Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure he is who I'd want running the ball out of defence - but that's not his role and I actually think he'd be worth a shot. Shown much more than McAsey and from memory, much more KPD size as well. Wouldn't have to be the #1 defender, would be a reasonable shot at #2 spot.

His 1 wood is going with the big boys like Lynch, Kings etc and at least halving contests for the smalls to clear out, though his overhead marking isn't bad at all. He's not the Lever type to sag off and take intercept marks all day long, but give him a task and he'll stick to it which seems to suit Bevo's coaching style.

Thing is though, there is no way North lets him go.

His 1 wood is going with the big boys like Lynch, Kings etc and at least halving contests for the smalls to clear out, though his overhead marking isn't bad at all. He's not the Lever type to sag off and take intercept marks all day long, but give him a task and he'll stick to it which seems to suit Bevo's coaching style.

I think he and Keath would be a good combination. Play Crozier, Dale, Daniel and Williams around them and that's a good defensive unit.

Like with any club if the player wants out he often goes. So it won't be North's call especially so when his contract is up.

Who'd want to be a defender at North for the next few yrs??

I'm not sure he is who I'd want running the ball out of defence - but that's not his role and I actually think he'd be worth a shot. Shown much more than McAsey and from memory, much more KPD size as well. Wouldn't have to be the #1 defender, would be a reasonable shot at #2 spot.
To be fair he does have 4 years on McAsey.
But McKay is the type of defender we need - not one who will be ready in 2-3 years.

Probably Ben McKay because he will get massively overpaid.
Will be overworked though you'd reckon. North have to overpay someone I guess with Polec, Hall etc eventually coming out of contract.

To be fair he does have 4 years on McAsey.
But McKay is the type of defender we need - not one who will be ready in 2-3 years.

That's a fair comment too. And recollection of heights/weights etc has never been my strong suit... so they may be similar in size.

But I've watched a few North games and I think McKay is ok - not the finished product, but he's been the #1 KPD (through injury) and stuck to his job very well at times. And in a poor side....

Mabior Chol is out of contract at the end of the year.
Hasn't played at all in 2021, we just have to be asking the question.
He's light but athletic, 2m tall and in terms of contract + opportunity we have to be an attractive option.

I suspect Chol's going to be easier to get out of Richmond than a guy who will have a contract that will blow us out of the water $$$ wise.
Might help a little having Buks on our list too.

He's light but athletic, 2m tall and in terms of contract + opportunity we have to be an attractive option.

I suspect Chol's going to be easier to get out of Richmond than a guy who will have a contract that will blow us out of the water $$$ wise.
Richmond fans seem to think he’s a bit soft/uncompetitive.

Richmond fans seem to think he’s a bit soft/uncompetitive.
So he's an upgrade on Lewie Young?
We need to find a plug & play KPD option at the end of the year and there just aren't many gettable.

Definitely the type of player we should be looking at.
Bevo's key criteria for that secondary key defender role seems to be speed, athleticism and endurance which Chol does have.
The other criteria Bevo seems to value such as ability to hold to a structure and perform a specified role are hard to assess from an external viewpoint.

Another player who has that athleticism and is out of contract is Tim O'Brien who seems to have been pushed back to defense with Lewis and and Koschitzke going past him in the forward line.

Again he may lack the mongrel and desperation required to play that lock down role - but I think that type of player is a more likely acquisition than a more proven but less athletic type who Bevo would never select.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Chol even played much defence? I’ve always seen him play 3rd tall forward/ruck
A little time in a pre session game this year, and short stints in the past.
UFA so a freebie. He's the type of freebie we should be considering. He looks a little lost as a forward and not enough of a prick for a ruck so I think he's best suited to defence anyway

A little time in a pre session game this year, and short stints in the past.
UFA so a freebie. He's the type of freebie we should be considering. He looks a little lost as a forward and not enough of a prick for a ruck so I think he's best suited to defence anyway
Absolutely could be a great Moneyball pick that could work out very well, like Allir Allir has for Port

After last week and the first part of tonight, Billy Murphy looks a real goer from the bullants. Nippy small fwd type who could play straight away. Good at ground level.
We'd have to be looking at that type. I suspect Corey Preston is being watched very closely

Will be overworked though you'd reckon. North have to overpay someone I guess with Polec, Hall etc eventually coming out of contract.
Aiden Corr is on $600k pa. I guess that's a start to hitting their cap floor

We'd have to be looking at that type. I suspect Corey Preston is being watched very closely
At this rate I can't see Cavarra on our list next year. If we do move him on, Preston makes a lot of sense as a similar type, and someone we'd be familiar with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back