Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

As we all well know where a player plays in VFL doesn't stop Beveridge playing them somewhere else at AFL most recently we've had JOD in defence only to debut as a forward and it looks likely we will have Freijah debut on the wing even though he has spent all pre-season and every VFL game in defence.

Freijah was on the wing all pre-season.

One Shai Bolton please

He's a bloody good player, Richmond is in for years of pain so he's someone I would aggressively chase. A genuine gamechanger
Looking at guys like Bolton, Short, Rioli and Balta, you'd have to almost think they'd only hang around to repay the Tigers for the premiership years rather than any hope of further career success.

Pretty obvious outs at this point are Scott, McNeil and Keath (good as he was tonight).

Bedendo and a few others would want to do something before the year is out.

Smith is probably gone. Lobb might be traded. Daniel probably wants a fresh start. Would like to see one or two of the Bramble tier out but most are contracted.

Minimum of five out but there could be well north of that. You’d expect some selections to come in. If we got an early first for Smith you’d consider splitting for a few late first rounders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty obvious outs at this point are Scott, McNeil and Keath (good as he was tonight).

Smith is probably gone. Lobb might be traded. Daniel probably wants a fresh start. Would like to see one or two of the Bramble tier out but most are contracted.

Minimum of five out but there could be well north of that. You’d expect some selections to come in. If we got an early first for Smith you’d consider splitting for a few late first rounders.
There's no indication at all that Caleb wants out.... it's apparently the opposite

There's no indication at all that Caleb wants out.... it's apparently the opposite
It might depend on a few things (ie new coach or if he reclaims his spot) but if a club like North will offer him a game every week and he’ll be stranded in the ressies with us I’d be pretty surprised if he didn’t want to move.

Scott is contracted to the end of 2025 so I guess add him to your Bramble tier.

Libba suddenly looks a decent chance to go too at the end of this year.

Off the main list I think Keath is guaranteed, otherwise we have Bedendo, Clarke, JJ, Busslinger, Garcia and Khamis as potential delistings from 2024 contracts. Not including trades. West, Smith, English also unsigned but obviously no chance of delisting.

Keath and duryea are swan songs I believe. They know this is their last year so give it everything they got.

Bolton replacing smith would be funny as hell. Imagine the outrcy that'll get from pies/hawks fans if they had the choice and chose Smith when Bolton was available. I don't think he'll go though. He's 25 and contracted to 2028. Be different if he was closer to 30.

I’d be interested in campbell chesser, currently playing wing for the eagles. Has plenty to work with great speed / endurance mix and a big kick. He is contracted until end of 2025 so not sure what it would take to prize him out.

Could ask the question if Buss requests to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Scott is contracted to the end of 2025 so I guess add him to your Bramble tier.

Libba suddenly looks a decent chance to go too at the end of this year.

Off the main list I think Keath is guaranteed, otherwise we have Bedendo, Clarke, JJ, Busslinger, Garcia and Khamis as potential delistings from 2024 contracts. Not including trades. West, Smith, English also unsigned but obviously no chance of delisting.
Didn’t Libba just accept another 12 month contract before his recent concussions taking him to the end of 25?

Good luck to him if he did. He deserves it.

Keath
Gardner
Duryea
Poulter
Baker
Lobb
Harmes
Coffield
Bramble

9 currently on the list, how many a genuinely best 22?
Keath ? Maybe keep
Gardner X delist
Duryea X (been serviceable but finish 24)
Poulter X delist
Baker X delist
Lobb ? (Trade)
Harmes ✓
Coffield ✓
Bramble ? Keep for 25

English stays the aggression won’t change
You can’t manufacture that IMO you have it or you don’t

The assessment to be made is do we keep English as he is warts and all.
I like English but we can do as well for less money. Briggs sold a dream at West Coast, does Xerri- want to stay at North, is Conway happy behind Stanley.
No doubt we can get a cheap ruck. The question is can our supporters understand the difference between a contested style ruckman and a follower like Tim English?

English has been pretty good the last few weeks I thought, I think his struggles this year could potentially be the best thing to happen to the club. If we can lock him in on good solid contract I’d be pretty happy, 5 years 700k areas hopefully. He has his limitations but… Sam Darcy is the answer. Don’t look at what English brings on his own but look at the partnership, as Darcy gets fitter and stronger that ruck split will go from 80/20 to 60/40 to 50/50 and that will allow us to use English more to his strengths, which he obviously still has a lot of.

English has been pretty good the last few weeks I thought, I think his struggles this year could potentially be the best thing to happen to the club. If we can lock him in on good solid contract I’d be pretty happy, 5 years 700k areas hopefully. He has his limitations but… Sam Darcy is the answer. Don’t look at what English brings on his own but look at the partnership, as Darcy gets fitter and stronger that ruck split will go from 80/20 to 60/40 to 50/50 and that will allow us to use English more to his strengths, which he obviously still has a lot of.

English absolutely worth keeping if the contract $ is right.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back