Unofficial Preview Unofficial Preview - Round 1 v West Coast - Banter Thread (Opposition Supporters Welcome)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
He awakes with a start.

Sitting bolt upright in front of the number 22 locker, a disorientated Aaron vandenBerg takes in his surroundings. The last thing he can remember is preparing to face the Eagles in the 2018 Preliminary Final, and while it looks as if he's still in the change room underneath the Perth's Optus Stadium, it's ... different. The aged, dust covered red and blue decor has been ravaged, while the floor bears the marks of what almost looks like tears. He hasn't left, but it definitely isn't Prelim Final day.

He gets up, keen to investigate what he has missed. He ignores the pain in his foot, as he sets off through the corridors of Optus Stadium in search of any clue he can find. He walks past a trophy cabinet, and sees sitting pride of place, 2018 Premiership Cup, awarded to the West Coast Eagles.

"It obviously wasn't our day" He says to himself, of the Prelim Final where it obviously all went wrong.

He takes a right down another corridor and hears noises coming from the double doors at the end of the corridor. As he approaches, he spots the chain and padlock, and also a message written on it ... "DON'T 2019, OPEN INSIDE" ... as he stares confused, the doors try to open against the chains, while hears a voice that sounds remarkably like his team mate, Jay Kennedy-Harris. He looks around trying to figure out what to do next, and then he sees it.

Down the players race, and out onto the playing surface, there it sits. He dashes out on the ground, his foot no longer bothering him, and investigates. It's beaten up and mangled, but it's still here ... the Bandwagon.

Dees in an upset by 3 points.

Is Margetts and his mate still “unofficially” banned from umpiring a Eagles games? If so, Melbourne by 15 points, if not, Eagles by 68 points.

If you say so.

main thing I take from that article...Gee McGovern has a sloppy rig. I mean does that bloke even do pre seasons? Has he ever done one?

Were we wrong to demand may get fit? Should we send him back to the pub with donuts?

more power to him though

main thing I take from that article...Gee McGovern has a sloppy rig. I mean does that bloke even do pre seasons? Has he ever done one?

Were we wrong to demand may get fit? Should we send him back to the pub with donuts?

more power to him though
It's mad as that McGovern can look like a country footballer but play like a city one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you say so.

Well if Perth Now said its a thing.

Big difference between a ban of WA umpires for West Coast games, and sending them elsewhere for a few weeks to kill the conspiracy theories.

Well if Perth Now said its a thing.

Big difference between a ban of WA umpires for West Coast games, and sending them elsewhere for a few weeks to kill the conspiracy theories.
The intention was to wind up West Coast supporters, not our own. But that’s cool..

The intention was to wind up West Coast supporters, not our own. But that’s cool..
Fair point ... carry on.

Tho I think they're probably all a bit busy trying to justify how horrible their disposal looked last night as "just a preseason game" to concentrate on this game yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back