Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasnt NMM one of our draft picks?
If he'd showwd some form over sweety, i wondering if he's worth a look as backup
He was ours a couple of years back. Moved ok for his size but is nowhere near AFL ruckmen. 198cm and listed at 94 kgs.
He's not playing VFL next year, signed with local footy.

It makes the calls to bring Sweet into the team for finals even more perplexing - he was getting beaten by guys with one foot out of the VFL system.

He was ours a couple of years back. Moved ok for his size but is nowhere near AFL ruckmen. 198cm and listed at 94 kgs.

It makes the calls to bring Sweet into the team for finals even more perplexing - he was getting beaten by guys with one foot out of the VFL system.

Easy to highlight and recall a VFL game where he was beaten by NMM type but not look at the 5 AFL games he played.

To me he didn’t look out of place in his AFL games and yes may have gotten beaten at VFL level but you have those days.

There is a reason why WC and other clubs are looking at him.

Easy to highlight and recall a VFL game where he was beaten by NMM type but not look at the 5 AFL games he played.

To me he didn’t look out of place in his AFL games and yes may have gotten beaten at VFL level but you have those days.

He played those 5 AFL games on the back of solid VFL form (although one of those games was against GCS who didn't play a ruck).
His VFL form tapered off a lot.
Players should earn games, not be gifted them regardless of form.

Tom Campbell and Rhys Stanley bathed him in the weeks leading up to that last VFL game. By the end of the season he was battling.

It wasn't just an off day BTC was slaughtering Sweet against North and the Sydney game at WO he had a mare as well.
Sweet has to narrow the gap between his best and his worst, because when he isn't on he gets beaten pretty badly.
He has shown some signs hope he signs on and makes the grade with us

Let’s trade Lipinski for Roughy. Is a better second key defender than anyone else on our list and probably a better ruckman too.

Is a Dog’s premiership player, great bloke and doggies supporter. Maybe Bevo can beg him to come back
Been a bulldogs supporter it means nothing....lipinski is a bulldogs supporter him self and he want to go

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have just about recovered from the Grand Final result and do not need to hear we are losing Lipinski, Sweet and Young. Lipinsk I understand, but he does have talent and Sweet and Young are both big guys who can fill holes in our team. We have a number of list cloggers we can be rid of and we should not sell the house necessarily to accommodate an unproven Darcy.

Did NMM beat him? I never saw the game but looking at raw stats, Sweet had 30 HO’s to 14, and also had 13 touches and 9 tackles. NMM got a bit of the ball (15) but nothing else stands out. Glass-McCasker had 13 HO’s himself too so maybe Sweet's TOG was managed?

His form did taper badly though and he got absolutely pantsed by Campbell and Sinclair for at least a half. Wonder if he was carrying something or just ran out of gas

My issue is Lipinski and West will be far more accomplished players and have a far better career than Roarke and Scott. Bevo has demonstrated some poor calls in the past giving too many opportunities to so called role players who play no more than 50 games but are taking list spots for 5 years. I do not have much confidence in his ability to identify talent from VFL standard players.

No doubt West, Lipinski and Young and also Sweet have the potential to be best 22 players. It is a failure in our player development if we do not nurture them properly and get the best out of them. Bevo genuinely builds great relationships with most players. but it appears he burns some players to an extent they want out. What happen the Roughead, he seems An amazing guy with great values but it appears he was broken at the dogs. How did this happen?

i know I would prefer West and Lipinski on the list than Scott, Roarke and Will Hayes. I thought Roarke played a few good games and was very solid in the GF but I prefer someone who can get more than 16 disposals playing on the wing and makes us a better team.
Can't like this post enough.

The start of this season saw not only Roarke and Hayes, but also Jong and Cavarra who are all in reality list cloggers. It's ok to keep maybe one or two, but all 4 👎

Been a bulldogs supporter it means nothing....lipinski is a bulldogs supporter him self and he want to go

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
i think Roughy would be perfect for us but I know this will never happen. The relationship appeared toxic with the coach and I have a feeling it still burns Roughy. Not sure he was fair dinkum with wanting the dees to win but if he did it speaks volumes.

Did NMM beat him? I never saw the game but looking at raw stats, Sweet had 30 HO’s to 14, and also had 13 touches and 9 tackles. NMM got a bit of the ball (15) but nothing else stands out. Glass-McCasker had 13 HO’s himself too so maybe Sweet's TOG was managed?

His form did taper badly though and he got absolutely pantsed by Campbell and Sinclair for at least a half. Wonder if he was carrying something or just ran out of gas

Game vs Sydney Sweet went forward and kicked a couple but provided a target which helped Footscray claim a great win from a long way back.

Can't like this post enough.

The start of this season saw not only Roarke and Hayes, but also Jong and Cavarra who are all in reality list cloggers. It's ok to keep maybe one or two, but all 4
You lost me at list cloggers.

For a guy that one of our better players in the GF in Roarke Smith to added to a group called list cloggers is far fetched.
Jong without injury was best 22.

We were let down a lot more by the likes of Lipinski and West than we ever were of Roarke and Jong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You lost me at list cloggers.

For a guy that one of our better players in the GF in Roarke Smith to added to a group called list cloggers is far fetched.
Jong without injury was best 22.

We were let down a lot more by the likes of Lipinski and West than we ever were of Roarke and Jong.

If Lippa had half of the endeavour that Roarke has then he'd never leave the team.

I am probably in the minority but my view is that we should be targeting players who will help us win the flag in 2022 and/or 2023.

Our core midfield (our strongest line) will peak over the next 2 or 3 years (Treloar (28), Libba (29), Macrae (27), Bont (25), Dunkley (24), Smith (20)). Those ages are current and not next year when we play next.

I am happy to pass on Darcy as he will not contribute to our goal of winning a flag next year.

IMO the draft this year is a massive lucky dip anyway given the lack of exposed form in Victoria over the last 2 years.

We should be using pick 17, and any picks we obtain for Lip, Wallis, Young etc. to strengthen our list in the form of a genuine ready ruck and a key position defender.

Now is not the time to be drafting 18 year old key position players. Now is the time to be drafting for another tilt at the premiership.

I’m happy to go down the Geelong path for a year or two (not 5 years like they did!)

I am probably in the minority but my view is that we should be targeting players who will help us win the flag in 2022 and/or 2023.

Our core midfield (our strongest line) will peak over the next 2 or 3 years (Treloar (28), Libba (29), Macrae (27), Bont (25), Dunkley (24), Smith (20)). Those ages are current and not next year when we play next.

I am happy to pass on Darcy as he will not contribute to our goal of winning a flag next year.

IMO the draft this year is a massive lucky dip anyway given the lack of exposed form in Victoria over the last 2 years.

We should be using pick 17, and any picks we obtain for Lip, Wallis, Young etc. to strengthen our list in the form of a genuine ready ruck and a key position defender.

Now is not the time to be drafting 18 year old key position players. Now is the time to be drafting for another tilt at the premiership.

I’m happy to go down the Geelong path for a year or two (not 5 years like they did!)
Yeah.. you don’t pass on key position talents like Darcy. That’s just silly

Fox
My issue is Lipinski and West will be far more accomplished players and have a far better career than Roarke and Scott. Bevo has demonstrated some poor calls in the past giving too many opportunities to so called role players who play no more than 50 games but are taking list spots for 5 years. I do not have much confidence in his ability to identify talent from VFL standard players.

No doubt West, Lipinski and Young and also Sweet have the potential to be best 22 players. It is a failure in our player development if we do not nurture them properly and get the best out of them. Bevo genuinely builds great relationships with most players. but it appears he burns some players to an extent they want out. What happen the Roughead, he seems An amazing guy with great values but it appears he was broken at the dogs. How did this happen?

i know I would prefer West and Lipinski on the list than Scott, Roarke and Will Hayes. I thought Roarke played a few good games and was very solid in the GF but I prefer someone who can get more than 16 disposals playing on the wing and makes us a better team.
So are you saying that we should have given games to more talented players who couldn't/wouldn't do the roles required instead of less talented players who would do the role?

How are these talented players going to develop if they aren't held to account for not doing what the team requires and what message does it send to other players if talented players are gifted games despite not doing their role?

If you do that you end up like Carlton

Yeah.. you don’t pass on key position talents like Darcy. That’s just silly

Who on here has seen Darcy play in the last two years?

I mean how many great games has he played and against who and what league?

Most of the junior footy in Victoria hasn’t transpired.

That pick 17 might deliver us a ready made player and a flag next year.

I don’t care about 5 years time when Darcy may be ready. The cycle suggests we will be at the other end of the ladder then.

We have the team now to compete again.

Maybe I will have egg on my face. But I’m not really interested in Darcy IF we can use that pick 17 to recruit a ready made good quality ruck now.

I think if you've made the GF and can still get access to a top 3 prospect, you take them. When you can take a 204cm utility that every other team would wants, you take them.

I think if you've made the GF and can still get access to a top 3 prospect, you take them. When you can take a 204cm utility that every other team would wants, you take them.

Depends what else you get for the pick though.

I’m saying that IF we can get a ready made good quality ruck, then I would go down that route. Emphasis on READY MADE and GOOD.

I know I’m in the minority, but we need to fix the ruck problem next year. Otherwise this midfield may not compete for another flag.

I get your point, but how many TAC games have there been in the last 24 months?

The recruiters are throwing darts in the dark to some extent this year.

Depends what else you get for the pick though.

I’m saying that IF we can get a ready made good quality ruck, then I would go down that route. Emphasis on READY MADE and GOOD.

I know I’m in the minority, but we need to fix the ruck problem next year. Otherwise this midfield may not compete for another flag.

I don't think many of them are up for trade, especially for as little currency as we've got. And I also think it'd be foolish to throw away a huge piece for our future to focus on one year. Geelong has shown why that's an awful idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back