9 - Shaun Higgins (NMFC)
7 - Jed Anderson (NMFC)
5 - Todd Goldstein (NMFC)
4 - Ben Brown (NMFC)
3 - Jasper Pittard (NMFC)
1 - Jared Polec (NMFC)
1 - Rory Laird (ADEL)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I Struggled to pick 3. I wanted to go with Jed but I thought I was blinded by my man love for him, maybe not.

I'm still undecided about who to vote for. A great team performance.

(As soon as I've made up my mind I'll count the votes btw.)

3. Jedly
2. JP2 (Pittard)
1. Taz probably cos of that mark in the last. It was that close between him and about 100 other players in our side.

Pretty much everyone that's been mentioned so far deserves an HM this week. Frog, Ats, BBB and a whole lot of others all played fantastic footy. Bring it again tomorrow fellas.

17 players got votes Tef.

Here they are:

Deadly Jedly - 104 votes. Welcome back. :handfist: :clapping:
JP2 (Pittard) - 43 votes and a great game in defense. Steak knives with full tang.
Ats - 42 votes. That should be his standard imo and if he does it all year no doubt he'll be promoted to the axis of excellence.
Higgo - 34 votes and yet again Higgo plays a great game. Not as noticeable but that is good imo. We have a plethora of good mids coming on and had two back in the side on the weekend. But Higgo is still right up there for us.
Taz - 30 votes and a welcome return to form. Obviously he needed a month to get some fitness back. (Perhaps not the only one either - a few others had interrupted pre seasons and played their best games on Saturday.) Probably won the game with that mark in the last - it was all class.
Suga - 22 votes and unlucky to not make the top 5. Glad everyone saw what he brings last weekend.
Froggy - 21 votes and another unlucky to miss out. His gut running and work is top notch.
Goldy - 14 votes. I thought he was quiet early but seemed to build into the game and finished well. Hopefully he's hit some form too and improves from here.
JP1 - 13 votes. He seemed quiter for mine but was still able to rack up the disposals and run his guts out.
Cunners - 11 votes. A quiter game from him but still can't be kept out of the contest. Imagine dealing with our midfield in top form - tag Cunners and Higgo and that leaves another 6 players capable of ripping the opposition up.
Hunter - 5 votes and probably deserved to be nearer to Taz's score. He's a rock in defense and just keeps getting the job done.
BBB - 4 votes. One for each goal. Another who seems to be getting some form and fitness after an(other) interrupted pre season.
Aaron Hall and Cam Z - 2 votes each. Quieter from Hall, kicking a bit off this week, still 3rd highest generator of i50s tho. He makes us look like a better side even when he has average games ... and Cam Z!!! - Its just great to have his presence around the contest. Just what we needed. Keep winning rucks Cam!
LDU and Wood - 2 votes each. Great game from Wood. Loved the intensity especially at the start of the game. Bring it every week Mase. LDU was quieter but in a midfield like ours all need is blokes doing their job all day. Even in quiet games like this weekend he still does stuff that leaves us realising he is a real talent.
Jy - 1 vote. Dunno if it was sympathy or what but he still played a good game this week. Had a shocker then bounced back and while everyone seems to be missing his flair he still works hard and puts in. Stood up after last week. The AFL stats have him with no contested marks from his 8 grabs but I'm sure he took a few when it mattered.

Anyway that gives us:

5 - Jed Anderson.
4 - Jasper Pittard.
3 - Shaun Atley.
2 - Shaun Higgins.
1 - Robbie Tarrant.

Here's the Leaderboard after 4 games:

Ben Cunnington - 10.
Shaun Atley - 8.
Shaun Higgins - 7.
Jasper Pittard - 7.
Jared Polec - 7.
Jed Anderson - 5.
Bailey Scott - 5.
Aaron Hall - 4.
Luke Davies-Uniacke - 2.
Trent Dumont - 2.
Todd Goldstein - 2.
Jamie Macmillan - 1.
Robbie Tarrant - 1.

Cheers.

It was a great team effort. Hopefully something we can build on for the rest of the season. Despite the poor start we have constantly improved over every game. But without a strong win tomorrow that will mean nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back