Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast have been rolling a bunch of players in the backline looking for a good half back setup. So far they have settled on Uwland, Sexton, Jeffery, Graham, Clohsey. Obviously they want to improve that setup. JJ is a free hit for them or if they want Daniel and dogs secure Ainsworth. Trade Daniel and whatever picks to get 20 and the compo pick which maybe band 2.

Last edited:
I’m thinking he could be a Dalhouse type player from the 2016 era

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Way to early to write Garcia off as a forward. Good pressure, quick and reasonable skills. If you would have said to me 2 years ago West would be a quality forward I would have laughed. Now I would laugh at me, he has become a quality forward. With a good run at it I believe Garcia could be too

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hopefully we're able to take a couple of promising midfielders in the midseason draft. Especially with Libba maybe gone and Smith as well

Really need Smith to stay somehow

Very sadly it looks likely Libba will retire.
One possible silver lining. Inticing Baz to stay as our new primary inside mid next-year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will preface it by saying not one of my usual sources, but I've been told the dogs have looked at Moi Moi from the Swans VFL as a small forward through the mid-season draft.
Makes sense we'd look at a small forward.

When will we know about Libba and would paying him out be part of our cap if he was to retire?
We'd probably come to an agreement with him.

AFLPA has a fund that may cover part of next years' contact. I'd be comfortable paying him next year somehow after all the service he's given our club. Other clubs have taken players as a rookie the year after they retire to finalise their contractual obligations but still have a main list spot free.

Very sadly it looks likely Libba will retire.
One possible silver lining. Inticing Baz to stay as our new primary inside mid next-year
Macrae/Sanders combo as extractors.
I want Baz to stay as gut-runners are gold the way AFL trends are going. I'm still not confident though. Richards & Baz as the mids who rotate through who can burst means we can survive in the post-Treloar era

Macrae/Sanders combo as extractors.
I want Baz to stay as gut-runners are gold the way AFL trends are going. I'm still not confident though. Richards & Baz as the mids who rotate through who can burst means we can survive in the post-Treloar era
But Smith is an ordinary at best ball user .. even before doing an ACL. Gut running bad ball users who demand the ball will not serve our exciting forward line well into the future ...imo

Smith is the 5 leg multi Sportsbet cash out offer that I want to take.

Last edited:
But Smith is an ordinary at best ball user .. even before doing an ACL. Gut running bad ball users who demand the ball will not serve our exciting forward line well into the future ...imo
Honestly, I see it differently. I think the issue is more decision making than purely ball use, and that can be improved with time. His games as a run-with player were excellent too, especially his game on Cripps last year.

The way footy is played now, you just can't have enough players who can cover the ground well.

Honestly, I see it differently. I think the issue is more decision making than purely ball use, and that can be improved with time. His games as a run-with player were excellent too, especially his game on Cripps last year.

The way footy is played now, you just can't have enough players who can cover the ground well.
And I welcome and embrace the difference of opinion ... however wrong it may be🤣

If the Libba news is true, we really need to keep Baz. The only acceptable alternative is using whatever we get for him is on-traded for an established gun mid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back