Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
This is what can annoy me at times with VFL media. Nathan Buckley is currently on AFL 360 and he’s not being interviewed he is being made love to by Slob Robbo and Weasel Whateley.
Be journos and grow a pair.

EDIT-and in the end it turned out to be an Infomercial for a Wine Company Buckley is in cahoots with.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
As someone that’s relatively new on the scene to the sport this situation where the CEO and the main media guy are brothers astonished me.
Gil in my opinion is totally out of his depth, Is incapable of making decisions that upsets the VFL elite and is more interested in having a celebrity profile.

Hamish on the other hand I just find to be incredibly dull and boring for a guy that is the face of the FTA network.

How did this happen?? It smells of privilege and nepotism.

Who came along first?

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
As someone that’s relatively new on the scene to the sport this situation where the CEO and the main media guy are brothers astonished me.
Gil in my opinion is totally out of his depth, Is incapable of making decisions that upsets the VFL elite and is more interested in having a celebrity profile.

Hamish on the other hand I just find to be incredibly dull and boring for a guy that is the face of the FTA network.

How did this happen?? It smells of privilege and nepotism.

Who came along first?

Mr Bods you annoying sook :p I'm sure you must be a middle child! Haha. Jokes, I love ya.

I have a present which I feel you will love. I know you don't have facebook, so you might not have seen this. It is mostly for your entertainment, I know you are gonna love it, but anyone else that has not seen it, enjoy!

I present to you FOOTBALL PARK

If I didn't know any better, I would say it was created by Boddsy himself! DO NOT WATCH IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO NAUGHTY WORDS

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Another one for Bods

Wow...just Wow. Mr Baldy is a flog-he never gives us a fair shake at Carrara.
Can’t believe he’s so thin skinned. He’s an Umpire!!! Not a job for glass jawed people.
And being ejected for calling out over the fence.
I’m flabbergasted.
I’m pretty well behaved at AFL matches but if that went on at NRL matches I’d have been given a life ban ten times over by now.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
If this is true then the afl have lost the plot.
It’s like we are in North Korea

They said sorry to Adam Goodes so who knows.

If 9 people can refuse to sing the anthem and there is a debate about changing the words then anything is possible

I don’t like trombones, who’s with me, let’s get em band, I also don’t like chai tea

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm sick of Richmond fans going on about how many injuries they have. They aren't even in the top 3 for injuries. We have the most and are already the youngest club. Get over it.

Yeah it’s a joke. They had two precious seasons where the gods smiled on them and they had bugger all injuries.
In year one they got a flag and in year two they epically blew a prelim final by getting all full of themselves and lost an incredible opportunity to win back to back flags.

Now they are having a normal injury run like the rest of us and they are sooking it right up despite all the paper bag money and rorts they get away with.

Good.

Seventeener

Debutant
Jun 16, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Two of the Indigenous players for NSW Origin who protested the anthem were sacked after they lost the first game. Some people pointed the finger at selectors and others said it was a form based decision and the new players are Indigenous anyway. Yesterday, former NSW player, Timana Tahu, was sacked from his NSWRL role for giving public comment about the players' sackings. The same guy who was subjected to witnessing Andrew Johns' vile racial vilification of Queensland Indigenous players 9 years ago. Andrew Johns is now a NSW selector.

This is so typical of the way sport treats Indigenous players. Everyone cheers them on until the public gets a reminder that they are blakfellas, then the racism comes boiling up. We will all get the chance to see how the public deals with Anthem protests and the Goodes documentary.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Two of the Indigenous players for NSW Origin who protested the anthem were sacked after they lost the first game. Some people pointed the finger at selectors and others said it was a form based decision and the new players are Indigenous anyway. Yesterday, former NSW player, Timana Tahu, was sacked from his NSWRL role for giving public comment about the players' sackings. The same guy who was subjected to witnessing Andrew Johns' vile racial vilification of Queensland Indigenous players 9 years ago. Andrew Johns is now a NSW selector.

This is so typical of the way sport treats Indigenous players. Everyone cheers them on until the public gets a reminder that they are blakfellas, then the racism comes boiling up. We will all get the chance to see how the public deals with Anthem protests and the Goodes documentary.
Where is the unlike button.

You point out how everyone is supposedly judging them yet you are judging everyone yourself.

Where is the unlike button.

You point out how everyone is supposedly judging them yet you are judging everyone yourself.

Unlike button.jpg

Just part of the service and as usual contributing nothing of value to the conversation...

Back