Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think many of us share mixed feelings. He is a top 10 draft pick who has had a number of games including finals where he looked every bit a star. A hard trainer and hard rubber. All reports were that prior to this year he was working very hard to get his body right for a big year//

But then a guy who appears to do his own things - training camps organised by managers and if recent reports are correct, rehab outside the club not with the club. Being able to be an individual should be a good thing but thinking you are better than everyone else and need special treatment is negative that offsets his positives.

If his negatives are not affecting the team and coaching panel then based on his talent we should try and keep him.

Keeping midfield talent is disproportionately important for us because in two years we have probably lost Libba, Trelor and maybe Macrae (though he won’t be too old) and we are replacing them with Sanders, Garcia and maybe West (only Sanders looks high probability at this stage but still believ West could surprise us) & no to first round pick this year - this is a big drop in our strengths.

Holmes hasn't put together anything close to Smith's 2021 or first half of 2022. Let's ease up on the he's a better player stuff.
He might get there but isn't yet
Smith is definitely more established, but also coming off a poor year and an ACL which closes the gap. Hope we keep Simth, but would also love to add Holmes

Holmes hasn't put together anything close to Smith's 2021 or first half of 2022. Let's ease up on the he's a better player stuff.
He might get there but isn't yet
Smith’s 2021 is skewed heavily by his semi and prelim performances, the two best games of his career and his hasn’t gotten close to either since.

This is a myth. Had multiple excellent games in 2021 and his 2022 up to the headbutt was outstanding as well
Nothing he did in either of those years came remotely close to those two finals games. They stick out by a country mile as the peak of his career to date, and they are outliers because of the goals he kicked in them. Was solid in 2021 and in 2022 was maybe fringe All Aus squad before his suspension.

This is a myth. Had multiple excellent games in 2021 and his 2022 up to the headbutt was outstanding as well
Even if he gets back to that level it’s not Bont level talent. The $1.1 million being thrown around as on offer is obscene and relates far more to sex appeal than talent which is much the same level as many on any other list. I’d far rather take the draft picks and put that coin into our talls (front and back) rather than mids who are far easier to find and retain. We are in a unique position where we have an excellent group of talls including up and comers. We need the coin to keep them all happy and then I’m happy to build cheaper mids around them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the rumours?
Not even rumors, it's now being run with by a few media personalities.

Bunch of Lions lads went to Vegas last off season, cheated on their missues, decided to talk about it via whatsapp group chat, Charlie Cameron forgot that all his iPhone s**t was on the cloud so his missus back home was reading their group chats, she's let other WAGS know. s**t + Fan.

Also Starcevic was dating Lyons sister, the unconfirmed rumor is he cheated on her whilst on the trip.

Lions club officials have had an emergency meeting bout this as of yesterday (good Friday) - more to come over the coming days I suppose.

Bunch of Lions lads went to Vegas last off season, cheated on their missues, decided to talk about it via whatsapp group chat, Charlie Cameron forgot that all his iPhone s**t was on the cloud so his missus back home was reading their group chats, she's let other WAGS know. s**t + Fan.

Also Starcevic was dating Lyons sister, the unconfirmed rumor is he cheated on her whilst on the trip.

Lions club officials have had an emergency meeting bout this as of yesterday (good Friday) - more to come over the coming days I suppose.
Surely this means that Josh Dunkley, by the standards of 'professionalism' that he applies to others, will have to request a trade at the end of the season.

Nothing he did in either of those years came remotely close to those two finals games. They stick out by a country mile as the peak of his career to date, and they are outliers because of the goals he kicked in them. Was solid in 2021 and in 2022 was maybe fringe All Aus squad before his suspension.
For goals kicked, sure. But if your measuring stick for a midfielder is kicking 3.5 goals a game then I don’t know what to tell you, he’d win the Coleman with that. All players have spike games, two of his best just happen to have been back to back and in finals. That’s a good thing, I feel like you’re holding it against him for some reason.

Only point I’m trying to make is that we’re quick to forget just how good Bailey was/can be

I can only imagine how our fans would react if a opposition supporter posted this sort of tripe about our club.

Enjoy the ambience that is the Gabba Dunkley

You have chosen well for the $ anyway

I can only imagine how our fans would react if a opposition supporter posted this sort of tripe about our club.
The story (not necessarily all of the above details) has been posted by various news outlets and Brisbane supposedly held a 'crisis meeting' yesterday about it.

God I would love nothing more than the Lions blowing up with Dunks there

Our cultures pretty good now maybe his boring personality is the problem and causes the players around him to act out 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back