****** Umpires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is there is no consistency with the play on rule. No one knows what's goin on. Either let the ump decide 100% of the time or the players 100%. None of this grey area crasap that frustrates everyone.

Very Well Said. These New Rules the Idiot's who run the AFL put in are just Stupid.

JUST LEAVE THE GAME F**king Alone:mad:

The problem is there is no consistency with the play on rule. No one knows what's goin on. Either let the ump decide 100% of the time or the players 100%. None of this grey area crasap that frustrates everyone.

Very Well Said. These New Rules the Idiot's who run the AFL put in are just Stupid.

JUST LEAVE THE GAME F**king Alone:mad:

Amen to the above.
It confuses the heck out of everyone - players, umpires and supporters alike.

Not even the bloody umpires know! One umpire allowed Pendlebury's goal to stand, but one umpire didn't. In a situation like that, then it should always stand than to reverse the decision of another umpire.
apart from the treatment of dawes, the only issue i have overall was the horrendous advantage call back when he said play had stopped but the ball fell straight into pendles hands and he kicked the goal to put us in front the play hadn't stopped, only geelong did at that point
I agree. The basic treatment of Dawes, and Pendlebury's goal should have stood. I'm sure that Jeff Geischen will confirm that if he is asked about it this week.
I don't blame the umpires, however the Geelong players are disgusting, never seen more ducking, diving and knee buckling.
It was as if they were made out of plasticine.
We missed a heap of easy shots tonight, we kept you in the game. Don't count on that happening next time.
The amount of ignorant posters from other clubs is astounding to me. :rolleyes:

I think Geelong would have lost had they kicked straighter. Geelong often decided to play a five man forward line so they could have an extra midfielder because Collingwood leads the league in contested possessions and clearances. That midfielder also pushed into defence when needed, but because they had one less forward, then kicking goals was always going to be more difficult.

To kick straighter, then they could have played a sixth forward which would have increased their chances of finding a player in better goal kicking position, but the pay off would have been that Collingwood would win the contested possessions by even more and Geelong wouldn't have been able to flood the backline as easily. Collingwood would have also done much better with clearances, but Malthouse was definitely outcoached. Do you know much about footy? :confused:
Right on cue. You should check out the number of scoring shots for each team.
You're ignorant too. Geelong kicked a number of behinds in a row as well which kept the footy in their forward line.

Guys, you've only lost 1 game. You can't blame the umpires. There were shockers for both sides.

You were NEVER going to win every game this year, and losing to Geelong is no disgrace, they are still a bloody good side.

The way most of you guys are acting up, it's like you've just dropped the world cup.

Relax.

Guys, you've only lost 1 game. You can't blame the umpires. There were shockers for both sides.

You were NEVER going to win every game this year, and losing to Geelong is no disgrace, they are still a bloody good side.

The way most of you guys are acting up, it's like you've just dropped the world cup.

Relax.

Be kind to us Toad.

We haven't lost a game since last August.

It hurts! :)

Be kind to us Toad.

We haven't lost a game since last August.

It hurts! :)

Yes I can imagine it would Swoop, but a lot of your posters are blaming 1 bad decision for losing the game. Sorry, but that is just ridiculous.

But I must say it was a great game for a non supporting fan. Really hard, tough but fair contest.

One thing I will say is that Thomas (I have never been a fan) is really becoming a bloody good footballer. His skills and composure are really starting to s**t me. He will be a future multiple Copeland (hope I got the spelling right) winner.

Seriously I thought Geelong were just a better team tonight.

I don't think you'll get much argument from us about that.

They definitely wanted it more.

Jolly's out hurt us and also we've been in cruise mode mostly this season and couldn't click out of it when we had to.

This is the best thing for us, we needed to snap out of our lethargy..hopefully this will do it.

Thanks for your thoughts in a sensible non inflammatory way. :thumbsu:

Yes I can imagine it would Swoop, but a lot of your posters are blaming 1 bad decision for losing the game. Sorry, but that is just ridiculous.

But I must say it was a great game for a non supporting fan. Really hard, tough but fair contest.

One thing I will say is that Thomas (I have never been a fan) is really becoming a bloody good footballer. His skills and composure are really starting to s**t me. He will be a future multiple Copeland (hope I got the spelling right) winner.

Yep, he's transformed himself from the initial shaglair that he was, to a 100% hard working, hard at the ball footballer.

He tries his guts out every minute of every week..hard to fault him at all really.

The OP trolling selwood for his free kicks us f***ing poor. Thought a premiership team was better than that. The kid is as hard as nails

That said, I didn't expect to get up tonight but gee whiz what a result. Collingwood still the team to beat definitely. Will take this but it's a long season

Where was this thread when you were #winning?

EDIT; They were around, not as strong though.
I have actually ventured ionto your board several times and seen pretty much identical threads as this.

I could ask where were you on this board when we were winning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was 2nd level MCC, directly over the 50 metre line. Scarlett takes on 2 players, gets spun 360, drops the ball, prior opportunity. No decision. Dawes, tries to take a mark, has direct pressure & little opportunity to get rid of the ball, given he was also sliding, holding the ball.

I hate complaining about umpiring. Not going to discuss the Pendlebury non decision. Let Geelong have the win, it's the closest they are going to get to us, let them carry on with their head ducking & faking, i.e. Steve Johnson. They are a lesser version of St. Kilda last year & with a just as bad gameplan.

I think Geelong would have lost had they kicked straighter. Geelong often decided to play a five man forward line so they could have an extra midfielder because Collingwood leads the league in contested possessions and clearances. That midfielder also pushed into defence when needed, but because they had one less forward, then kicking goals was always going to be more difficult.

To kick straighter, then they could have played a sixth forward which would have increased their chances of finding a player in better goal kicking position, but the pay off would have been that Collingwood would win the contested possessions by even more and Geelong wouldn't have been able to flood the backline as easily. Collingwood would have also done much better with clearances, but Malthouse was definitely outcoached. Do you know much about footy?

I'll have what she's having. :cool:

I'll have what she's having. :cool:
I'm not having anything at the moment, so what exactly are you on about? I completely stand-by that post, but if you disagree with me, then please just state what it is instead of attempting to patronise me. Thanks.
Oh I saw it first hand on ANZAC Day. They were definitely watching the footy when you were winning. Not a whisper about the umpires. But when the game got close, the umpires were the protagonist.
If you're going to make accusations of such behaviour on the Collingwood board, then you should be able to show proof instead of making it up. Where is your video of this behaviour? I believe that umpires are criticised for bad decisions regardless of the result if it is warranted.
What's funny? Please don't selective quote me because it alters the context. Did you read the entire post? Is there anything that you disagree with? I think that Geelong would have lost had they not used an extra midfielder and played him as a sixth forward instead to increase their chances of kicking straight.

They would not have laid as many tackles. They would not have won as many contested possessions. They would not have had as many inside-50's. They would not have been able to flood the defence as easily. They would not have won as many clearances. What do you think?

I'm not having anything at the moment, so what exactly are you on about? I completely stand-by that post, but if you disagree with me, then please just state what it is instead of attempting to patronise me. Thanks.
If you're going to make accusations of such behaviour on the Collingwood board, then you should be able to show proof instead of making it up. Where is your video of this behaviour? I believe that umpires are criticised for bad decisions regardless of the result if it is warranted.What's funny? Please don't selective quote me because it alters the context. Did you read the entire post? Is there anything that you disagree with? I think that Geelong would have lost had they not used an extra midfielder and played him as a sixth forward instead to increase their chances of kicking straight.

They would not have laid as many tackles. They would not have won as many contested possessions. They would not have had as many inside-50's. They would not have been able to flood the defence as easily. They would not have won as many clearances. What do you think?

I think if my Auntie had balls she'd be my Uncle. :rolleyes:

If you're going to make accusations of such behaviour on the Collingwood board, then you should be able to show proof instead of making it up. Where is your video of this behaviour? I believe that umpires are criticised for bad decisions regardless of the result if it is warranted.What's funny? Please don't selective quote me because it alters the context. Did you read the entire post? Is there anything that you disagree with? I think that Geelong would have lost had they not used an extra midfielder and played him as a sixth forward instead to increase their chances of kicking straight.

Please tell me how old our list is again

I think if my Auntie had balls she'd be my Uncle.
I don't care if your auntie and uncle are hermaphrodite's. Uncle Pat? Auntie Chris? That said, what on earth are you talking about and what does your family have to do with anything I have posted? It seems the trolls with nothing to say are out.
Please tell me how old our list is again
The team selected for this match was 27 years and 4 months, but once Darren Milburn was replaced by Allen Christensen, it dropped to 26 years and 8 months. So? :confused:

Feeling like you've been robbed of a game because of a singular umpiring decision is really shitty. I remember all too well the game against the Saints in the finals last year. When Lingy's goal was disallowed and we lost the game by less than a kick.
But I had to ask myself after that game: If we had to rely on a single play going our way seconds before the final siren to win the game, did we really deserve to win it?
As soon as I saw the quarter-time score tonight with all the shots we had missed, I thought there was no way we would win. No way you kick that many behinds against the reigning premiers and then still win the game. They just won't let that happen. Kicking points, after all, is bad footy, just like flooding, like not putting in second and third efforts, like not putting on any defensive pressure. You don't usually get away with it in the modern game.
But for some reason, we did. Collingwood got ahead. They had their chances. They missed a few critical shots as well, which gave us a chance to nudge ahead once more.
I haven't been able to watch the replay yet so I can't say much about the disallowed goal. But what I can say, is that if you rely on a single play like that to win the game, then either way, the game is pretty much a lottery, and either side probably deserves to be the victor.
It hurts when you get so close but still lose. But it doesn't really change anything. You're still one of the best (if not the best) team in the league. You're still going to be top 4, if not finish first. You're probably going to get into the GF this year and you're probably going to win it.
All we learned tonight is that last year's final between our two sides might not have been as clear an indication of the relative difference between the two teams as people thought. After all, a blockbuster in front of a sell-out crowd is better than an 80-point drubbing, I'm sure you will all agree.
Good luck for the rest of the season.

-a Geelong fan who realises that not all Collingwood supporters are tarred with the same brush as the moron who started this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back