Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I remember at the time that Duryea was seen as a depth player who'd do some good stuff but ruin it with dumb stuff minutes later. Nobody would have expected that he'd become a rock in defense

Duryea was good enough to play in 2? Premierships for hawthorn. Depth is a stretch

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

True. Both were pretty physically developed and in Jackson's case he did play 6 games. If we get 6 games from Sam Darcy (who started the year at 204cm and his weight was 78kgs or similar) that's outstanding.
I expect JUH plays a games tally in the double figures next year. He's fortunate that (like Naughton) his forte is speed, leap and timing rather than bodywork. Doesn't have Naughtons's attack on the football (nobody does) or tank (yet) but he has more natural forward craft and seems a better set shot.
Given we got some games out of English in his first two seasons I’m optimistic!

Hopefully he’s been smashing a double rib eye dinner a day during lockdown six.

restricted FA.
That makes it a little harder.
If we are also into Ladham's, draft capital is zero this year and Sammy P ain't really into going in to deficit with so many F/S coming up.
Who in our list is that we are prepared to trade and is worth something in the open market?

I like that ideas but What's his status?
Unrestricted or do we have to trade/ find draft captial.
UFA, only 193cm so not sure if he's what we are after unless we want a tallish interceptor in lieu of Crozier/Wood

Can be a bit slow to make decisions with ball in hand.

That makes it a little harder.
If we are also into Ladham's, draft capital is zero this year and Sammy P ain't really into going in to deficit with so many F/S coming up.
Who in our list is that we are prepared to trade and is worth something in the open market?
JJ for mine, not sure of currency though?

UFA, only 193cm so not sure if he's what we are after unless we want a tallish interceptor in lieu of Crozier/Wood

That almost sounds like the game review of Cordy😂
Is there a time line crossover with bevo, a personal connection like that might help a transfer competed.

Can he be like Petty from Melbourne?

O'Brien imo is an almost top player so not sure he gets to be one - seems to get his hands on the ball in marking contests but most times doesn't mark it.

The issue with Naughton isn't just the Grand Final; he has quiet games a bit too often. His best is exciting, but even that is limited compared to some of the other top key forwards in the AFL.

Some people have the opinion that he can improve. I have the opinion that he's around his peak as a forward right now, and that a move back to defence is the key to getting the best out of him.
He was literally one of the most consistent key forwards in the league Up until about round 15 when he started to have some injury issues. He’s literally 21 years old…

He was literally one of the most consistent key forwards in the league Up until about round 15 when he started to have some injury issues. He’s literally 21 years old…
More like round 11.

Is he capable of playing key forward effectively? Yes.
Could his attributes as a footballer be better utilized in defence? At least I think so.

Our forward line has too many non-natural forwards. Something has to change.

Of course Lloyd is saying that - he knows which club we'd trade Dunkley to!

Libba is just about done as our prime centre bounce muscle. Dunkley in my view will be our 2nd most important mid next year. I understand your desire to trade out something we have an excess of (mids) to fill a hole. But unfortunately the precise mix of mids and age profiles we have right now makes that trade counter-productive for any of our 6 major mids, in my view.
Dunks doesn’t have a heap of speed and his kicking is pretty poor. . He has currency and maybe Daniel could do a bit of inside mid? Not sure how much of a loss he’d be for us even though I like the cut of his jib. A decent 1st and we could split it into a couple of decent picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunks doesn’t have a heap of speed and his kicking is pretty poor. . He has currency and maybe Daniel could do a bit of inside mid? Not sure how much of a loss he’d be for us even though I like the cut of his jib. A decent 1st and we could split it into a couple of decent picks.

Who else do we have that is big enough and physical enough to do what Dunks did this year pre-shoulder? Blocking, crunch-tackles, smothers. He is our best defensive mid. Liber is more creative, but also ageing.

Do people want me to start a 2021 Draft thread and chuck all the profiles that been released so far?
Probably a good idea. Want to talk about a few players that could be around later in the draft that we can develop. It would get lost in here amongst all the trade talk.

He also is never out marked. Brought the ball to ground every time on Saturday not his fault we had no smalls there

Easy to forget that and its a good quality to have and the small forwards can anticipate what will happen in a marking contest.

O’BRIEN a upgrade on both Cordy and Gardiner. I think he players taller than the 193cm as he is good in the air. We are shocked when either Cords or Gards take a contested grab. I nearly had heart attack when Gards took that great mark in front of Dixon. Just wished he could do that 6 times a game.

Probably a good idea. Want to talk about a few players that could be around later in the draft that we can develop. It would get lost in here amongst all the trade talk.
Thread up now

Our first for Ceglar & Breust with picks/points back. Gives us a ruck and quality natural forward chasing flags to help guide Astro/Cody with Bruce out in the long term. If 2 30+ year olds are seen as too much, make it Wingard then but we would get less back.

Add in 2 ready to go defenders like Clurey & Schlongdong for additional depth which takes the list spots of Jong & Hayes for better list balance.

Draft-wise depending on list spots I’d only target lockdown defender, explosive mid and crumbing small forwards, maybe another mature aged ruck if we don’t think Sweet is up for it & have another spot

Already answered that.
Fact is what happened this season not what may happen next year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Fact is white is white and black is black.
Suggesting something that isn't measurable or provable as fact doesn't make it so.

Remember the days when we were an average team and pinned hopes on trading for Casboult or even Matthew Bate?!
TC those days are gone.
Bruce, Keath, Treloar. Keep going Sam Power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back