be looking forward to getting Stengle into your forward line and Will Hayes will play somewhere next year, lock it in Eddie.

I don’t necessarily have any strong objections to trading for Lloyd for a low cost but in comparison to Dickson, he’s played less games than Tory over the past 5 years in total - in fact the last time Lloyd played more than Dickson in a single year was 2014.

More importantly Lloyd has never kicked more than 3 goals whereas Dickson has kicked 4 or more on at least ten occasions and is the best current playing small forward in terms of goals average.

Personal bias but I’d have a spot for Dickson in the best Dogs forward line of the past 30 years. I’d also be investing everything in getting him physically able to play plenty of games next year.
Looking at games played like that is very iffy. If they played for opposite teams, Lloyd would have played a crap load more than Dickson. It's a pretty key difference when a player can't get into the best team in the comp and when they're perennially injured.

This says more about you than it does Sam Power MD.

You must be looking forward to getting Stengle into your forward line and Will Hayes will play somewhere next year, lock it in Eddie.
I keep hearing Stengle as a target for us. It would be nice to have another good small forward for sure, just hope he's more Eddie Betts and less Jared Patrenko.

I'd be very happy for Will Hayes if he were to get picked up, think he's talented but more importantly he's always seemingly getting better, and that's all you can ask for from young outside players. Good luck to him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back