News Trade Week thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a dampener for everyone expecting something to happen.

There's no salary cap at present (a massive **** up by the AFL and AFLPA in their little dick swinging competition) and as such, the AFL can sign off on any trades by acknowledging the cap hasn't been breached....or it creates a weird loophole where the cap can't be breached.....I'm a little unsure of the legalities on this one, but it shouldn't happen.

The AFL will likely just set a cap later today if everyone can't play nice. As such no player deals will likely be done (unlikely on day 1 anyway....you know) as TPP and marketing deals haven't been set yet and thus contracts can't be negotiated on.

Very strange situation we've had from Sunday following the GF to now, as there are no real payment laws.

Gday crows fans, I was just traveling behind sando on the train. Didn't realize it was him until someone rang him and he said he was on his way to etihad stadium. He was on the phone to someone from within the club by the sounds of it.
He said they interviewed 32 kids at the draft camp and went really well.
Mentioned Adelaide being one of the main players in trade week and that will determine who they draft and with what choices.
Said he had spoken to Jack Gunston and is very disappointed in his decision to leave as he believes it costs young players a year or 2 in their development.
Said jack has spoken to 6 or 7 clubs and wants to go to hawthorn (no surprise) but that it isn't that simple and hawthorn will have to give something decent up to get him.

Nothing too newsworthy to note. Anyway he looked very keen and excited for the week.

I have always liked Sando and hope he goes well. Best of luck

Gday crows fans, I was just traveling behind sando on the train. Didn't realize it was him until someone rang him and he said he was on his way to etihad stadium. He was on the phone to someone from within the club by the sounds of it.
He said they interviewed 32 kids at the draft camp and went really well.
Mentioned Adelaide being one of the main players in trade week and that will determine who they draft and with what choices.
Said he had spoken to Jack Gunston and is very disappointed in his decision to leave as he believes it costs young players a year or 2 in their development.
Said jack has spoken to 6 or 7 clubs and wants to go to hawthorn (no surprise) but that it isn't that simple and hawthorn will have to give something decent up to get him.

Nothing too newsworthy to note. Anyway he looked very keen and excited for the week.

I have always liked Sando and hope he goes well. Best of luck

Cheers for that. Great to see Sando actually at Etihad for trade week. Craig hardly ever attended. In any case it's going to be a very important week for the future of our club.

There's no salary cap at present (a massive **** up by the AFL and AFLPA in their little dick swinging competition) and as such, the AFL can sign off on any trades by acknowledging the cap hasn't been breached....or it creates a weird loophole where the cap can't be breached.....I'm a little unsure of the legalities on this one, but it shouldn't happen.

What? have you got a source for that?

An Enterprise Agreement continues in operation until it's terminated or replaced, both of which need agreement from both parties. What you're saying doesn't make any sense unless the AFL agreed to terminate the existing agreement, which would be completely bizarre.

What? have you got a source for that?

An Enterprise Agreement continues in operation until it's terminated or replaced, both of which need agreement from both parties. What you're saying doesn't make any sense unless the AFL agreed to terminate the existing agreement, which would be completely bizarre.
Player agent and Walsh from the Pies were on SEN this morning talking about it. It does seem strange, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's not 100% accurate.

not sure the exact times

I was trying to tune into the draftweek radio station, but alas like most things on the AFL website...it doesn't work properly for me.
Telstra to be traded for a half eaten sandwich?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interviewed Marcus Ashcroft on trade week radio and asked about Tippett. Said they were interested, but if it came at the cost expense of keeping Day, Dixon etc they probably wouldn't be keen.

Interviewed John Longmire & asked about Armstrong, but didn't give much away. pretty much said if Armstrong is keen to come to Sydney we will see how it pans out

Player agent and Walsh from the Pies were on SEN this morning talking about it. It does seem strange, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's not 100% accurate.

Nah, found it;

Salary Cap Deal or No Deal

We have informed the AFL Players' Association that if we have not reached agreement by next Monday ... we will set the Total Player Payment limit, ASA limit and relevant minimum payments for players on club lists for the 2012 season

There's nothing stopping the AFL increasing conditions but it's pretty silly. Doing that just drags negotiations out further because it gives the AFLPA no sense of urgency. If they left the TPP as it is then it puts pressure back on the AFLPA to get a deal done, now they can drag it out for another 6 months or more if they want.

One thing I forgot in my earlier post was that Sando told the person on the other end of the phone that between draft day and day 1 of pre-season it is very important to stay in touch with the draftees families. He said they need to do everything from day 1 to make the new players and their family welcome to the club and city.
Possibly a reaction to gunston and others in the past wanting to go home? Either way what he was saying sounded very good and hopefully the person he was speaking too, presumably an Adelaide official, is planning something as we speak.

Nah, found it;

Salary Cap Deal or No Deal

There's nothing stopping the AFL increasing conditions but it's pretty silly. Doing that just drags negotiations out further because it gives the AFLPA no sense of urgency. If they left the TPP as it is then it puts pressure back on the AFLPA to get a deal done, now they can drag it out for another 6 months or more if they want.
You'd be crazy to make a trade for a player with a 'decent' contract without seeing these terms. The AFL would be equally as crazy to undercut the AFLPA and just set the caps, that would be seen as a massive insult.

.....but then again, tis the season

svs4fk.jpg

Would someone be able to set up a Twitter list of 'official' accounts covering Trade Week.

Your Emma Quayles, SEN's, clubs, news sources, Shifter Sheahans etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back