Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

SEN gloating that Lohmann has chosen Essendon over bulldogs because there's more certainty around the clubs administration

So not only did they make up that Lohmann had chosen Essendon, they also fabricated a reason also to push an agenda. Pathetic. Good reminder for everyone to take anything that most of SEN "reports" with a grain of salt.

Oh thank goodness Gold Coast can’t get all their academy picks in the first round or I’d just about tune out of the upcoming draft entirely
Oh man, I've already lost interest in this off season.

Norf being handed the first round.

No real exciting talent coming to us via the trade.

North getting kissed on the D a lot by the current admin wouldn't have anything to do with the CEOs brother being a North fan would it? Absolute farce that the AFL is rewarding a team for poor decisions, whilst further diluting an already shallow draft at the top end. Stop rewarding s**t teams, and then maybe it won't encourage tanking and reckless list gutting, because teams know the AFL will reward them for it.

North getting kissed on the D a lot by the current admin wouldn't have anything to do with the CEOs brother being a North fan would it? Absolute farce that the AFL is rewarding a team for poor decisions, whilst further diluting an already shallow draft at the top end. Stop rewarding s**t teams, and then maybe it won't encourage tanking and reckless list gutting, because teams know the AFL will reward them for it.
Not to mention a systematic doping program. Do that and you are rewarded with pick one.

Inside Trading Article

CUT POWER BIG MAN CATCHES INTEREST​

DELISTED Port Adelaide tall Brynn Teakleis on the radar of a few clubs who are searching for a back-up ruckman this off-season.

The 23-year-old was cut by the Power on Tuesday following six games after arriving at Alberton via the 2022 Mid-Season Rookie Draft.

North Melbourne, Greater Western Sydney and the Western Bulldogs have all expressed interest in the West Australian as they prepare for ruckmen to depart during next month's trade period.

Jordon Sweet has already requested a trade to Port Adelaide, Todd Goldstein is expected to depart Arden Street for Essendon, while Gettable reported last month Matt Flynn has been pursued by West Coast this year.
St Kilda is also in the market for another ruckman to support Rowan Marshall, with veteran journeyman Tom Campbell out of contract.

Teakle endured a frustrating injury run at Port Adelaide, breaking his collarbone in his debut against Sydney before a navicular foot injury sidelined him in the middle of 2023 after he played four AFL games in a row.

The 204cm, 102kg Northampton product also spent some time as a key forward and key defender during his 18 months at Port Adelaide.

The Power announced three other list changes this week but ruck duo Scott Lycett and Sam Hayes are yet to re-sign with the club, with Port Adelaide also interested in Richmond premiership player Ivan Soldo.

Teakle can be selected as a delisted free agent when the window opens for a week at the start of November. Fergus Greeneand Francis Evans both landed second chances via the delisted free agency window last year. – Josh Gabelich

Not a totally bad thing.

Maybe we could concentrate on drafting and developing our own players rather than picking up mature age duds, who take opportunities our young players should be getting.

This trade period we are losing Sweet and Khamis, leaving for better opportunity given we picked up Lobb, O’Brien, Gardiner, Hannan etc.. and played them in preference to our younger guys.

Agree with you.

BUT we need to have a better development program and identify the best position and roles for players and then develop them in those positions.

Last edited:
It shouldn't be. Watch again as we sit back and do stuff all as the clubs in the eight actively work to improve their lists.
I'm of the opposite opinion - we were the 4th oldest list this year and we finished 9th.
I want us to hit the draft. No crazy trades for fringe blokes elsewhere.
If a genuine best 22 player is out there, great, but I don't want to jeopardize our draft hand.

I'm of the opposite opinion - we were the 4th oldest list this year and we finished 9th.
I want us to hit the draft. No crazy trades for fringe blokes elsewhere.
If a genuine best 22 player is out there, great, but I don't want to jeopardize our draft hand.
I agree and think this will happen.

If the trade period ends up with us;

- losing 1or 2 looking for opportunity, such as Sweet and Khamis, and

- picking up 1 or 2 talented but luckless types needing a fresh start who could push for a best 22 spot, such as Coffield and Billings,

and ending with a similar draft hand to where we started, that's all we can reasonably expect for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see McKercher played 8 games in the Coates league and won the morrish medal, got votes in 7 of those games.

Our Dunkley pick is going to be a pile of crap at this rate. After all the bids, McKay compo and North free ride, it's going to end up in the 20's. We'll be lucky if it even covers a Croft bid.
Hopefully Croft drops as well due to the GCS bids and McKay compo. This may even out 🤞🤞
Or trade the pick before it drops while it still has value at pick 17.

Norths hand outs should have to be to trade players in. Same as last year. The fact they can use pick 11 to trade up, is a deadset disgrace.
Clubs must be deadset ropable. Rewarding pathetic list management.
Don’t blame other clubs being ropable pushes all their picks back

But harsh, i'm not saying he was brillent but as the no.3 option in the fwd line, Lobb got 24 goals 18 behinds. Goal a game and 9 goal assists. For comparison Bailey Smith had 4 goals 8 behinds and only 5 goal assists.
Timmy 16 goals 4 behinds and only 6 goal assists.
I think he played some very serviceable footy in patches. The problem is that at his worst he was invisible and a defensive liability.

I know he was playing injured from the get go. I hope he comes back fresh next year. As long as he’s consistently dangerous deep forward and offers competent ruck relief then he’s earning his way.

But harsh, i'm not saying he was brillent but as the no.3 option in the fwd line, Lobb got 24 goals 18 behinds. Goal a game and 9 goal assists. For comparison Bailey Smith had 4 goals 8 behinds and only 5 goal assists.
Timmy 16 goals 4 behinds and only 6 goal assists.
Would’ve been ok for just pick 30 but I think we gave a second, second rounder as well. On top of the Dunkley debacle we honestly had our pants around our ankles last year.

I don't think North should be entitled to any additional assistance. It's a nonsense. The AFL shouldn't listen to the sooky la la's. They finished 2nd bottom they get pick 2 to do as they please full stop. It just creates a compromised system that sooky la la's know the AFL will be a soft touch. The problem is North get your act together or turn into oblivion.

We have definitely been screwed over on the Dunkley deal. Essentially two second round picks we got for him, after pick 17 gets pushed out into the 20s. On top of slightly paying overs for Lobb.

For all the talk about Power being awesome and a tough negotiator. We were the first to fold each time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back