Vince McMahon steps down from TKO amid allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

Steph is as guilty as most for sure in the sense that covering it up and bullying people into doing so is a crime in itself
I wonder if it got away from her.

She started covering up like always, but kept discovering more details.

The distance both children have taken from him says something, I think.

I wonder if it got away from her.

She started covering up like always, but kept discovering more details.

The distance both children have taken from him says something, I think.

It’s only a matter of time, before more people are named. Not surprised about the Stephanie allegations, in that she knew something. Her first “Stepping away” from the company, voting for Vince’s retirement, quitting almost immediately when he came back. Leading the investigation into the original accusations.

Shane is another one, Leaving the company, not being heard for close to a decade, coming back unexpectedly then being ”fired” by Vince last year. I am of the opinion that HHH will be gone from the company by June, as TKO will move on Vince’s people.

I am of the opinion that HHH will be gone from the company by June, as TKO will move on Vince’s people.

Not sure. Levesque is a survivor, and very conscious of looking out for number one.

I wouldn't be surprised if he starts feeding info to TKO and the investigators, to consolidate his power. Chaos is a ladder, and all that.

From Brandon Thurstans

# # #

I haven’t heard this point quite explained or articulated yet so will do so here:

In Nov 2022, the WWE Board concluded its investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct against Vince McMahon, John Laurinaitis, and WWE culture.

Nick Khan and Paul Levesque were among the Board members who in Dec 2022 unanimously agreed (per SEC filing) that Vince shouldn’t return to WWE due to non-public information that would paint him and the company in a negative light.

In Jan 2023, when Vince unilaterally forced his way back onto the Board, Khan and Levesque were among those who didn’t resign from the Board and unanimously voted to approve his election as Chairman.

At that point, the investigation has uncovered whatever it uncovered (or didn’t). How much further knowledge of alleged misconduct did Khan and Levesque have following the investigation? And in light of that, why were they (and Steve Koonin who was on the WWE Board then and is on the TKO Board now) comfortable approving of Vince as Chair?

I want to emphasize this is an important question in particular because Khan and Levesque are the #1 and #2 executives in WWE (and Koonin a current TKO Board member).

Did the WWE Board investigation fail to unearth the details alleged in the Janel Grant lawsuit and other publicized allegations? Was there a lack of effort by the Board to include her in the investigation, as she claims? Was approving of Vince as Chair for Khan, Levesque, and Koonin (and the other Board members who didn’t resign) merely a matter of putting self-preservation above workplace safety? Do these leaders view the allegations as not serious enough to keep Vince out and something that would simply blow over, as Khan indicated in a Jan 2023 interview with Bill Simmons? Or is there more to the story that would make them look less complacent to sexual misconduct in the workplace?

Interesting take and analysis from John Cena’s interview with Howard Stern…

mannnnn..... hearing/seeing all this s**t is is tearing me apart, i dont want to believe it but its starting to look worse and worse. Im so disappointed:disappointed:.... Has anyone else seen the text messages, pretty full on i dunno what to think of em...
anyways i hope this doesn't ruin the only good thing left in my life (wrestling).

jamesdean.gif

Have a feeling that Ashley Massaro, will land him in jail. With John Laurenitis coming out and saying that WWE found out about the alleged rape, and WWE denying such claims in 2019, when it resurfaced. Now along with a part of her affidavit, where she acknowledges that he was sexually harassing her, it is going to get messy for him.
the fact that John Laurinitis proves some serious bad stuff happened

"published by Front Office Sports". Notice big WWE news is rarely broken by any wrestling journalists and wrestling sites.

I don't know who Front Office Sports is, but John Pollock and Brandon Thurston are both pretty prominent wrestling journos.

Kittens, Puppies, Vacations and keeping in touch with Trump

As he faces a mountain of legal woes, former WWE leader Vince McMahon is traveling, eating out and keeping in touch with friends and associates — including former President Donald Trump.

NBC News and CNBC talked with 11 people familiar with McMahon and WWE about how he’s been spending his time — and how the global brand he built over more than four decades is moving on without him.

That also means McMahon hasn’t talked to his son-in-law, WWE creative chief and former superstar Paul “Triple H” Levesque, or daughter, Stephanie McMahon-Levesque, regarding company matters, sources said.

McMahon has kept up his other routines, and it’s as if he’s unfazed by his legal fights, two sources said.

For instance, on an afternoon in late March, McMahon returned on a private plane to the United States from the sunny Turks and Caicos Islands — but he wasn’t alone, according to a person close to him. He had with him seven kittens and a puppy, all of which he brought back to be adopted by his friends, this person added.

“If anything, he’s enjoying life,” said the person, who added that McMahon had also taken a trip to Italy.
While his legal battles persist, McMahon is often ferried by a private driver from his posh Connecticut home to Manhattan, according to one of the sources close to him. There, he eats with friends at restaurants such as the old-school Italian spot Il Tinello East on 46th Street, sees his longtime barber for biweekly haircuts and works with his personal trainer multiple times a week, the source said.

McMahon has also talked to Trump, according to two of the people close to the wrestling impresario. The two billionaires have been in touch regularly, according to a person close to McMahon, although it isn’t clear what they’ve discussed.

Trump and the McMahon family go way back: The former president hosted two WrestleMania events in Atlantic City in the late 1980s, engaged in a wrestling “feud” with McMahon in 2007 and is a member of the WWE Hall of Fame. Linda McMahon, McMahon’s wife, served as the Small Business Administration’s head in Trump’s Cabinet, led a pro-Trump super PAC and is now on the board of the publicly traded Trump Media and Technology Group

Hours after the publication of this story, a spokesperson for McMahon pushed back.

“Mr. McMahon has not been ‘staying in touch’ or ‘been in touch regularly’ with former President Trump. He has spoken with Mr. Trump once in the past several years and that was for about a minute or so after Mr. McMahon’s back surgery. Other than that, there have been no communications between the two,” the spokesperson said.

A representative for Trump declined to comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back