Game Day VFL Wildcard Round week 1 v Richmond. Sunday August 27 - Swinburne Centre (Punt Road), 12pm. Live on Ch7

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't think it was creepy that Ed got the most disposals.

Ok then it’s very;

giphy.gif

Best game I’ve seen begg play. Earned himself another year though I still don’t know where he plays, because his size concerns me as an afl ruck
He won't make it as a first ruck, but there has to be a spot in the team for a guy who can play forward or back and help out in the ruck. Steene looked really promising today too.

What happens next week with the seniors not playing?

Is AJ allowed to play VFL - not sure if he'd qualify if AFL team were out? Can those likely to miss the AFL final play VFL - Frampton?
Collingwood are in the AFL finals and AJ isn’t in the current 22 (final round). He played the wildcard game. I can’t see any reason why he wouldn’t be able to play VFL finals just because the AFL had a bye. That would make no sense. I doubt a player who was in the 22 of the final round would get an exemption for next week though, so Frampton unlikely.

I’ve been an EA fan but there were a few rubbish possies in the 26

Still hope given just 18 yo

Still a glimmer of hope, you reckon? Are you sure, I mean he’s only got three years left on his contract…?

Still a glimmer of hope, you reckon? Are you sure, I mean he’s only got three years left on his contract…?
I mean, you’re talking to the guy who said for years that Jordy was rubbish and we should get rid of him, so grain of salt etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood are in the AFL finals and AJ isn’t in the current 22 (final round). He played the wildcard game. I can’t see any reason why he wouldn’t be able to play VFL finals just because the AFL had a bye. That would make no sense. I doubt a player who was in the 22 of the final round would get an exemption for next week though, so Frampton unlikely.
I think its more of a case that Johnson has played 15 AFL games, where eligibilty to play VFL finals may stop at 12 or 13. May have to get an excemption for him to play.

Competition rules state that players must have featured in six VFL games during that particular season, and played no more than 12 AFL games, to be eligible to play in the VFL finals.

Begg had a great game, potentially one of those career defining turning points.

Ed Allen is going to be a player, missed a few targets but he gets his hands on it and looks good when he does.

McInnes very unlucky, dreadful timing.

Kreugs rampaging across the forward line like a rabid giraffe looks much better than it's sounds, guy has talent and impacts the contest. Wins his own footy and is good at ground level; albeit he seems to spend a lot of the last quarter falling over and then dishing out a handball.
I'll tell you this once, young man, and one time only:

until you've had to deal with a rabid giraffe yourself, you have no bloody right to be throwing those words around, willy nilly.

Last edited:
On AJ I think exemptions are generally only issued when the player has missed through injury or other circumstance. The misalignment between AFL and VFL scheduling may shaft us in this instance.

AJ could play the wildcard because the AFL team played the same weekend. Same as Pickett. And that's assuming that the wildcard round was being treated as a final.

I think its more of a case that Johnson has played 15 AFL games, where eligibilty to play VFL finals may stop at 12 or 13. May have to get an excemption for him to play.
Yes I already established earlier that an exemption would be required for AJ.

On AJ I think exemptions are generally only issued when the player has missed through injury or other circumstance. The misalignment between AFL and VFL scheduling may shaft us in this instance.

AJ could play the wildcard because the AFL team played the same weekend. Same as Pickett. And that's assuming that the wildcard round was being treated as a final.
He’ll be able to play. If he’d played the final round of AFL it would be a different story.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back