Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after watching both games today imo we have some fairly obvious changes we can make

Not good enough/retiring or not going to help us move forward

Roberts
Jong
Gardner
Gowers
Webb
Boyd
Picken
Morris
Hayes (yes I know but I see zero)
Cavarra (not even close)
Lynch

If they are contracted then we keep them but these blokes are just dead wood and we must bring in some size to compete
Hayes and Cavarra are contracted, I assume we keep them. Gowers is also contracted but there was a whisper Hawthorn are interested, his dad played there - I say get it done for any pick. Jong may retire but he is contracted too.

Agree with the rest, although I assume the club will re-rookie Garnder as KPD depth.

Powell-Pepper is a scumbag. I will, if required, use extreme force to physically stop him from ever pulling on the beautiful Bulldogs jumper.
I wouldn't go that far, but the last thing we need is to bring the worst kick in the competition onto our list.

Does anyoen honestly thing Dunkley. Bont, Macrae aren't goign to be breathing fire next final they play?
No to inside mids. Yes toquality aroudn the groung. Lewie Young just ain't ready, Schache isn't a KPF but a tall flanker. Keath and Bruce make us instantly a better side.

No player has locked down that second wing spot either. Jack Martin/Issac Smith make us much better.

I wouldn't go that far, but the last thing we need is to bring the worst kick in the competition onto our list.

Does anyoen honestly thing Dunkley. Bont, Macrae aren't goign to be breathing fire next final they play?
No to inside mids. Yes toquality aroudn the groung. Lewie Young just ain't ready, Schache isn't a KPF but a tall flanker. Keath and Bruce make us instantly a better side.

No player has locked down that second wing spot either. Jack Martin/Issac Smith make us much better.

How good does our backline look with Alex Keath in it. Throw Bruce in the mix as well and we have so many options. We are still so young and we have time to mature. Exciting times.

I agree, this is why I am about 90% sure Bailey Williams isn't with us next year. He's probably the last uncontracted player left with any value. Not to mention those who are contracted but may still be pursued or want to explore other opportunities
Now that Ellis-Yolmen wants out Williams could definitely be part of the Keath deal.

Hayes and Cavarra are contracted, I assume we keep them. Gowers is also contracted but there was a whisper Hawthorn are interested, his dad played there - I say get it done for any pick. Jong may retire but he is contracted too.

Agree with the rest, although I assume the club will re-rookie Garnder as KPD depth.
Cavarra yet to even debut, so he will almost certainly be given another year. Plus he has a pretty exciting toolset, would be great if he can actually get firing.

Hayes has shown improvement later in the season, although is still a fair way off if we are going to have a truly competitive 22. If he doesn't show much next year, will probably be delisted.

I'd heard the Gowers one too. I honestly wouldn't mind keeping him, he's shown plenty of promise even if this year was pretty poor, and he has a lot of mongrel which would've been helpful against GWS. If we were offered anything for him though, I'd be fine to let him go. We have Wallis as a medium forward if needed.

Lynch is contracted for next year, but North previously showed huge interest in him. Have to wonder whether they'd still be keen, even with how bad this year was. Something like Pick 46 + Lynch for Pick 43, or even straight swap for Pick 69. Doubt we'd get anything significant for him, but have no problem with offloading if another club has interest. I doubt he makes it with us, especially since Richards and Vandermeer look like better players that are similar-ish types.

Gardner to be extended for one year. Jong retirement wouldn't shock me, but it would be sad to see. Sucks he's never really had a good run at it, I honestly think he could've been an alright player if given the run of games to work on his deficiencies.

I'm a huge fam on Cameron Ellis-Yolmen, reckon Gold Coast or Swans would love him
Gold Coast would be mad not to make a play for him. Instantly becomes best 22, instantly improves their midfield, wouldn't cost much in terms of draft currency, and they can probably convince the AFL to help out with his salary (even though it can't be that high) as a form of assistance

Still reckon at least 1 of our players will be part of a trade. We've had 16 players move to new clubs in the past 5 off seasons, so in what looks likex a busy trade period for us, you'd have to think 2-3 trade outs are ikely..
I'm pretty sure someone at the club (Bevo?) said in the second half of the year that we would be trying to keep this group together, i.e. not putting players on the table.

I doubt that attitude would have changed much since then so I'd be quite surprised if we trade out any more than two. More likely 0-1.

I'm pretty sure someone at the club (Bevo?) said in the second half of the year that we would be trying to keep this group together, i.e. not putting players on the table.

I doubt that attitude would have changed much since then so I'd be quite surprised if we trade out any more than two. More likely 0-1.
Pretty sure both Grant and Bevo have publicly said this. It's why I imagine it only really comes down to Williams requesting a trade out, fringe guys like Webb, Lynch, Jong looking for opportunity, then MAYBE a player being poached for the sake of opportunity/money. Highly doubt we shop anyone around, even Williams who is yet to re-sign and whose spot in the 22 is questionable right now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back