Votes vs North

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised nobody's mentioned Paddy. Thought he was lion hearted in the ruck tonight against two genuinely good rucks.

Stanton played well too. Showed some much needed leadership when it counted. Put himself into difficult spots when the team needed him.

Dempsey's last quarter was probably his best for the year although his first 3 quarters were horrible.

3. Watson
2. Ryder
1. Hardingham

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3. Watson - Amazing game despite being noticeably injured.
2. Fletcher - The old fella still doing it. That torp from 85m was ****ing mammoth!!!
1. Hardingham - Kid has an amazing leap and a massive future. I think he's the straw that breaks Neagle's [strike]back[/strike] career.

3. Watson - 28 possessions by early in the third quarter, and you barely even noticing him doing it - fantastic work rate.
2. Hardingham - hopefully not just a fluke!
1. arghh. Winderlich.

Sorry Reimers and Fletch and, well, many of them who actually showed up this week :thumbsu:

Really didn't like Winderlich's game tonight (as a vote worthy game), shirked far too many contests, dropped the ball on far too many occasions which hurt us. Credit for him for keeping on and attracting the ball, solid effort for mine but not vote worthy.

Dempsey was massive tonight. His chase downs saved us the game (on a couple of occasions) Screwed a couple of kicks early but was better as the game wore on.

Jobe was just massive tonight. Really placed himself as an A Grader and the best captain's game that I have seen since Hird against the Weagles. Brilliant stuff.

Great debut. Almost ruined early work not playing the percentages at one stage going for the screamer when he should have just sat and waited. Great game however. Back forward after showing some promise up there at Bendigo (obviously in the WAFL too) but is a much better replacement for McPhee than we could have hoped for. The atmosphere and love for him every time he came off the ground was great to be a part of.

Almost everyone contributed tonight in a positive manner. Which is was great to see.

3. Watson - truly inspirational
2. Hardingham - great debut
1. Ryder - tap work, especially early was exceptional

Honourable mentions
0.5 - Fletcher
0.25 - Winderlich
Gumbleton, I thought was very good tonight also
And Kyle number 1! Don't forget about the original Kyle, he was awesome tonight.

1. Hardingham - Kid has an amazing leap and a massive future. I think he's the straw that breaks Neagle's [strike]back[/strike] career.

You're right he had a great game, but at 184 cms I don't know if he has the size to be a permanent key position player, especially against good defenders. In any case, Neagle didn't have a bad game - 7 kicks, 6 marks and 2 goals. Give him time, he will come good.

Winderlich had more clearances than Watson.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think he played bad. I still thought he was in the best 8 or so on the ground. Just not our best 3 due to a couple of errors in costly situations. Still a solid performance.

I don't know if you guys know but Winderlich badly dislocated his finger tonight and was rumered to have a scaphoid injury.

So for someone who suffered great pain whenever he moved or touched his hand, he did brilliantly.

I don't know if you guys know but Winderlich badly dislocated his finger tonight and was rumoid to have a scaphoid injury.

So for someone who suffered great pain whenever he moved or touched his hand, he did brilliantly.

I did notice him coming off quite a bit tonight and suspected he copped a hit or two. Was hobbling at one point. Only discovered he hurt his hand about 3 minutes ago on the radio. Perhaps thats why he dropped the ball on occasions. Winderlich down one hand. Watson down one leg.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back