Analysis Up To The Bye

Remove this Banner Ad

If by this you mean predictions, I don't even go this far. Like the changes thread, I don't see the point. It'll be what it'll be.

So, I'm a 'game as it is occuring' exponent and a 'changes when they're announced' exponent.

Day after day, alone on the hill
The man with the foolish grin is keeping perfectly still
But nobody wants to know him
They can see that he's just a fool
And he never gives an answer

But the fool on the hill
Sees the sun going down
And the eyes in his head
See the world spinning around

Blues at Etihad - WIN - To many outs for the Blues, think we might actually win comfortably.
Sydney at the SCG - LOSS - I hate their POS stadium and i think they will win in a low scoring affair
Tiges in Hobart - WIN - Bounce back strongly against the Tiges, 6 goal win
Cats at Etihad - WIN - Upset win over the Cats, our mids go H2H with Selwood and Danger and come out on top.
Hawks at Etihad - LOSS - A brave loss against the Reigning premiers
Crows in Adelaide - LOSS - We have never won at Adelaide Oval and sadly i don't think it will change here.

11-3 at the BYE

Hopefully our talls are given a fair go at it after what I saw the Swans defenders employ tonight, grabbing arms etc with impunity.

You know as well as I do that they won't be.

We'll just have to better them regardless.

Personally, I'm a one week at a time exponent. Works for me.
You'd think after 2013,14 and some games in 15 and our last few fade outs the previous 3 weeks most north fans would be overtly cautious about calculating where we will sit in 3 weeks time. We could just as easily slip out of the top four.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

The problem with sydney is that they have so many out and out stars. All good and well shutting down the likes of parker and jack but they still have heeney, hanners, kennedy, mcveigh and then tippett and buddy. It just isn't fair. Not to mention tom mitchell who is turning into a gun and their defense is normally superb. Bloody swans

Before our spate of injuries, I'd have argued that the bottom players in our best 22 are amongst the best of any team in the league, so that when the whole team is 'on', we're competitive against any team. The injuries now are testing our depth.

We do have tremendous upside, and the improved form of Scooter, LMAC and maybe BMAC (if he holds his place) gives us a chance to remain competitive. We do need Cunners and LT to play to their potential, and Nahas and Ray to make significant contributions. If we have no more significant injuries, those who are injured recover and recover form, and are inconsistent players can find consistency, then I believe that every team will fear us.

All of the first half of Leicester's season, Claudio Ranieri constantly spoke about "40 points, let's get to 40 points"; that's traditionally how many you need to guarantee not getting relegated. Brad has taken a leaf out of his book and Goldy and Boomer have followed his lead. In recent weeks every press conference Brad says we're looking to get to 12 wins and then we'll re-access once we get them. 12 wins generally guarantees you finals football. It's also a stimulation and 'goal based' strategy that Leigh Matthews would use at Brisbane - home and away season is merely a qualification period.

The rest season is broken down into mini victories that keeps the whole organisation focussed:

12 wins - qualify for finals (3 to go)
14 wins - qualify for a home final
16 wins - qualify for the double chance/quick road to prelim
18 wins - top 2 home final

So many psychological benefits of treating the season like this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back