Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Day ever played kpd? I've only ever seen him as a forward and chop out ruck. He does have the attributes though to play in defense. If dogs think they can work with him he wont be a bad pickup.

Could a Chol/English 60/40 type ruck/forward set up work? Done some pretty impressive stuff tonight. Wouldn’t want him to take 90% of the ruck work but in combo with a guy like Timmy they could both possibly do enough in the ruck while offering heaps around the ground and down forward. With Nank coming back and CJ probably preferred as the forward/ruck type hed definitely be gettable if he wanted game time which we could offer

Could a Chol/English 60/40 type ruck/forward set up work? Done some pretty impressive stuff tonight. Wouldn’t want him to take 90% of the ruck work but in combo with a guy like Timmy they could both possibly do enough in the ruck while offering heaps around the ground and down forward. With Nank coming back and CJ probably preferred as the forward/ruck type hed definitely be gettable if he wanted game time which we could offer

I think he’ll end up at the Suns. Either him or CCJ. English needs to be our number one eventually i think. But would be a nice structure for us to have if we could pull it off.

I think he’ll end up at the Suns. Either him or CCJ. English needs to be our number one eventually i think. But would be a nice structure for us to have if we could pull it off.
I don’t think Timmys ever going to be a number one tbh, he’s just not very good in there, plus I don’t think he needs to be I think his strengths are more use to us out of the ruck. I think he could be one of the most important players in the game, one of the hardest match ups, but I don’t ever really wanna see him spend more than 40% at the most in the ruck tbh

I don't get the fascination with Chol. He looks an ok second ruck, but his lack of awareness as to where his opponent is would be a liability if played as a KPD. Seems to do a lot of ball watching for mine, something that was evident by him being nowhere near NikNat as he marked in the forward line late in the game.

Pass.

I don't get the fascination with Chol. He looks an ok second ruck, but his lack of awareness as to where his opponent is would be a liability if played as a KPD. Seems to do a lot of ball watching for mine, something that was evident by him being nowhere near NikNat as he marked in the forward line late in the game.

Pass.

He repeatedly lost track of NikNat at stoppages and also didn’t appear to know where the ball was a couple of times too.
You are right, with his awareness, he can’t be a KPD.

Pass.
Yeah Nicnat worked him over big time in the 2nd half, and I definitely wouldn’t want him as a KPD either not really sure where that ideas come from I can’t actually remember him even playing that position. Wouldn’t mind him on the list but probably not at whatever the asking price is, agree he’s probably not the best option for us. Although the Timmy/Chol double does interest me a little bit

Yeah Nicnat worked him over big time in the 2nd half, and I definitely wouldn’t want him as a KPD either not really sure where that ideas come from I can’t actually remember him even playing that position. Wouldn’t mind him on the list but probably not at whatever the asking price is, agree he’s probably not the best option for us. Although the Timmy/Chol double does interest me a little bit
Me either, but its a popular subject on this board. I actually think that Chol isn't a need and that Sweet is the right foil for English in the coming years. I also think they actually complement each others strengths and weaknesses quite nicely. If its another cheap project ruck/chb we're looking at we could do worse than Bailey Van De Heuven at Footscray. As you note he'd certainly come cheaper than Chol would should he leave the Tigers, which I doubt anyways. Or given the likelihood of him going inside the top 20 this year, we could just wait for Sam Darcy to fall into our lap next year and put the work into him.

Me either, but its a popular subject on this board. I actually think that Chol isn't a need and that Sweet is the right foil for English in the coming years. I also think they actually complement each others strengths and weaknesses quite nicely. If its another cheap project ruck/chb we're looking at we could do worse than Bailey Van De Heuven at Footscray. As you note he'd certainly come cheaper than Chol would should he leave the Tigers, which I doubt anyways. Or given the likelihood of him going inside the top 20 this year, we could just wait for Sam Darcy to fall into our lap next year and put the work into him.

Darcy will take a few years, he’s a broomstick at the moment. I’m very glad we have him coming as a KPD/ruck of the future, but we need someone for the present too.

Harry Edwards. Not sure where he fits when McGovern returns. He’d be behind Barrass as well. Could we have a crack? Where’s he from? Really like him.
Would be hard to get him out of the Eagles as a WA boy, contracted for next year too. After a quick bit of reading it sounds like he was primarily a midfielder before a late growth spurt, is very mobile for someone his size. Given that he might even be able to squeeze in and find a role alongside Barrass and McGovern.

None of that should stop us asking the question if we like him of course, I’d much prefer him to Chol

Darcy will take a few years, he’s a broomstick at the moment. I’m very glad we have him coming as a KPD/ruck of the future, but we need someone for the present too.
We already have Martin, Sweet and English on our list for 2022 and presumably Darcy looks a likely signing. If he's our development Ruck, do we really need a 5th Ruckman?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We already have Martin, Sweet and English on our list for 2022 and presumably Darcy looks a likely signing. If he's our development Ruck, do we really need a 5th Ruckman?

The good thing is that Van De Heuven is a player that would be a ruck/forward so he'd be cover for multiple roles. Darcy also looks like he's more of a tall utility that can hold down multiple positions.

The good thing is that Van De Heuven is a player that would be a ruck/forward so he'd be cover for multiple roles. Darcy also looks like he's more of a tall utility that can hold down multiple positions.
Fair enough mate. With Bruce, English and Naughts looking the goods, Jamarra chomping at the bit and Schache as depth, I'd argue a further tall forward is not much of a need either.

To be honest, unless Sammy P is again canny enough to sniff out another Treloar style super bargain, I'd be perfectly content to see us strategically identify the best available kpd out there and throw our salary cap space and trade capital at him

1 AFL experienced player and all other list spots to best available kids would be a great result for mine. With the difficulties of last year's draft, reckon this year's could have a bounty of hidden gems

I think ceglar would make us a better team.

He is the right age and gettable
Not for me. Played the game of his life on the weekend but that’s very much the exception rather than the rule. Also under contract so won’t be without a price

Article in the hun about Billings being a free agent.

Any takers or is he just a poor man's Weightman?

Pick 1 Tom Boyd
Pick 2 Josh Kelly
Pick 3 Jack Billings
Pick 4 Marcus Bontempelli

Make it all happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back