Venables Selection - Eagles V Demons Prelim

Who get's your nod for Prelim selection?

• Ah Chee

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Ainsworth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Venables

Votes: 37 94.9%
  • Allen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tackling pressure. 7 tackles against the Pies, the most by our forwards by a margin.
Agree...
Adds a lot of speed/pressure to oppo backline..one of the main reasons we won against Collingwood is that the ball was trapped in our forward half much longer in the last quarter.

The first handful of games Venables played I was very disappointed in his lack of involvement but he's been progressing nicely of late. I like the mongrel in him anf he brings much needed pace. He's only a kid but is an integral part of the future so I'm happy he's getting a consistent run and finals experience.

S

Sorry. My computer blue screened the first time and didn't think it took so posted again. Can't delete the other one now. It was also my big footy thread creation cherry so...

I just don't see why it even needed one thread, there's an entire thread about prelim final selection already

L2t7D3l.gif

"You strap yourself in and feel the Gs!"

Somebody explain the Venables selection for the Prelim to me and make me feel good about it.

He wouldn't be in if gaff and Shephard were in.
Achee too slow.
Incumbent
Tackles lots
Has some X factor
Going to be a great player and finals experience is invaluable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Somebody explain the Venables selection for the Prelim to me and make me feel good about it.

probably best available pressure wise. He had 7 tackles last game. Also 6 contested possessions (more than Pendles). Yes you would like him to get it more of course but pressure is keeping him in at moment.

Very versatile in terms of he can take a grab and be a ground level player.

Waterman not that sort of player.
Petr only gets it 5 times
O Allen too tall
Brander too tall and skinny.
Ah chee possibly but reckon match commitee prefer pressure that venables brings.

And fact he is in the team suggests he works well with current forwards. He pretty much plays inside 50 (look at his heat map) so opportunities to get it a lot more simply isn’t there. Comparing him to SPP is not a fair comparison (although SPP got dropped).

Back