Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

What do people know/think about Ash Johnson? How is his tank? Is that something that can be worked on? He's real quick, so I'm wondering if he could work on his endurance and disposal. He has the attributes to be a good wingman.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we want to boost our midfield could we not trade Arty Jones for Chad Warner?

What do people know/think about Ash Johnson? How is his tank? Is that something that can be worked on? He's real quick, so I'm wondering if he could work on his endurance and disposal. He has the attributes to be a good wingman.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I really like Ash buts he's more of a forward
Unless Marra moves up the ground
He wouldn't get a game

The poster is openly admitting that it's fourth hand info re Libba and people are believing it?

What we do know about concussions is that they want to wait a period of time to make a decision one way or another. It's only been a couple of weeks. It's impossible to know if his recovery is good or bad either way because he simply hasn't spent time recovering. Retirement would come with a failure to recover or risks that become apparent over a longer period of time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slow and low impact is definitely not how I’d describe LDU. Down on form this year but guy is a gun
I'm expecting the Saints to throw stupid money at him. $1.5m pa money, they have cap and little class in the centre.

If Libba is retired and we lose Baz. I'd throw the kitchen sink at LDU. I read somewhere here he's a free agent.
Pre agent this year I think so would need to trade for him this year. Free agent next year but would be restricted due to the money he is on.

If we are talking about throwing the sink at LDU, after throwing up at the thought, why not just make sure B Smith signs for 3 years.

Unless Buss is severely homesick he is clearly being groomed and coming along nicely in a team that is more likely to bring him success in the next 3 to 5 years why would he want to leave.

We have room in our cap make it harder for him to leave, unless homesickness is affecting him.

His enthusiasm when players are making debuts and all footage of him he seems more than happy

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The idea a team handing us their F1 for pick 13 last was a “choice” we declined is even more unlikely and speculative than the scenarios you’re criticising. During the trade period, not a single R1 for F1 pick swap was executed. And other than ours, there was only one F1 traded in a pick swap and Port’s F1 only netted them two second rounders, pick 23 and an F2.

The trade isn’t just a mathematical equation you can run on an abacus. There was a distinct risk in not trading 13. Given the likelihood of a Croft bid before 13 and the risk attached with not trading it, it’s probably fairer to view the scenario as using 13 on Croft and the trade as 23 and F1 for 6.

You also have to factor in the bird in the hand aspect. We knew we would get Sanders or Watson at 6. It wasn’t a speculative trade. It was a trade for one of two specific players. Both distinct needs and also, evidently, very good.
Cannot believe some of the things I see on this forum. A risk in not trading a draft pick. :straining:

You can split hairs over what scenarios are realistic or unrealistic but at the end of the day, it's stupid to trade a future first pick when you don't know where your club's at and your coaching situation is unstable.
Also you can't convince me there aren't gentlemen's agreements going on behind the scenes if GWS can get Tom Green with pick 10 when he was rated a top 3 prospect in his draft year.

Croft would have definitely been bid on before 13. GWS took crows pick before dogs pick and if dogs had held onto their pick would have bidded on Croft. GWS took Gothard that pick which wasn't rated that high in rankings next to Croft. I also don't doubt Essendon bidding on Croft like they did taking Lual before dogs could start matching bids.
:drunk:

Poulter has alot of upside, he was our best footscray signing and is exactly how we should should use the last spot on our list.
Now if you read the post.....I said he shouldn't be signed up to a long term contract. I have no issue with him getting 1-2 year deals. He shouldn't be getting anymore than that. Having cloggers getting 3-4 years irks me massively.
Because, they have no value on the trade table and are not going to be pursued by other teams unless delisted.
Duryea who has been a fine player for the club has been going with one year deals, i'm not sure why Poulter can't.
If you think Poulter has lots of upside then good luck to you. He is always going to be a fringe player, he will have the odd good game but won't ever be a regular whilst we are a contender. He may if we become a basketcase like Richmond or North.
I hope you are right but I just don't see it. Collingwood didn't see it either and they are experts at turning average ability players into really good role players.
The proof will be in the pudding i guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back