VFL 2023 - GOLD COAST SUNS WIN THE PREMIERSHIP

Remove this Banner Ad

National reserves comp is just rubbiah talk from port Adelaide and west coast.

After doing some research today most of vfl stand alone clubs have been given a long term guarantee (10 years) of state league (2nd tier) footy including Frankston.

Just remember this all Victorian stand alone clubs plus Sandringham, Box Hill and Casey would alll die if national reserves comp was to come in. As afl would not find a 3rd tier state comp.

The his is just a scare campaign.

National reserves comp is just rubbiah talk from port Adelaide and west coast.

After doing some research today most of vfl stand alone clubs have been given a long term guarantee (10 years) of state league (2nd tier) footy including Frankston.

Just remember this all Victorian stand alone clubs plus Sandringham, Box Hill and Casey would alll die if national reserves comp was to come in. As afl would not find a 3rd tier state comp.

The his is just a scare campaign.
I wouldn't be so sure, Robbo. I think a Victorian state league will exist once AFL reserves returns though.

This is all a smoke screen because Kochie is not happy Port (and the crows) have to pay a license fee to play in SANFL. As afl clubs do not have to pay a license fee to play in VFL. This is a nothing story.

There is no movement , AFL has no interest in a reserves competition at this time , determined in VFL to make current competition work with Tasmania to be added in 2025, that is from someone who works at a VFL Club.

There is no movement , AFL has no interest in a reserves competition at this time , determined in VFL to make current competition work with Tasmania to be added in 2025, that is from someone who works at a VFL Club.
Sounds like the stand alone clubs are the only ones against it from my read and it's never been up to them in this competition.

It's going to happen
Heard over the weekend there is a sticking point w an AFL reserves getting over the line. It’s called the AFLW. Commercially the AFL are more receptive to the AFLW being a full national comp with a full fixture than coughing up for an AFL reserves. Anyone else hearing this….. mind you I was at an AFLW fixture where I heard it.

Man, I so hope that when Port join the VFL, one of the stipulations is that they cannot wear the prison bars...
It's a good guernsey, has history behind it and should be allowed to wear it in the AFL.
We now have clash guernseys, therefore there'll never be a clash.
There are several clubs whose colours clash, but after 100+ years the Big Bananas of the competition got smart, probably not from their own brains, but from a very intelligent primary school student.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First vfl practice games for 2024 have been announced - just 74 days away

WEDNESDAY JANUARY 24 at TIO STADIUM, DARWIN
Essendon VFLW vs NTFL
Essendon VFL vs NTFL

Heard over the weekend there is a sticking point w an AFL reserves getting over the line. It’s called the AFLW. Commercially the AFL are more receptive to the AFLW being a full national comp with a full fixture than coughing up for an AFL reserves. Anyone else hearing this….. mind you I was at an AFLW fixture where I heard it.

Makes sense. Aflw appeals to a whole new crowd whereas afl reserves is just rusted ons

First vfl practice games for 2024 have been announced - just 74 days away

WEDNESDAY JANUARY 24 at TIO STADIUM, DARWIN
Essendon VFLW vs NTFL
Essendon VFL vs NTFL
Thanks Robbo. Have to wonder what squad Essendon take up. Will it include AFL listed players?

It's a good guernsey, has history behind it and should be allowed to wear it in the AFL.
We now have clash guernseys, therefore there'll never be a clash.
There are several clubs whose colours clash, but after 100+ years the Big Bananas of the competition got smart, probably not from their own brains, but from a very intelligent primary school student.

Agreed. And the original heads of agreement (before the minute to midnight birth of the crows) in the 90s would’ve allowed port to wear the bars with a clash jumper for COLLINGWOOD games and changed socks. This should be the case now

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Frankston have signed former Carlton AFLW coach Damien Keeping as an assistant coach
Given that a lot of his experience is from women's football, is it possible that he'll have a role with the women's team or is it just a VFL coaching position?

This is happening at Kinetic Stadium on Friday evening. Everybody welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_1519.jpeg
    IMG_1519.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 39
Hopefully we're in a position to do that next year. Losing Fordham, Stoddart, Lambert, and possibly Owens if he gets drafted, is a blow but I'm very happy that our player retention has improved. Tyson Milne and George Grey were apparently very solid performers for Sandringham and Casey respectively and should be good recruits for us. We won't know until the season rolls around but on paper the future looks bright.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back