List Mgmt. Trade Away Our 2018 1st Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

The Lyon Roars

The further out from a draft, the more speculative it is regarding analysis. That was the point of my post. You're never going to get your two lists for comparison with a summary. By the time the bottom agers get to draft, things change as in the case of Charlie Spargo and Sam Hayes in my example.

The best any of us will get are indicators from scouts who watch underage games, the % of bottom agers playing in the representative teams, and best guess spit-balling from guys who do this for a living. It's all qualitative. But hey - if experts say it's a superdraft next year compared to this - maybe it will be. There's no way to prove it until we get the benefit of hindsight - the rest of us are just sheep until then :p

We are sheep... agree with that....put that tongue away now music sword man :thumbsu:

Ye of little faith :p

May I point out how Cam McCarthy is Jesus and is our Pav replacement. Nathan Wilson will be a cross between peak Shannon Hurn and Stephen Hill. Brandon Matera will have the pressure of Mayne, the kicking of Walters, the speed of Ballas, and won't fall over. The premiership is ours to lose next season.
So it's top 14 then?

Ye of little faith :p

May I point out how Cam McCarthy is Jesus and is our Pav replacement. Nathan Wilson will be a cross between peak Shannon Hurn and Stephen Hill. Brandon Matera will have the pressure of Mayne, the kicking of Walters, the speed of Ballas, and won't fall over. The premiership is ours to lose next season.

Shannon Hurn hasn't had any type of peak other than a widow's peak

I have a gut feel that next years draft will be stronger (at least for us) because if you followed the u18 state leagues (WAFL Colts, SANFL, TAC etc) there were often a lot of bottom agers out performing the draftees from this year.

WAFL Colts GF for instance highlighted East Fremantle, full of some quality bottom agers easily getting over the top of Claremont and making Patmore, England and co look pretty ordinary in comparison. And if you look at the other WAFL Colts sides, often their best players were bottom agers - more often than usual imo. I don't follow the other state leagues as closely but I get the feeling that trend might be the same in SA.

Plenty are also saying the TAC has a weak draft haul this year and it will be stronger next year - I'm not sure that is true though when 14 or so of the top 25 prospects are from Vic Metro in the upcoming draft, and Vic Country has another 5 on top of that (only 2 from WA and 1 from SA seems ridiculously low).

see Chris's recent response YTT...thought it was very good re generally stronger draft when both WA and SA have been strong in U16 and U18

It will interesting to see what happens regardin the live trading of picks/player at the 18 draft.

Right now, we don't have a pick of value outside the first in next years draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back