Mega Thread Tribunal Verdict - Not comfortably satisfied there was a violation - Statement in Post #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone feel that Essendon and certain individuals like Tim watson are trying to force a not guilty verdict! From all their media articles its unbelievable they keep saying they very confident of not guilty verdict. Quite clear they're trying to persuade public opinion.

ASADA will look like complete fools if all the players walk away today...
Tim Watson has been wrong every step of the way. You would do well to just ignore everything and let it roll out.

This. So much this.

If the players get off, this will be the reason.
how times change eh mate

Consent forms signed by a player admitting to using Thymoisin = proof 'beyond balance of probabilities' that player used 'Thymoisin'

Then ASADA use the chain of supply from Dank and China, the use of offiste injections, and the fact the 'thymoisin' was prepared in the exact same manner as TB4 etc to establish 'beyond balance of probabilities' that they 'thymoisin' used was TB4.

Get it yet?

Remember "get it yet?"

Guess it was a simpler time

Whisper has been out since Friday that the players have been cleared...and the club did brief the parents of the players on Friday as well.

Whisper was.... hang on it was a loud public statement from Little ...... that SCNs were not going to be issued.

Before that we had the whisper way back when, that it would all be cleared up, no foul, in a couple of weeks.

After that we had the whisper that Essendon and Hird had a very strong case.

I could go on. Optimistic whispers emanating from Essendon have a zero success rate thus far. Then again, you keep listening to wild arsed whispers it must be possible that one of them will eventually be accidentally correct.

Hird's mouthpiece in Robbo said last night he had heard the rumours - had taken it up with those at Essendon and had been told that they are still in the dark.

I think people are taking Gordon's and Watson's comments and coming to a reasoned guess.

It is a tough link to prove to comfortable satisfaction every step. That is China -> Charters -> Alavi -> Dank -> Individual Player

Particularly when the last part is completely shambolic in delivery.

afl seemed to think it fits together like lego

1. On 2 August 2011 Dank forwarded a text message to Robinson stating: Hi mate. Just in consult for a shoulder reconstruction. This case will be of interest to you. We are utilizing Thymosin post surgically for one shoulder but prophylactically for the other. Thymosin is so effective in soft tissue maintenance. 2. Dank was referring to Thymosin Beta-4 and not Thymosin Alpha as the functions of Thymosin Beta-4, but not Thymosin Alpha or Thymomodulin, include tissue regeneration and recovery functions. 3. On 23 August 2011 Dank forwarded a text message to Robinson stating: Don’t forget how important Thymosin is. This is going to be our vital cornerstone next year. It is the ultimate assembly regulatory protein and biological modifier. 4. Dank was referring to Thymosin Beta-4 and not Thymosin Alpha as the functions of Thymosin Beta-4, but not Thymosin Alpha or Thymomodulin, include tissue regeneration and recovery functions. 5. Prior to 26 November 2011 Dank informed Charter that he needed Thymosin Beta-4. 6. On 26 November 2011 Charter travelled to Shanghai, China in order to procure the raw materials for peptides including Thymosin Beta-4. He procured those raw materials from GL Biochem (Shanghai) Ltd (GL Biochem). 7. On 1 December 2011 Dank forwarded a text message to Robinson stating Collingwood is on TA65 8. On 1 December 2011 Dank forwarded a further text message to Robinson stating: I am planning with [Alavi] at the moment. We are planning something better. 9. On 1 December 2011 Charter initiated inquiries with GL Biochem for a second order of peptides.

29 10. Between 1 December 2011 and 8 December 2011 Charter ordered raw materials for the second purchase of peptides including the raw materials for Thymosin Beta-4. 11. Charter’s order did not contain Thymosin Alpha. 12. Charter only ever procured Thymosin Beta-4 for Dank, not Thymosin Alpha. 13. On 2 December Charter returned to Melbourne from Shanghai with the raw material in respect of the first purchase of peptides including Thymosin Beta-4. 14. On 11 January 2012, Charter forwarded a text message to Dank stating: Which peptides do you need (compounded) next? 15. In his reply Dank requested “Thymosin Beta 4 and “CJC-1295” 16. Charter then queried: what sort of quantities? 17. Dank replied to Charter stating: Thymosin 20 of 5ml vials. 18. Charter then forwarded a text message to Alavi stating: Hi Mate. Thymosin – 20 x 5ml vials. Steve's request. 19. On 12 January 2012, Charter emailed a document to both Dank and Alavi which described “How to Use TB-500 (Thymosin Beta 4)”. The document described the optimum means by which to prepare, administer and store Thymosin Beta-4. Within the body of the accompanying email Charter asked Dank to check the document to ensure his concurrence with the protocols suggested “so we can make [the Thymosin Beta-4] up accordingly”. The document contained the statement that it was “For research purposes only”. 20. Within Charter’s document it is recommended that Thymosin Beta-4 be administered subcutaneously, at the optimum frequency of “one vial per [subcutaneous] injection per week for 6 consecutive weeks, then 1 vial per month”. The frequency rate of administration for ‘Thymosin’ on the players’ “Patient Information/Informed Consent’ form is ‘1 Thymosin injection once a week for six weeks and then 1 injection per month”.

30 21. On 15 January 2012, Charter contacted Alavi via SMS stating: Hi Mate. Thymosin – 20 x 5 ml vial Steve request. Do you know when it will be ready. 22. In reply Mr Alavi stated: Should be ready today sometime. 23. On 16 January 2012, Alavi advised Charter via SMS that he had: a few problems with the Thymosin formulation. Not dissolving very well, also I am sending you a trial which may be of interest. 24. Mr Charter then replied to Alavi that he had: contacted the manufacturer to get some ideas. Try the CJC that is the next one [Dank] needs. 25. The Club was originally billed by Alavi for 7 vials of Hexarelin (in addition to those supplied on 10 January 2012) and 26 vials of “peptide Thymosin” (at a combined cost of $9860) which are listed on the invoice as having been delivered on 18 January 2012. 26. On 29 February 2012, Como issued an amended invoice to the Club which re-credited the Club for the costs of the Hexarelin and “peptide Thymosin”. 27. In late May 2012 Dank discovered that the Thymosin he had been providing the players (Thymosin Beta-4) was in fact prohibited

http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/EssendonFC-notice-of-charges.pdf

how times change eh mate

I'm persuaded based on what I have seen, but I have maintained that circumstantial cases need to be proved to a high standard. One break in the chain of causation will make the whole thing come down like a deck of cards.

I still think they're guilty, but I also thought they would go for AOD-9604 so its a dart at a board at this stage.

All the rumours suggest not guilty although there were similar thoughts surrounding the Federal Court verdict.
Heh. Watson, Hird, Little et. al. were confident, then the federal court laid a smack down, then the high court gave an even harder smack down.

Should guilty verdicts be delivered, I find it unfathomable that Little would remain the chairman of the board, after the drawn out fiasco that he's overseen. The whole affair could have been settled by now and any suspensions already served.

Heh. Watson, Hird, Little et. al. were confident, then the federal court laid a smack down, then the high court gave an even harder smack down.

Should guilty verdicts be delivered, I find it unfathomable that Little would remain the chairman of the board, after the drawn out fiasco that he's overseen. The whole affair could have been settled by now and any suspensions already served.

You underestimate how rich Little is.

The good old sms/email chain. Should have used morsecode and dixie cups, or at least made up some sort of code. I always found it somewhat amusing that AOD was denied, and then when its banned status was contested, it was sue was admitted. Then Dank said that he had used Thymosin Alpha and Thymomodulin, and then recently said that Thymosin beta isn't even banned.

If he'd just shut his mouth to begin with...

I love how we are all trying to predict the outcome...

If the last three years is anything to go by, this could go in any which way...

The messiest result is Dank found guilty and the players not-guilty due to not knowing which players received the banned substance. That would mean some guilty players getting off scott free.

If that was the case can ASADA/WADA ask for a team penalty (assuming the dosages meant more than one person injected) ?

You underestimate how rich Little is.
If money is everything to Essendon, then they can keep him on board and let him run the club in the yahoo style, ever faster into the ground.

Resigning Hird before legally contesting the investigation or knowing the fate of the players; one of the most baffling administrative decisions I've seen from an AFL club. They can't even get rid of him without paying him millions.

The messiest result is Dank found guilty and the players not-guilty due to not knowing which players received the banned substance. That would mean some guilty players getting off scott free.

If that was the case can ASADA/WADA ask for a team penalty (assuming the dosages meant more than one person injected) ?

how many games of football will dank be banned for?

poor guy :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a joke

What was the point of all this crap?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back