Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

When has it ever been stated that we commit to recruiting a player from Footscray?

We only got Scott, for instance, as part of the SSP list spot that was made available from a contracted Sam Lloyd rocking up at the first day of pre-season training after all the drafts and retiring the next day. He then beat out other players we had train with us competing for the last list spot over the course of pre-season. If Lloyd had never retired, we never would have had the list spot free, and we wouldn't have recruited anyone from Footscray that year.
I think we’re debating whether we should make that commitment or not. Seems unnecessary to me given the displayed willingness to draft from Footscray even without a formal commitment plus strong player development evidence leading to AFL opportunities even if not with us.

If the club liked AOD in the draft, might we look to replace him with someone in a similar vein? Jack Peris is the one I’ve seen mentioned most - the kid naturally has some serious wheels.

There was also Tarkyn O’Leary who was mentioned a lot as a potential later pick in the national draft. Not sure how he’s travelling this year or where he’s even playing, but appears to be in the same type of player as O’Driscoll as an electric outside runner.

Alternatively, Hately and McArthur would be interesting pick ups that I wouldn’t say no to.

Internally, I like Bianco ahead of Spicer. I’d prefer to look elsewhere though.

Bianca's the obvious one talent alone. Just there isn't really a need for a sub-six foot inside midfielder when Sanders and Garcia can't get onball minutes in the AFL team yet have outplayed Bianco in the VFL. What prospects does Bianco have ti play other positions?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bianca's the obvious one talent alone. Just there isn't really a need for a sub-six foot inside midfielder when Sanders and Garcia can't get onball minutes in the AFL team yet have outplayed Bianco in the VFL. What prospects does Bianco have ti play other positions?

He’s a classic jack of all trades, master of none. Was a half back in juniors iirc, excellent boot from defence.

We were all spewing when the Bombers sniped us for Lual, but crazy to look at it now that if we got to grab Lual with our next pick, or a bid came just a little later, we likely may have missed out on Freijah...
Freijah was pretty high on our draft board. We were never taking Lual ahead of him.

You are a complete idiot of the highest order, lmao.

There is no "risk" in hanging onto a pick we already have you moron. If Croft gets a bid before the pick, so be it. Still end up with a first round pick either way, the same way we would any other draft.

It is completely different from trading both a first round pick AND a future first round pick, especially with a large degree of uncertainty surrounding the club.

I don't expect an idiot like you to grasp this.

This is very funny. Mods feel free to leave it up.

There is no "risk" in hanging onto a pick we already have you moron. If Croft gets a bid before the pick, so be it. Still end up with a first round pick either way, the same way we would any other draft.

It is completely different from trading both a first round pick AND a future first round pick, especially with a large degree of uncertainty surrounding the club.

You can probably refrain from the abuse and creating an alt account

Start an account then straight to name calling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back