Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron Francis out of contract and open to a move - is he any good? I can't say I've seen much of him but as a former pick 6 (wow) surely he has something?
He's great for about 25 minutes per game, until he's gassed.
Seemingly another Veszpremi. Just has naturally low VO2 max and therefore low maximum threshold cardio potential.

Could Sam Hayes play FB? Haven’t watched him but if he’s mobile enough perhaps a potential change will help him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We could keep our first rounder and draft his brother instead

Aaron Francis out of contract and open to a move - is he any good? I can't say I've seen much of him but as a former pick 6 (wow) surely he has something?

His best footy was as third tall defender from memory. Can’t remember which year - maybe 2nd half of 2019 - he was very good at afl level (to be fair, Veszpremi wasn’t).

He’s quite talented but suffered from injury and lack of motor.

If cheap, then a free potential upgrade on Tim O’Brian?

Dunkley out and Mitchell in? Don’t know what he is on but it fills part of the gap? For all our vaunted midfield Libbas knees are still and issue and I’d rather replace dunks with a mature ager if we are bringing Lobb across to have a proper crack.
Id rather keep Dunkley

If we do lose Dunks, I wonder if we can make a play for Zurhaar as a 60/40 mid/fwd split. The kids a Bull, can kick a goal and apply pressure and would do a lot to alleviate the loss of Dunkley. This is assuming we can afford him of course.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
This. Lets raid North. Itll take even Clarko a few years to dig them out of this mess (if he can), by then their guns of today will be past it, bring em over with promise of finals footy

We should be all over Junior Rioli
Reading between the lines of the article on the AFL site, it seems like Port's (and now WCE's) offer is pretty massive. I think we have bigger fish to fry when it comes to high value assets.

Id rather keep Dunkley
Me too - hope he stays. I definitely don’t want to replace him with a draftee though if he goes. I don’t mind the zurhaar play either but anyway we go we need a very good mid (if Dunkley is out) to keep our midfield firing. West will hopefully step up but Libba is getting Dicey and we need a quality extractor which Dunkley provides on rotation.

The ABC ruck article a few weeks ago broke down the ruck stats for Port and he's terrible.
Port were actually better off playing no ruck than they were playing Hayes.

Well with the remains of Stef Martin being turned into fertiliser this offseason the coach is gonna need another ruck he can bury in the twos and ignore so he sounds perfect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well with the remains of Stef Martin being turned into fertiliser this offseason the coach is gonna need another ruck he can bury in the twos and ignore so he sounds perfect.
Rookie a state leaguer. I think we need more depth as well

Id rather keep Dunkley
If people are writing off Dunkley as a money hungry mercenary, then its going to take some incredible metal gymnastics to get their head around recruiting Tom Mitchell.

If people are writing off Dunkley as a money hungry mercenary, then its going to take some incredible metal gymnastics to get their head around recruiting Tom Mitchell.
I don't mind Tom Mitchell as a player, but I wouldn't want him on our list. He doesn't really provide much of a point of difference that I feel Dunkley does, and if we aren't going to cover Dunkey with a player similar to him, I'd rather use the assets gained from his departure to assess the other gaping holes in the list.

I don't mind Tom Mitchell as a player, but I wouldn't want him on our list. He doesn't really provide much of a point of difference that I feel Dunkley does, and if we aren't going to cover Dunkey with a player similar to him, I'd rather use the assets gained from his departure to assess the other gaping holes in the list.

He's not fit to wipe Dunkley's bunghole.

As supporters, if Dunkley signed long-term, would you accept him as a vice-captain or captain of the club in the future?

I find it hard to be emotionally attached to him but at the same time I completely understand why he would put his own interests first.

He's clearly potentially a leader at any club he goes to, and I'd happily have him as captain one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back