Vale: Philippoussis - career over

Remove this Banner Ad

So dissapointed with Reid's development. He looked promising after being the number 1 junour and making the 3rd round of the Australian Open. Oh well, I'll just focus in chicks tennis. That's where all the Australian talent seems to be at the momment.

It's Jelena Dokic. And Poo has rejected his wildcard to the French to prepare for Wimbledon, because he, like I, knows that if he stuffs up there, his ranking could plummet to #400.

Wimbledon is the only time of year where the scud works hard... so i agree with his decision to ditch the french and go after wimbledon... always produces his best on the wimbledon grass... if he sneaks past the 1st and 2nd rounds and the confidence gets up he could be a threat.... we should know by how he goes in the wimbledon lead up tournaments.

Poo is in Queens this week on a Wildcard. Amongst the 4 Aussies in the main draw...

Poo vs Raemon Sluiter, winner takes on Roddick
Hewitt has a bye as top seed
Arthurs vs 16th seed Karel Beck
Scott Draper plays Victor Hanescu
Guccione and Reid may join them if they win their final qualifying match

IN DOUBLE

Lleyton/Poo vs Leach/Parrott. If Poo quits this match then that will be that.

The poo is still a force on grass and also hardcourt but doesn't have the required application to win 7 consecutive best-of-five set matches against the best players in the world.
I sometimes wonder whether it's really what he wants to do anyway. Damir Dokic gets alot of bad press, and righly so, but believe me, Scud's old man is not far behind him. I played juniors with Mark for years and the stories I could tell about his Dad and the pressure he puts on Mark would make your hair stand on end. Makes me want to throw up when I read anything at all intimating his Dad has been a positive influence on his career.

OneEyedHawk said:
I sometimes wonder whether it's really what he wants to do anyway. Damir Dokic gets alot of bad press, and righly so, but believe me, Scud's old man is not far behind him. I played juniors with Mark for years and the stories I could tell about his Dad and the pressure he puts on Mark would make your hair stand on end. Makes me want to throw up when I read anything at all intimating his Dad has been a positive influence on his career.
You mean the poo's dad is still alive???

_39250240_dad_get300x300.jpg

I thought he was just being moved around, "Weekend At Bernie's" style.

JohnF said:
Won't be sorry to see him go.

If he can be bothered practicing once in a while instead of surfing and slamming chicks he could easily make it back to the top 50 and he'd still be within the 10 or so blokes that have a realistic shot at winning wimbledon.

If he doesn't make it back it will be solely due to him not having the desire to pull his finger out. In which case he won't recieve any sympathies from me.
Why would you be bothered putting in the hard work to resurrect a career that has been wasted when you can kick back and shag some of the best looking chicks going around and enjoy the good life

very good win. Sluiter is only #100 though and #113 for 2005. Roddick in the 2nd. wimbledon is all that matters for poo and his ranking.

shiva25 said:
Why would you be bothered putting in the hard work to resurrect a career that has been wasted when you can kick back and shag some of the best looking chicks going around and enjoy the good life

Yeah in the younger years maybe but most people actually grow up and have ambition. Hasn't struck him yet though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eastaugh36 said:
Yeah in the younger years maybe but most people actually grow up and have ambition. Hasn't struck him yet though.
The Poos has ambition and that is to shag as many good looking birds as he can before he is old and grey.Tennis is only something he does in his leisure

shiva25 said:
The Poos has ambition and that is to shag as many good looking birds as he can before he is old and grey.Tennis is only something he does in his leisure

Which explains his heartless, gutless displays on the tennis court.

eastaugh36 said:
Which explains his heartless, gutless displays on the tennis court.
In all fairness he has won us a Davis cup and he has made a few finals in some grand slam tournements in the past and i think he is quite happy with what he has achieved.

shiva25 said:
In all fairness he has won us a Davis cup and he has made a few finals in some grand slam tournements in the past and i think he is quite happy with what he has achieved.

He didn't win us a davis cup. He contributed by winning some matches, it's just that he was in the deciding match.

eastaugh36 said:
He didn't win us a davis cup. He contributed by winning some matches, it's just that he was in the deciding match.
Well if he didnt win the deciding tie we would not have won the davis cup so therfore he did win us the Davis cup by winning his last tie

shiva25 said:
Well if he didnt win the deciding tie we would not have won the davis cup so therfore he did win us the Davis cup by winning his last tie

If any of the others had of lost their matches then we wouldn't have won the davis cup either. Each match is worth the same thing, 1 rubber.

Late rankings update. As stmookeyj pointed out in another thread:

Hewitt #2
Arthurs #86
Luczak #151
Guccione #188
Poo #189

Currently the 5th best ranked Aussie. My prediction is he will be the 10th best after Wimbledon.

Latest rankings (20/6):
Code:
  2 (  2) Hewitt		
 85 ( 86) Arthurs	
[b]142 (188) Philippoussis  !!!!![/b]
150 (150) Luczak
174 (174) Guccione
222 (222) Reid
267 (268) Healey
274 (267) Kimmich
281 (281) Baccanello
295 (297) Smeets
404 (399) Nettle
Can the Poo avoid what I thought was an inevitable massive ranking slide? I'm guessing even a second round loss to Safin, combined with his good result last week, might be enough to save him from total embarassment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back