Trade scenario involving Coll/Carl/Frem

Remove this Banner Ad

brspdt201013

Team Captain
Apr 15, 2008
hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
If I could get your thought on the below trade scenario. I think it is a fairly good deal and all parties look to come out of it on top.

Collingwood trade pick 11 to Carlton for Andrew Walker.

Carlton trade pick 11 and their 3rd round pick (40) to Fremantle for Robert Warnock and David Mundy

Therefore

Collingwood receive Andrew Walker
Carlton receive Robert Warnock and David Mundy
Fremantle receive pick 11 and 40

If I could get your thought on the below trade scenario. I think it is a fairly good deal and all parties look to come out of it on top.

Carlton trade pick 11 and their 3rd round pick (40) to Fremantle for Robert Warnock and David Mundy

Therefore

Let's break down your deal

Carlton lose Walker and gain Warnock and Mundy (A win for them)
Collingwood swap pick 11 for Walker (It's a loss)
And Freo get pick 11 and 40 for Warnock and Mundy (Bent over no lube)

Trade denied:thumbsdown:

Therefore

Pass

Would rather try our luck in the Draft

Sidebottom

Mundy would go for pick 11 however Freo would want more than 40 for warnock as melbourne could offer pick 19 for him. If Carlton offered pick #24 instead of 40 it would probably go through.

Unbelievable ... pick 11 for Walker is an absolute joke.
As for the Brisbane supporter ... keep watching pal the kid is going to be huge.
Walker will be 23 before next season so he's hardly a kid and what stops Walker from being a great player is his poor disposal and for a player that plays in space like him thats not good. His kicking efficiency hovers around the 70% mark and thats over the previous five years and his overall disposal efficiency this year was 71% which puts him in the poor category. You can accept those numbers if you're an inside player but Walker's not.

That Brisbane supporter is right, he's not a star.

Walker will be 23 before next season so he's hardly a kid and what stops Walker from being a great player is his poor disposal and for a player that plays in space like him thats not good. His kicking efficiency hovers around the 70% mark and thats over the previous five years and his overall disposal efficiency this year was 71% which puts him in the poor category. You can accept those numbers if you're an inside player but Walker's not.

Your entitled to your opinions even if they are inaccurate.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the AFL season started before May 18th. :rolleyes:

FUC*ER!

Can't see collingwood trading their first round pick, especially if they are going to make some kind of play for Kerr, also fremantle would want pick 24 and 11 in your proposed deal, not pick 40.

Collingwood receive Andrew Walker for pick 11
Carlton receive Robert Warnock and David Mundy for Andrew Walker and pick 40
Fremantle receive pick 11 and 40 for Warnock and Mundy

I must be missing something. Warnock and Mundy are not star players and although Warnock may be in the future I doubt Mundy ever will (especially if he stays at Fremantle with their track record developing players) pick 11 and 40 appears more than appropriate compensation from where I am sitting, if anything Fremantle wins out.

Can you tell me what Thomas' efficiency is for an outside player who enjoys space more than an Astronaut in games? :eek:

Walker is a better kick than Dane Swan in his sleep.

His efficiency went up with each game and finished at 82%.

His passes to set up Fev and Murphy against Brisbane were pinpoint - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAJe10CzUuo

I wouldn't take pick 11 for Walker if you offered it when we need to find more pace and run in the draft.

I doubt Walker would want to join a side that couldn't beat us this year. :)

He finished his year on a good note and will be raring to go next year for a full year with Judd. ;)
A win for Carlton there, but no way Collingwood and Fremantle would go for that.
How is losing Walker and pick forty for Mundy and Warnock a win for Carlton? :confused:

We're basically swapping Warnock for pick 40 and losing a player who loves the Blues. According to his Dad, Walker is so pissed after a loss, he's practically punching holes in the walls.

Trade him for Mundy...

LOL.

Trade denied.

Carlton doesn't need a Mundy when we have sufficient of that type of player on our list.

Walker is just what Collingwood needs, another player who can't drive for a year....

Can you tell me what Thomas' efficiency is for an outside player who enjoys space more than an Astronaut in games? :eek:
Dale spends half his time playing half forward and with an opponent, they're called halfbacks, not many sides leave players alone in the forward half of the ground and his contested possession rate is exactly the same as Marc Murphy's. His kicking efficiency over his first three years is 80% which is very good in anyone's language.
Walker is a better kick than Dane Swan in his sleep.
No he's not and he hasn't been over the length of their careers, and Dane gets close attention these days, they're called taggers
His efficiency went up with each game and finished at 82%.
And you use a sample of one game to illustrate your point,:D Way to run the white flag up the pole.

Walker is not worth pick 11.

We should only use our 1st rd pick if it's part of a deal to get Daniel Kerr.

I doubt Daniel Kerr is going anywhere, so we'll just keep the pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back