Pascoe Vale
Essendon Doutta Stars
Airport West
Maribyrnong Park
West Coburg
Strathmore
Keilor
Avondale Heights

Half way through the season but better late than never.

Clubs

Aberfeldie
Greenvale
Pascoe Vale
Essendon Doutta Stars
Airport West
Maribyrnong Park
West Coburg
Strathmore
Keilor
Avondale Heights

Half way through the season but better late than never.

Good forum. What's the picks for
Top 4
Grand final
GF winner
Best in comp

Mine..
TOP 4
Kelior
Abers
Marby
Douttas

Grand Final
Kelior v Abers

Winner
Abers (even though kelior beat them comfortably last week Abers will get the pegs boys back)

Best in Comp
Rasinac

Top 4
Grand final
GF winner
Best in comp

Mine..
TOP 4
Kelior
Abers
Marby
Douttas

Grand Final
Kelior v Abers

Winner
Abers (even though kelior beat them comfortably last week Abers will get the pegs boys back)

Best in Comp
Rasinac

Yeah I agree with you all except the order of Top 4 for me its Keilor, Abers, Douttas then Marby.

With pegs boys back Abers will be too strong again and Rasinac a gun!

How many Pegs boys do they have to bring back in?

Top 4
Grand final
GF winner
Best in comp

Mine..
TOP 4
Kelior
Abers
Marby
Douttas

Grand Final
Kelior v Abers

Winner

Best in Comp
Rasinac
You have got to be kidding me if you think marby will finish above Douttas? They lost by 3 goals to a Douttas side on the week end with about 10-11 players out not including campisi and Rayner.

Marby will be lucky to make the 4. If West coburg get there players back from injury they are ahead of marby.

Top 4
Keilor
Abers
EDS
West coburg

Yeah I agree with you all except the order of Top 4 for me its Keilor, Abers, Douttas then Marby.

With pegs boys back Abers will be too strong again and Rasinac a gun!

How many Pegs boys do they have to bring back in?

Zinger. They have heaps. Couldn't put a number on it. But heaps. The only thing is with abers most of those players are TAC cup listed too and cannons are 7th at the moment so maybe they go to the cannons when schools done! Who knows.

You have got to be kidding me if you think marby will finish above Douttas? They lost by 3 goals to a Douttas side on the week end with about 10-11 players out not including campisi and Rayner.

Marby will be lucky to make the 4. If West coburg get there players back from injury they are ahead of marby.

Top 4
Keilor
Abers
EDS
West coburg

EDS wont get Campisi back and very unlikely to get Rayner as well. But they will get Caluzzi, Roumeliotis and possibly Hobbs(he is listed this week after knee injury earlier in the year)

With 5 Games left, what are your tips? Who will finish on top? Who will finish top 4 and who will win the comp bnf?

With 5 Games left, what are your tips? Who will finish on top? Who will finish top 4 and who will win the comp bnf?
keilor will finish top but who knows who will win it maybe Abers... douttas west Coburg fairly confident for top four.

Rasinac best in comp but has missed a few it looks like. Curmi at keilor right up there too.. Thoughts??

Antovski injured his leg playing seniors against Avondale Heights.
Abers will become stronger once pegs players back and Douttas will be hoping to add Noah Balta to their side come finals.

Which players will attract attention from other clubs and which will play senior footy next year ?

Abers will become stronger once pegs players back and Douttas will be hoping to add Noah Balta to their side come finals.

Which players will attract attention from other clubs and which will play senior footy next year ?

How long will antovski be out for ?? Is that a season ending thing?? Think they still have a couple of others to come back too keilor.. Surely Balta will just be at cannons all year now.. And if the age is going to under 19s next year like lots are suggesting there won't be anywhere near as many grads to seniors..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long will antovski be out for ?? Is that a season ending thing?? Think they still have a couple of others to come back too keilor.. Surely Balta will just be at cannons all year now.. And if the age is going to under 19s next year like lots are suggesting there won't be anywhere near as many grads to seniors..

Yeah good point, only the 3rd year boys will go up!
Balta only needs to play one more game and there no TAC cup in round 16 so he will qualify, will depend how deep cannons go in finals.

Yeah good point, only the 3rd year boys will go up!
Balta only needs to play one more game and there no TAC cup in round 16 so he will qualify, will depend how deep cannons go in finals.

Interesting result this week with west Coburg beating douttas.. Very tough for Marby to make it now surely with games against keilor and douttas to come.. The question is can douttas or west Coburg knock off a powerhouse like Abers or keilor in a final??

Interesting result this week with west Coburg beating douttas.. Very tough for Marby to make it now surely with games against keilor and douttas to come.. The question is can douttas or west Coburg knock off a powerhouse like Abers or keilor in a final??

Douttas have been the disappointing team this season, they have the potential to push Keilor and Abers but have not yet this year.
Will be interesting to see how they go this week with a full side against a full strength Keilor (no TAC Cup-only u17 futures game on Sunday)
West Coburg almost knocked off Keilor so anything can happen come finals.

Top 4 for mine is Keilor, Abers, Douttas, and West Coburg. West Coburg will jump to fourth on the back of winning their next 3, whereas Marby will lose 2 of their final 3, against Keilor and Douttas. Best case scenario for Marby is that they find a way to win over Douttas, but then West Coburg will still get them on percentage, after 3 soft games.

Top 4 for mine is Keilor, Abers, Douttas, and West Coburg. West Coburg will jump to fourth on the back of winning their next 3, whereas Marby will lose 2 of their final 3, against Keilor and Douttas. Best case scenario for Marby is that they find a way to win over Douttas, but then West Coburg will still get them on percentage, after 3 soft games.

Yeah for me top 4 is all but set in stone with Keilor, Abers definitely top 2 and Douttas and West Coburg 3&4! Can't see Marby beating either Keilor or Douttas.

Unless of course a loss would mean Douttas play Marby the following week instead of West Coburg.....

Last edited:
Yeah for me top 4 is all but set in stone with Keilor, Abers definitely top 2 and Douttas and West Coburg 3&4! Can't see Marby beating either Keilor or Douttas.

Unless of course a loss would mean Douttas play Marby the following week instead of West Coburg.....
Hahaha, tanking?????? Will still get them on percentage.

Completely unrelated topic.

Thoughts on player payments in the Under 18 competition?

It is already happening in WRFL in the Under 19 competition allegedly.
I don't mind a bonus for being best on ground or what not but don't like the idea of general payment of under age players, they are kids don't let them leave their own clubs for $$ at such a young age.

It is already happening in WRFL in the Under 19 competition allegedly.
I don't mind a bonus for being best on ground or what not but don't like the idea of general payment of under age players, they are kids don't let them leave their own clubs for $$ at such a young age.

Wasn't it Deer Park who came out in the Leader and said they were paying every player to play this season?

Yes that is the Club I was referring to ! Here is a link about paying Juniors .....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...l/news-story/3609138bc72cc893f5cee5de0b3a0757

And I have been told by other kids about their match payments, which are even greater, one up to $150 a game, at another Club in the WRFL. The new salary cap if confirmed, has a clause that specifically targets underage player payments, however, it still isn't that hard to get around. Free footy boots, free subs, etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back