video review has to go

Remove this Banner Ad

syl

FAIR and BALANCED
Melbourne Demons - Ricky Petterd 2011 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe 2012 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Ricky Petterd 2012 Player Sponsor
Mar 25, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
North
One wrong one today and not this clear goal being reviewed. **** off. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Why? Goal umpire thought it came off the knee. Would have been incorrect had he had the call.

I'd rather they get it right. Plus it adds to the tension.

the first one the goal umpire thought it hit the post, the video didn't disprove him. so point

that one, fair enough. make sure. they made sure, 2 replays. that was ok.

not sure what your argument is?

Strongly disagree. The amount of people who want it gone because they haven't got the patience to wait thirty seconds is staggering.

OP has no idea, it's great for the game anD creates a much fairer result

The voice over thing that came through was weird though.

n59917723714456558416.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The umpire just needs a specific protocol before calling for the review.

For example, "The onfield decision is ______. Does the video show otherwise?"

Or something like that, just to show that inconclusive calls would have stayed the same without the video.

They need some proper cameras and maybe some sensors to actually give a proper decision. If you're going to bring a system in, don't half arse it.

No point in relying on seven's cameras, they can't even catch the general play.

Or something like that, just to show that inconclusive calls would have stayed the same without the video.

This did happen.

With the first one, the voiceover said the vision was inconclusive and the original decision should stand.

the blair one at the end...the ball definitely hit his shin then ricochetted upwards into the side of his knee...then into the goal. i'm certain of that from the reverse angle.

if the ball hits your knee last, is that a goal? i thought only below the knee constituted a kick.

either way it's knit-picking i guess.

the blair one at the end...the ball definitely hit his shin then ricochetted upwards into the side of his knee...then into the goal. i'm certain of that from the reverse angle.

if the ball hits your knee last, is that a goal? i thought only below the knee constituted a kick.

either way it's knit-picking i guess.

It's not a goal, but I don't agree with your version of events. Imo, the front angle clearly shows the ball moving away from his leg before it reaches the height of his knee.

This.

The field umpire in communication should clearly state the initial decision, if the video replay is inconclusive than they stick to that call.

This.

The field umpire in communication should clearly state the initial decision, if the video replay is inconclusive than they stick to that call.

that obviously happened before we got the audio. the umpires seemed to know exactly what was going on and what the initial decision was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back