Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
What’s with the adds running down the side of the screen on the Suns page? Really squeezes the content.
It’s a ******* disgrace

I haven’t logged in for 5 days ( my longest absence in 10 years) because of it. The bloody thing is in your face the entire time reminding you that this is a money making excercise, no longer a fan forum. Not sure who’s idea it was but it’s a bad one. Any insight SUNS exile Big Red Machine ?

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
It’s a ******* disgrace

I haven’t logged in for 5 days ( my longest absence in 10 years) because of it. The bloody thing is in your face the entire time reminding you that this is a money making excercise, no longer a fan forum. Not sure who’s idea it was but it’s a bad one. Any insight SUNS exile Big Red Machine ?
i haven't experienced it on mobile, but i'll find the right thread to mention it to the higher ups. i believe those sorts of ads aren't determined by the staff of the site and can sometimes be up to the discretion of the advertiser, but not sure if that's the case this time.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
I understand the place advertising has, but taking up one fifth the width of the screen is really annoying.

Have it at the top or bottom, or both, just not on the side.
F3DDB078-0938-4056-A786-A1C42483EB1E.png

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I had a day without it, now it's back dammit
No problem on my desktop (imac, Safari browser). Also my daughter's iphone (Safari browser) displays threads correctly ( ads are at the top or bottom). I would suggest to try different browser, apps on mobile.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Off topic and just after some local GC advice if possible.

I'm booking a holiday (3 weeks) for my old man & his newest bride late April into May and wondering where the best place would be for them to stay.
I'm attempting to lure them up there permanently! Things to consider:

- cafe / breakfast scene in the mornings
- on the beach obviously
- they have no transport
- somewhere out of Surfers
- they enjoy their shopping
- they love their surf clubs for meals

Was thinking maybe Broadbeach as that's where I stay each year for games. (and love it)
Just wondering are there any other areas of the coast that I am overlooking and should consider?

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers

I'm booking a holiday (3 weeks) for my old man & his newest bride late April into May and wondering where the best place would be for them to stay.

- on the beach obviously
- they have no transport

Was thinking maybe Broadbeach as that's where I stay each year for games. (and love it)
Just wondering are there any other areas of the coast that I am overlooking and should consider?
broadbeach has a number of great cafes for brekky, beach, trams, is out of surfers, pac fair across the road, kurruwa surf club. probably ticks all the boxes, but really depends how much of that they value more. cooly/currumbin are good for most of that except the transport/shopping part i would have thought too.

SunsGal

Senior List
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast

- on the beach obviously
- they have no transport

Broadbeach ticks all those boxes. Checkout www.discoverqueensland.com.au for some good specials

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers

- on the beach obviously
- they have no transport

Look at air b&b for places in Mermaid beach, you have 3 lifesaving clubs in walking distance, bskt for breakfast, pacific fair to shop at

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
you may notice after your 2 week long holiday food bender that the layout of bigfooty has changed. this is apart of a sitewide forum upgrade that was undertaken this morning.
you may also notice that a number of previous features are currently missing (e.g. team supported under username, user badges out of proportion, media embedding, some navigation features, etc.). a lot of these are known by the site staff and will be added back in due time.

there's a thread regarding this upgrade (https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...9-issues-and-feedback-in-here-please.1210710/) which Chief and his team are monitoring, so if you notice anything else that might be missing pop your comments in there.

it's a bit of a change aesthetically which will no doubt take some getting used to, but i think overall it's a much cleaner look and will turn out alright once all the little bugs are ironed out.

p.s. there's also a dark theme (click the lightbulb at the top left next to the search bar) if that floats your boat.

Back