Travel USA travel tips and tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

There is something about the blue sky in LA that is different from anywhere else in the world.

It looks like heaven and it has the same feel good effect on me as well.

Wow that's funny. I wasn't sure if it was just a strange bias observation of mine or not.

How long does it take to get a tourist visa these days?

And is it just the standard 6 months+ left on my passport?

What's spring break next year?

I've wanted to do Panama Canal for years, found a cruise which I loved (LAX-->FLL) and jumped at it.

I want to knock off all disney parks. And Getting to California Adventure is top of that list atm. Just wondering whether I can rush it all in 1 day, or have to get a 2 day pass.

I was just sad I could not see more of LA. When I arrived in 2012 after not sleeping at all on the plane I was completely wiped- could barely leave the hotel. Then proceeded to not sleep the next few nights. I finally slept once we hit San Francisco
You were right, i took a day trip from Detroit to Ann Arbor and it was beautiful. Was lucky enough for it to be snowing that day too

You were right, i took a day trip from Detroit to Ann Arbor and it was beautiful. Was lucky enough for it to be snowing that day too

Cool, when were you in Ann Arbor? I was there for the Ohio State game which was the best sporting event I've been to in my life I think.

Beautiful little place. In all honesty I didn't really like Detroit although there were a few cool bars and food places I visited.

How long does it take to get a tourist visa these days?

And is it just the standard 6 months+ left on my passport?

you just get an ESTA, apply online and costs about $20, will be instant. just make sure you go to the legit customs and homeland security site, there are lots of scam sites. if it costs more than $21US then its not a legit site. the ESTA lasts 2 years as many visits as you like for tourism.

Cool, when were you in Ann Arbor? I was there for the Ohio State game which was the best sporting event I've been to in my life I think.

Beautiful little place. In all honesty I didn't really like Detroit although there were a few cool bars and food places I visited.
I saw Stevie Wonder in Detroit, so I have only great memories of that city. :heart:

I love Michigan. :smilev1:

Do you have any pics you can post? I've only ever been to the States in the summer.
Yeah will collect a few a little later and post!

Just last week! Did a tour of the big house which was amazing, wish i could have been to a game. We sat in the boxes and watched the snow fall, then went out onto the field and threw the ball around

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Getting to California Adventure is top of that list atm. Just wondering whether I can rush it all in 1 day, or have to get a 2 day pass.
Back in 2012 we did California Adventure and had the park hopper ticket. It was on the Columbus Day holiday and was as packed as I'd experienced it at Disneyland. We were able to do what we wanted at California Adventure by 4 or 5pm including multiple rides on some things.

Went to Disneyland but only went on a couple of rides and left as it was more crowded than CA. Depending on how crowded it is and what you want to do you should do it easy in 1 day. At Disney World we finished most parks by 4pm and did both Epcot and Disney Park in one day. Although crowds were fairly low.

you just get an ESTA, apply online and costs about $20, will be instant. just make sure you go to the legit customs and homeland security site, there are lots of scam sites. if it costs more than $21US then its not a legit site. the ESTA lasts 2 years as many visits as you like for tourism.
Within in reason you can. Enter and exit too many times and you will raise a red flag. And also it is only for trips shorter than 3 months.

Also for return travelers they have the MPC app that can be used for quicker entry. ESTA users need to have entered once before they can use it. Will be trying it in a few weeks when I head to Hawaii.

We got the exact same sky in Melbourne today :)

Just no palm trees
The difference is LAX is stunning like that every day.
Melbourne is so far and in between it's thread worthy.

Back in 2012 we did California Adventure and had the park hopper ticket. It was on the Columbus Day holiday and was as packed as I'd experienced it at Disneyland. We were able to do what we wanted at California Adventure by 4 or 5pm including multiple rides on some things.

Went to Disneyland but only went on a couple of rides and left as it was more crowded than CA. Depending on how crowded it is and what you want to do you should do it easy in 1 day. At Disney World we finished most parks by 4pm and did both Epcot and Disney Park in one day. Although crowds were fairly low.
I want to do all disney parks

California Adventure, Epcot and Shanghai all that's left

Ill do California Adventure in April (Fly into LA on April 3, cruise out Apr 5, so Im in for the 4th)

Got the parkhopper and genie pass to attempt it

I want to do all disney parks

California Adventure, Epcot and Shanghai all that's left

Ill do California Adventure in April (Fly into LA on April 3, cruise out Apr 5, so Im in for the 4th)

Got the parkhopper and genie pass to attempt it
If it's a Monday-Thursday that will help. And when is Easter or Spring Break? They are busy times plus weekends.

When I went to Disney World in 2012 I was told to avoid days at parks when people staying at Disney Resorts had privileges. They only had them on certain days and each parks was different.

If it's a Monday-Thursday that will help. And when is Easter or Spring Break? They are busy times plus weekends.

When I went to Disney World in 2012 I was told to avoid days at parks when people staying at Disney Resorts had privileges. They only had them on certain days and each parks was different.
Spring break is early-mid march (except New York which is mid-late april..........Why?) and Easter is late March.

I'll be there on a Thursday just after the holidays.

I just went **** it and got the 1day park hopper with genie pass.

Ill start with California Adventure Park and then hop on over afterwards.

And if it's spring break. I can always stay to midnight (I was there for spring break 1997. Got quiet late)

Spring break is early-mid march (except New York which is mid-late april..........Why?) and Easter is late March.

I'll be there on a Thursday just after the holidays.
Well that is all a plus for more moderate crowds. My understanding Spring Break, Easter and Christmas through to New Year are the busiest times along with other major Holiday weekends.

About 25 years ago we went and pretty much walked on and off rides with no more than a 15 minute wait at worst on the busiest rides.

The only reason I went to Detroit was to see a game there. Speaking to people along our travels and when you mentioned you were going to Detroit we got a very surprised reaction.
Yeah i had the same thing, even locals were flabbergasted that an aussie was travelling to detroit.

I really liked it, it's on the way up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back