Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Basically getting back what we paid for him at PSG.

Physically I don't think he was up to high PL status and seemed to have a mistake or 2 in him.

On another note, some people I follow think we might have at Nunes as part of the Paqueta deal because of the Lopetegui connection.
Always thought Nunes was a weird one for City. Didn't quite fit their style. I don't think Paqueta does either tbh.

Always thought Nunes was a weird one for City. Didn't quite fit their style. I don't think Paqueta does either tbh.
So long as Nunes hasn't been Kalvin Phillips'd, I'd be for it, we need a box to box mid who has better technical quality than Soucek if we are going to play 3 center mids.

Paqueta I think may depend on what happens with Bernardo Silva ultimately perhaps.

So long as Nunes hasn't been Kalvin Phillips'd, I'd be for it, we need a box to box mid who has better technical quality than Soucek if we are going to play 3 center mids.

Paqueta I think may depend on what happens with Bernardo Silva ultimately perhaps.
Kalvin Phillips wasn't as good as people made him out to be and then he didn't play and that was it. Think Danny Drinkwater

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kalvin Phillips wasn't as good as people made him out to be and then he didn't play and that was it. Think Danny Drinkwater

Phillips' best is very good. He's got a good engine which meant he could screen for Leeds when their full backs pushed forward. For England he slotted passes between the lines and got forward.

But there were other times he actually broke up promising moves by passing backwards. His spell with West Ham has been disastrous.

He's contracted to City until 2028. I imagine he will spend the rest of his contract on loan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back