Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

With Libba likely having to retire Smith has a big opp now to play ft mid
Libba will have to go through more stringent protocols and MAY have to retire, not sure likely is the right word.

Given his age we should already have been looking at Bailey Smith coming through in the midfield any way.

The more this year progresses I will be happy if Tim signs for 4 years and Bailey Smith for from 2 to 4 years.

Tim in tandem with Darcy are a dangerous combination. We still have Croft and Smith coming through so Lobb is then expendable if the right trade comes through for both parties. If not he is amazing depth.

Bailey Smith wants midfield minutes, our midfield needs pace and a hard worker. The opportunity is there for both.

If we do not get a 1st rounder this year so be it but build up our second round picks to bring in young talent

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

How do we build up second rounders though lachy ?

Sounds like Macrae and Daniel are both not wanting out the door (doesn't preclude clubs chasing them though), so if they're still happy with Bevo's management of them, would just leave Lobb to attract a 2nd rounder, assuming your scenario of Tim and Baz staying.

There's no other obvious players to trade out worth a second rounder that I can see?

Sounds like Macrae and Daniel are both not wanting out the door (doesn't preclude clubs chasing them though), so if they're still happy with Bevo's management of them, would just leave Lobb to attract a 2nd rounder, assuming your scenario of Tim and Baz staying.

There's no other obvious players to trade out worth a second rounder that I can see?
We have the option to use our future first, and with father/sons looming it’s probably a good strategy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aiden O'Driscoll has sadly medical retired from AFL

If there's ever anything underlines the severity of concussion, it's this.

A teenager having to retire before playing his first AFL game.

Holy heck, that is awful. Feel desperately sorry for him.

As each day goes on, I think more and more we may very well have seen the last of Libba on the ground. Sad, very sad. Hope I'm wrong.

Next years picks. Lobb, and there are others not thought of besides Daniel like Williams, Khamis. We currently have 30 and 42.

Have I missed something, why is it likely he’ll have to retire?

Beveridge addressed the issue of Libba's return to the game last night on 360. "We hold out a strong hope that he might be able to play again. But ultimately the best result will be the result that is best for Toms well being." He bracketed this by deferring to the expert panel for a clinical diagnosis. As he should.

None of this came across as upbeat.

Last edited:
Beveridge addressed the issue of Libba's return to the game last night on 360. "We hold out a strong hope that he might be able to play again. But ultimately the best result will be the result that is for best for Toms well being." He bracketed this by deferring to the expert panel for a clinical diagnosis. As he should.

Yeah - and given he's gone through a lot in his career (ACLs) and has a Premiership medallion already, I'm not hopeful we get to see Libba again. Absolute fan favourite too so it's tough to lose him

Ideally,
If we are doing a soft rebuild with packing up some veteran players

A couple of clubs need those second and third-rounders

So we could sneak back into the first round and if Bailey leaves

Could have a top 10 and a top 15 pick

Beveridge addressed the issue of Libba's return to the game last night on 360. "We hold out a strong hope that he might be able to play again. But ultimately the best result will be the result that is best for Toms well being." He bracketed this by deferring to the expert panel for a clinical diagnosis. As he should.

Thanks - I was watching but I missed some of that emphasis. Agree, that sounds sadly pragmatic rather than positive.

It pains me to say it

I rather Libba retire than playing footy again even if he's all cleared

The two sudden drops was shocking to watch live at the ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Back