Analysis Up To The Bye

Remove this Banner Ad

We do match up well on Geelong. Put BJ on Danger, Cunners & JZ head to head with Captain Ducker, Ats on Motlop, Taz on Hawkins, and them squeeze them with our pressure. Would be a huge 8-point game to win.

Fear no one.....thats my analysis. Great teams over come injuries, players are fighting for spots and they should play accordingly. Wells , Firrito and maybe Goldstein later on ( month b4 the finals ) will be rested. We have an abundance of players wanting / itching to have a crack.
Hold the faith folks !!

Moreso now than ever this is true I think. It's one thing as a 22 year old trying to get your foot in the door so you can get your career kickstarted... it's a whole other thing to be potentially getting your foot in the door and forcing a spot in a potential top 4 team. As with Boomer 17 years ago... chances don't necessarily come around that often.

We can be 14 0 at the bye. Its not unrealistic.

I'd say probably 12 2 maybe 11 3 or 14 0.

This side seems to be setting specific goals and achieving them.

I think 2 of those specific goals for the future will be big performances in Adelaide and Sydney. Winning both of those would be a big confidence booster for the side. I'm quietly confident against both of them. And the Cats. Really not sure about the Hawks, ninths or Blues. We'll probably beat the blues, the other 2 - I dunno. Hawks could lift "for Roughy", Ninths - well its the sort of game they could jag.

The bye... This is where we usually go through a puddle of half-arsed performances (i.e 2012, 2015) and suddenly decide to put the foot down ending up just scraping into the 8. Now that we are on top, we have an opportunity that RARELY occurs in modern day football, to continue our unbeaten run. If we can (somehow) stop playing like idiots and play at least 3 1/2 qtrs of good footy, no doubt we will be on top and 14-0. But, if Sydney lose to the Hawks and our injury toll increases on Sat night, we will be in big trouble. Worried but at the same time feel unusually confident.

Tell u what after the last two weeks and injuries i'm not looking that far ahead but we could be 10-1 and coming up against the Cats for 1st vs 2nd Blockbuster and that is a game i'm looking forward to!

But first lets get over Carlton..

I would guess, with no stats at hand, that we have played disgracefully in the game immediately before and/or immediately after the bye in at least 12 of the last 15 years.

That explains the Rd 1 curse... for our guys it's just a big long bye. Bodes well for this year's break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally, I'm a one week at a time exponent. Works for me.
If by this you mean predictions, I don't even go this far. Like the changes thread, I don't see the point. It'll be what it'll be.

So, I'm a 'game as it is occuring' exponent and a 'changes when they're announced' exponent.

If by this you mean predictions, I don't even go this far. Like the changes thread, I don't see the point. It'll be what it'll be.

So, I'm a 'game as it is occuring' exponent and a 'changes when they're announced' exponent.

Sounds even better. :thumbsu:

Think we will be 11-3
Win against Carlton, Tigers and one of Hawks/cats

Swans and crows away very tough road trips

Swans may struggle with our talls.
They best Hawthorn due to their intensity around the contest. Our midfield will need to be on and do it for four quarters for our talls to be a factor.

The bye... This is where we usually go through a puddle of half-arsed performances (i.e 2012, 2015) and suddenly decide to put the foot down ending up just scraping into the 8. Now that we are on top, we have an opportunity that RARELY occurs in modern day football, to continue our unbeaten run. If we can (somehow) stop playing like idiots and play at least 3 1/2 qtrs of good footy, no doubt we will be on top and 14-0. But, if Sydney lose to the Hawks and our injury toll increases on Sat night, we will be in big trouble. Worried but at the same time feel unusually confident.

Playing like idiots.

LOLD

They best Hawthorn due to their intensity around the contest. Our midfield will need to be on and do it for four quarters for our talls to be a factor.

Our mids are 10/10 for get ball.

Our mids are 6/10 for disposal to next target.

That's our big issue.

Our pressure will need to be off the charts.

I am pretty confident that we have some good footy in front of us.

Underwhelmed by the Swans tonight. There wasn't much intensity in the game and they didn't look that dangerous going forward.

Their defence look good but that was more a function of Hawthorn's forward line being awful.

I'm more confident of winning the game next week than I was going into tonight.

Underwhelmed by the Swans tonight. There wasn't much intensity in the game and they didn't look that dangerous going forward.

Their defence look good but that was more a function of Hawthorn's forward line being awful.

I'm more confident of winning the game next week than I was going into tonight.
They are a different beast at the SCG. Admittedly, I didn't see tonights game.

They are a different beast at the SCG. Admittedly, I didn't see tonights game.
Haha always a good starting point.

I was thinking about that actually, three of their last 4 have been away and they were close wins over Brisbane and the hawks where they didn't play well with a loss to Richmond. Their home game they flogged Essendon.

Not a great form line for them away but it'll be interesting to see if that carries over to the SCG.

I think the SCG should suit our playing style though. The small ground should advantage the big boys, and we have the biggest boys going around.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back