Visitor's Book - Give the Board a Bump

Remove this Banner Ad

Bump75000.jpg

http://www.standard.net.au/story/263139/emmanuel-youngsters-ready-for-shot-at-glory/?cs=74

Emmanuel College are good things with this bloke coaching them!

Just signing the visitor's book really :)
Like to have a read of the Fitz board, positioned right down the bottom of the clubs boards, and being one who was born around the merger :eek: so no history with the 'Roys, there's a lot to learn for a Lions supporter :p
Well done Roy regulars and I wish you all the best - except, for your game in the SFA this week!!! ;)

Just signing the visitor's book really :)
Like to have a read of the Fitz board, positioned right down the bottom of the clubs boards, and being one who was born around the merger :eek: so no history with the 'Roys, there's a lot to learn for a Lions supporter :p
Well done Roy regulars and I wish you all the best - except, for your game in the SFA this week!!! ;)
The game he's talking about is here, and we're almost always recruiting :) http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...ast-side-hawks-brunswick-junction-oval.976014

BUMP!

From a Port Melbourne supporter - a few of us attended the Grand Final at Sandringham to cheer your boys on for the day.
Good on you CrowdedHouse. You are obviously a quality person with great mates!:thumbsu:

Love visiting this board occasionally to reminisce about Fitzroy. Even as an Essendon man I find it hard to look back at some of the footage of your final days without feeling sad- there was even a tear in the old Doss eye on one occasion!

I've been meaning to get down and watch Fitzroy in the VAFA one day, but inevitably that thing called life gets in the way. Will endeavour to make sure I follow through on this in 2013.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't! Last time I saw Fitzroy there was 1990 and we were thrashed. Given that I drove from Camperdown in a minibus full of Essendon suporters, it was a very painful day.

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/games/1990/050619900331.html

Ouch!

Oh well, you can't win 'em all I suppose. The roys managed their fair share of victories of finals victories over Essendon in their last twenty years (3-1 in favour of the roys between '79 and '86), and given what ended up happening in 1996, I'm glad we had a role to play in quite a few of Fitzroy's moments of glory in that late '70s- mid '80s era.

Great board guys
Your passion for your great club is inspiring and you are such genuine, worthy supporters - unlike the soulless franchises the AFL has engineered in the last couple of years. Bravo.

I always loved Fitzroy - best of luck in the VAFA for 2013

Roylion - you are one of the best posters on bigfooty

... drop in to check out this board every now and then -always find plenty of interesting stuff.

Although I'm from the east side of Smith St, I have a couple of tenuous links with the 'Roys. Ian Miller and his moustache taught me in Year 11 (back when it was called Form 5). He was a good bloke -made us laugh, plus he could roost the footy -what else could you want in a teacher?

As a young married bloke in 1984, I worked as an blue-coat usher behind the goals in the Sherrin Stand at Victoria Park. I told my missus it was to earn a few extra quid, but in reality it was the best spot to watch the 'Pies play -and to get paid for it was a bonus. I was still working there in '85 when the 'Roys moved over from the Junction. At first I resented getting up early on a Saturday morning when I was rostered to a Fitzroy game, but I soon got to know a number of the people that sat in the cheer squad seats behind the goals -a very friendly bunch. Although the Lions weren't overly successful in '85 (neither were the 'Pies), I really enjoyed seeing Bernie Quinlan send them sailing through the sticks from a mile out, plus I remember thinking that young Roos, Pert and Osbourne had something special.

This is probably a good place to spam the Roys Fantasy FC that plays in the Sweet FA - randomized simulated text footy games where us Bigfooty users are the players (under our forum aliases). Missed finals last season, not doin' that again this time around.

Any Roys fans interested in pulling on the virtual guernsey for the Gorillas, can check out our team thread and post there if they find they'd like a spot on the team. The only requisite is to be a part of the banter on Match Threads.

Hope to see a few new arrivals :thumbsu:

Oh well, you can't win 'em all I suppose. The roys managed their fair share of victories of finals victories over Essendon in their last twenty years (3-1 in favour of the roys between '79 and '86), and given what ended up happening in 1996, I'm glad we had a role to play in quite a few of Fitzroy's moments of glory in that late '70s- mid '80s era.

I'd happily swap the 3-1 head to head record for your two Premierships during the same period! ;)

I thought some on here might be interested that Brad Boyd made the jumper presentation to a couple of Lions debutants (Docherty who wore number 1, like Boyd did as captain of Fitzroy, and Paparone) at training before the North game - see the post and pictures here:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...v-brisbane-lions.999560/page-14#post-27862348

He is still one of my favourite all time players - I always think of how good he could have been if he wasn't cruelled by his ongoing back/hamstring injuries.

These days Boyd is a real estate agent down at Mount Martha.

(as for the North game, unfortunately as often seems to be the case, the Lions and Roys seem to be in sync again on the field - both are travelling pretty woefully at the moment!)

The question was asked on the main board, whether anybody misses Fitzroy. Not surprisingly expansion club supporters are the most callous. I urge all Royboys to head in to that thread and let people know you are still around and teach some posters a little about respect.

The question was asked on the main board, whether anybody misses Fitzroy. Not surprisingly expansion club supporters are the most callous. I urge all Royboys to head in to that thread and let people know you are still around and teach some posters a little about respect.

Thanks for the heads-up mate :thumbsu:

What else would you expect from a soulless pack of "product" loving franchises?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back