Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree he hasn’t done much to date and probably not worth it (for example Lipinski should be worth more) but would happily pay a 2nd rounder to get him here.

Genuine small forward with a couple of years development into him, geez he’d just suit us way too well.

What’s his forward pressure like? As it’s a non negotiable for our forward line.

Cody, Hill & VDM at the feet of Naughty, Jamarra & Tim 🤤🤤

Yep... Wouldn't cost a bomb as he hasn't performed to his high expectations.
We need another pure forward.

Essendon or Carlton will get him tho
I'd expect Essendon since Mosquito is gone. Hard to be confident in recruiting him after missing Impey, Wingard and countless others before them

Is it just me but I’m more stressed 😫 that we need 2 new assistant coaches that’s a major issue moving forward..
Leigh Tudor is the man I want but concerns are mounting - more important than this draft me thinks

Is it just me but I’m more stressed 😫 that we need 2 new assistant coaches that’s a major issue moving forward..
Leigh Tudor is the man I want but concerns are mounting - more important than this draft me thinks
I’ve said it before but we should be going hard at Buckley. He’s had 6 months out of the game and might relish joining a contender in a new environment for the first time in his career. I have no idea what his relationship with Bevo is like.

Half the rucks in the leagues seem to come off the rookie list, state leagues or even from other codes. I hope we go down this path.

Im afraid we dont turn over the fringe of the list often enough, and that lack of list turnover is strictly A bev thing - his policy is obviously keeping the group together with positive role models and 'good teammates' >>> getting a good player thru late picks and rookie drafts every 2 years or so.

flipside is we won the premiership with huge roles played by 3 rookies.

I’ve said it before but we should be going hard at Buckley. He’s had 6 months out of the game and might relish joining a contender in a new environment for the first time in his career. I have no idea what his relationship with Bevo is like.
If I was gc I’d rather bucks as a head coach than clarko. What Bucks did in 2018 was close to a miracle with the list he had at his disposal.

Don’t think Buck is for us give the relationship with Treloar. Doubt those two ever fully repair the relationship.

I just went watched the end of the third again for the first time and the three late goals Melbourne got from centre clearances weren’t a ruck issue they were all Libba’s fault. He was playing as the anchor and got sucked in without impacting the ball. If they could fix this issue even without the madness of not getting a ruck in it will make a huge difference.

I was interested to also notice how many simple mistakes coupled with things happening perfectly for Melbourne occurred late in the third. It was a freakish set of circumstances that I’ve never seen before and certainly not something to create doubt in the list going forward outside of the ruck which fills the only missing piece.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Max Lynch is still unsigned and we should have gone harder at Strachan.
TBH I'd take Lynch over Ladhams, seriously.
Yeah this is the part that I don't get. Ceglar I'm not really impressed by, and I think is being overrated here. Ladhams I like but it sounds like the price is too high, and possibly doesn't have his head ion the right place from accounts. But Lynch seems like a no brainer and we don't even seem interested. So strange.

I might be Bobby Hill's biggest fan, so I don't know if we actually need his type at the club, but i would love to see him in our team Screenshot_20211009-132632_AFL.jpg

Unbelievable reach Mutt. Let’s agree to disagree.
When there's actual instances of abuse and name calling on here, just goes through to the keeper. My inclination is that the reaction tends to change depending whether the abuser has an opinion shared by the mods or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think a future second will get it done. He was drafted at pick 24 so I think it’s fair that the Giants would expect a pick around that mark back for a contracted Hill.

He hasn’t set the world on fire but he just played 17 games in his third season and has shown enough to suggest he can be a dangerous small forward at AFL level long term.

Its not what you pay, its who you get. If he is a best 22 player and available, the get him.

We won't have the draft capital to get it done, especially with GWS involved. Don't get your hopes up guys, Let this one pass.
Future picks future picks future picks. We have enough trade capital to get anyone available if we want them.

Future picksssssss why no one listen 😩

I just went watched the end of the third again for the first time and the three late goals Melbourne got from centre clearances weren’t a ruck issue they were all Libba’s fault. He was playing as the anchor and got sucked in without impacting the ball. If they could fix this issue even without the madness of not getting a ruck in it will make a huge difference.

I was interested to also notice how many simple mistakes coupled with things happening perfectly for Melbourne occurred late in the third. It was a freakish set of circumstances that I’ve never seen before and certainly not something to create doubt in the list going forward outside of the ruck which fills the only missing piece.

True. Libba got sucked into the contest without impacting it and it led to a free run out of the centre.

Libba was awful in that period. Was supposed to be the sweeper and was sucked in to the contest. Really poor adjustment.

Dale Morris will be added to the coaching panel.

Future picks future picks future picks. We have enough trade capital to get anyone available if we want them.

Future picksssssss why no one listen 😩
Future 2nd rounder plus an improved pick from the Lipinski trade for Bobby Hill and GWS don’t bid on either Daicos or Darcy at pick #2.

I think i said it at the time but Libba looked cooked early on in the 3rd i was actually shocked with how fatigued he looked and do believe it was a reason we lost it in that 3rd

Libba was awful in that period. Was supposed to be the sweeper and was sucked in to the contest. Really poor adjustment.
Yeah, nah. Melbourne knocked the ball away from the contest and then swept it wide of of the player we had stationed as he sweeper. The real issue was that we had our mids positioned at the feet of the ruckman and were slow to react when it was obvious what was unfolding. It wouldn't have made any difference who we had there. Oncethe ball is wide and on the move under the 6-6-6 rule the forward line is wide open. This was the point where Beveridge ad his team ran out of cards to play and ceded the tactical advantage and the game over to Goodwin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back