Unpopular Freo Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

This will go over like a lead balloon...
Until he nailed his long-range tight angle set shot I had a new nickname for Nev Amiss ready to go:

Short.

Say it aloud.

Our fixture is not as hard as we piss and moan about
I recon the devil is in the detail. We are -9 I think for break differential. So the majority of games we have had less rest or at best even rest then our opposition. Add the travel load and the trips to tassie and NT, gather round did us no favours.... the fixture is not easy

The umpires don't have an agenda against us like so many in the game threads like to moan about, we arguably get one of the better runs from the umpires compared to others based off of our free kick differential, a few bad calls here and there doesn't mean that there's a conspiracy within the AFL to keep Fremantle from winning a premiership.

Willie Rioli and Jake Waterman would be the two best forwards on the Fremantle list, if they were dockers right now.

Based off our game day threads you'd think there was a conspiracy against us because the umpires "hate us" (I know gameday threads are much more high emotion but still)

Amaingly, the umpires "hate" all teams if you look around the boards. The sooner we can be good enough to take them out of the equation, the better.

This will go over like a lead balloon...
Until he nailed his long-range tight angle set shot I had a new nickname for Nev Amiss ready to go:

Short.

Say it aloud.
"Anoth"

Got a run on the commentary facepalm

I clearly see the strengths O'Meara brings, but so does JLo...
You are obsessed with him haha.

If you were legitimately stranded somewhere on an island, mountains, desert etc with no supplies, a chance to get home if savvy enough and you had to pick Bear Grylls or JOM..you’re picking JOM aren’t you haha.

Amaingly, the umpires "hate" all teams if you look around the boards. The sooner we can be good enough to take them out of the equation, the better.

"Anoth"

It doesn't have to be they hate us or there's a conspiracy. It can be a more generic systematic bias against teams who sit outside the glazing zone of Vic Central Media ("smaller" interstate clubs typically spend the longest time outside this zone). Winning does alleviate it somewhat, but is harder to do because of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can only hope.
It doesn’t make sense.

Not overly tall, not overly strong and lacked footy IQ.

Was always a solid kick for goal, but his leading patterns have never been this good/ditto his marking.

He will be found out soon I reckon.

It doesn't have to be they hate us or there's a conspiracy. It can be a more generic systematic bias against teams who sit outside the glazing zone of Vic Central Media ("smaller" interstate clubs typically spend the longest time outside this zone). Winning does alleviate it somewhat, but is harder to do because of it.
Eh, if everyone feels this way about their team and the umps, then the playing field is even. It can affect in big moments or close games, which is where we just need to improve and not put ourselves in a position where it matters.

I see plenty missed against us, or decisions for us that are borderline. It all winds up about the same.

(Except for the blues. There is definitely something wrong there).

Eh, if everyone feels this way about their team and the umps, then the playing field is even. It can affect in big moments or close games, which is where we just need to improve and not put ourselves in a position where it matters.

I see plenty missed against us, or decisions for us that are borderline. It all winds up about the same.

(Except for the blues. There is definitely something wrong there).
Anyone can feel anything about it and more or less of how many, it makes no difference to reality.

It's more about the runs of 50/50 calls that go in one direction (that can either be frees paid or unpaid). And to a degree when they happen. For example yesterday's game Port had a run of those 50/50's (generous) go their way in that last quarter and it's like having an extra player on your side consistently and decisively win the contested ball time after time. It makes a significant difference.

It doesn’t make sense.

Not overly tall, not overly strong and lacked footy IQ.

Was always a solid kick for goal, but his leading patterns have never been this good/ditto his marking.

He will be found out soon I reckon.
He has insane gorilla grip atm. He holds his marks and kicks goals when he gets the opportunity. He's made being a key tall look easy.

See's high ball coming in
Holds his ground
Marks ball
Kicks goal

Simple as that.

"Anoth"

At the end of the day every team's supporters are going to complain about the umpires, which is why I usually try to go out of my way to not complain about them, some calls will go our way, some won't, even blatantly obvious ones, I'm more focused on us being a good team that can overcome any poor umpiring decision and being able to hold players accountable when they stuff up.

The thing with umpiring is it's often not just free kicks. It's the non-decisions; the quick call to play-on vs giving someone an eternity; paying or not paying a mark that has/hasn't gone 15; loose vs stringent calling of the 'stand' rule. More umpires = more interpretations = more confusion.

Waterman would be every team's best forward. Unreal stretch of form.
Funny that. Junior would not have got a game in South Fremantles great era of Michael, Maurice, Basil, Benny and co.
He is a mere shadow of thsoe that went before him.
Benny woul dhave tied him up in knots with one hand then spun himout like a whirlpool.
Waterman is such a much improved player since his illness last seaon or whenever it was.
Great hands and reads the ball so well.

The thing with umpiring is it's often not just free kicks. It's the non-decisions; the quick call to play-on vs giving someone an eternity; paying or not paying a mark that has/hasn't gone 15; loose vs stringent calling of the 'stand' rule. More umpires = more interpretations = more confusion.
=s depending on what team they are.

Based on this weekend I think West Coast win another flag before we do
The same west coast who just got pumped by the woods?

They have some class, but will be wildly inconsistent for a few years yet.

Were never going to be as bad last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back