WADA denies Dank email

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either they have bent the rules to the point of cheating, if not actually cheating, and are indulging in all sorts of deflection, denial, etc to cover it up.

or

They are one seriously inept and incompetent organization to the point of rank amateurism, across a number of departments, whose ability to run a chook raffle you would currently doubt.

Either way, I am amazed why Essendon supporters such as yourself are here engaging in such vigorous defence of the whole affair and aren't just seriously pissed off at the club and those involved, with your posts accordingly reflecting that pissedoffness.

It's just blind, unquestioning, loyalty. And we learnt at Carlton what happens when you put too much trust in those running the club. I'm past that. If it were the Blues in middle of this shambles, I'd be going at them hammer and tong.

But I guess the first disaster of such public proportions is the hardest. Your attitude will change if another one ever comes around.......;)

Keeping count, this is their second. They also were done for salary cap cheating. Seems that unlike Carlton, they have not learnt their lesson.

So should the penalties be harsher?

If it was straight salary cap cheating again, of course the penalties should be much much harsher for the second offence.

But running a systematic doping program, using products that either are not endorsed as legal, or not endorsed for HUMAN use, they should suffer far far harsher penalties. This cuts across cheating of all other clubs, but also the possible endangering of their players health.

That was the whole content as shown on 7:30 report.

The bit you want to see is the correspondence Dank had with ASADA. This was not discussed or shown.

Didn't Dank say he had approval from WADA? On that score he clearly lied. Did he have approval from ASADA? At this stage we still don't know.

The full transcript from the ABC Report can be seen here:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-02/email-exchange-reveals-drugs-in-sport-twist/4666602

What they showed of Dank's email is not the full transcript. They have just cut a bit out. They had another section which showed more of the email but was blurred out.

Classic "Today Tonight" stuff.

What they showed of Dank's email is not the full transcript. They have just cut a bit out. They had another section which showed more of the email but was blurred out.

Classic "Today Tonight" stuff.

You laugh at today tonight, if not for them who would chase dodgy washing machine repairmen? Hard hitting journalism at it's best!

Personally I don't think James Hird was unethical, I think he just trusted the wrong people.

Hird was linked to a drug trafficker, It's fair to say he must have well and truly trusted the wrong people.

I'm mad. but nowhere near as mad as i'd be if we'd systematically and knowingly doped our players. This much we should now all agree has not happened. The lesser of two evils although you have to find a positive somewhere

Unsurprisingly I see it from the opposite perspective. I think there is no doubt that Essendon have "knowingly doped their players", the issue here being that the coaching staff thought they were outsmarting the system and doing it within the laws albeit outside the spirit of the laws. They thought they had found some loophole that enabled them to dope their players within the boundaries of the law. From my perspective this is very clear. Whether they get done or not, or players are suspended or not, IMO, the fact that Essendon have wilfully and strategically doped their players is beyond question.

Either they have bent the rules to the point of cheating, if not actually cheating, and are indulging in all sorts of deflection, denial, etc to cover it up.

or

They are one seriously inept and incompetent organization to the point of rank amateurism, across a number of departments, whose ability to run a chook raffle you would currently doubt.

Either way, I am amazed why Essendon supporters such as yourself are here engaging in such vigorous defence of the whole affair and aren't just seriously pissed off at the club and those involved, with your posts accordingly reflecting that pissedoffness.

It's just blind, unquestioning, loyalty. And we learnt at Carlton what happens when you put too much trust in those running the club. I'm past that. If it were the Blues in middle of this shambles, I'd be going at them hammer and tong.

But I guess the first disaster of such public proportions is the hardest. Your attitude will change if another one ever comes around.......;)

There's a saying in the business world: If you're crooked you have to be very clever, but if you're incompetent you have to be very honest.

People are willing to forgive genuine mistakes provided the parties involved are completely open and honest about what went on. The moment you try and cover your tracks you are complicit.

A pertinent example is the Watergate scandal; it is well established that Nixon neither authorised nor even knew about the break in before it happened. But as soon as he tried to use the weight of the Oval Office to cover up aspects of the investigation, he was screwed!

I'm mad. but nowhere near as mad as i'd be if we'd systematically and knowingly doped our players. This much we should now all agree has not happened. The lesser of two evils although you have to find a positive somewhere

Mate your club's Chairman and Head Coach both knew AOD9604 was not approved for human use, yet they both still allowed it to be given to the players. How much now "knowingly" does the club need to be that medications not approved for human use was given to the players. The fact that they couldn't independently join the dots that the substance was also legally banned from being administered to the players says more about the lack of governance within the club than the club's goal of staying within the anti-doping guidelines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate your club's Chairman and Head Coach both knew AOD9604 was not approved for human use, yet they both still allowed it to be given to the players. How much now "knowingly" does the club need to be that medications not approved for human use was given to the players. The fact that they couldn't independently join the dots that the substance was also legally banned from being administered to the players says more about the lack of governance within the club than the club's goal of staying within the anti-doping guidelines.

What ever it takes!

To the best of my knowledge WADA/ASADA don't approve applications for use of a drug, there is a banned list and the drug you are seeking approval for is either on it or it isn't, not being on it doesnt necessarily make the drug legal. If someone states they have a letter of approval from either of these organisations I would be very dubious.

If I were an Essendon supporter (such a dirty thought), I would be "Mad as Hell!"
To be honest,If I were an Essendon supporter (such a dirty thought), I would be waiting for the findings of the several investigations to be released before I was passing judgement. It is easy to try to read between the lines of media reports and speculate on veracity, but it is all meaningless until the reports are tabled. From what I can tell, Essendon self reported (they may or may not have been pressured to do so), and have fully cooperated with ASADA/AFL. I think for justice to be served, the Essendon supporters need to wait. I think if the reports come back how many expect, there will be time enough for supporters to vent their anger at the club.

To be honest,If I were an Essendon supporter (such a dirty thought), I would be waiting for the findings of the several investigations to be released before I was passing judgement. It is easy to try to read between the lines of media reports and speculate on veracity, but it is all meaningless until the reports are tabled. From what I can tell, Essendon self reported (they may or may not have been pressured to do so), and have fully cooperated with ASADA/AFL. I think for justice to be served, the Essendon supporters need to wait. I think if the reports come back how many expect, there will be time enough for supporters to vent their anger at the club.
Nah, if I were an Essendon supporter I'd put on the reality distortion goggle and play victim.

I'll say right now they are still benefiting from it if they were given drugs to enable them to to perform a training regime for over 12 months that drove their playing list into an soft tissue injury list nightmare. You can see it in their performance now, for one.

Compare Essendon's improvement trajectory to other improving teams over the past 2 years.

Don't people think that we should wait until we know who took what before we start speculating on long term benefits? Most of you guys have exactly the same information as I do but are able to reach all sorts of conclusions that I just can't. Perhaps you are all just much smarter than I am?

I guess you don't understand. Its okay bud.
" I Dont Understand" seems to be the bombers new slogan... You Essendon supporters dont seem to understand anything.. Especially the world of hurt coming your way at 100 MPH..
Keep living in the fairytale world, where you think your players werent injected, or that Hirdy and Jobe couldn't possibly do anything wrong.
"Oh its all someone elses fault".:rolleyes: Its a fanciful world you all live in.. Once you start realising that these two guys are human and not gods and they do make mistakes and arent perfect, then the less offended you will end being up when your club goes down in flames (bomber style)..
Wada dont need positive drug tests to take you down.. Essendon have said theres a letter saying they could use AOD..
Why bring that up if they didnt use it?? AOD is banned under S0.. Thats all we need to know.. The rest is about gathering all the facts about what else has gone on, and what else your club may have injected into your guinea pigs.. Its also about finding out just how many players they plan on banning.. ;)

" I Dont Understand" seems to be the bombers new slogan... You Essendon supporters dont seem to understand anything.. Especially the world of hurt coming your way at 100 MPH..
Keep living in the fairytale world, where you think your players werent injected, or that Hirdy and Jobe couldn't possibly do anything wrong.
"Oh its all someone elses fault".:rolleyes: Its a fanciful world you all live in.. Once you start realising that these two guys are human and not gods and they do make mistakes and arent perfect, then the less offended you will end being up when your club goes down in flames (bomber style)..
Wada dont need positive drug tests to take you down.. Essendon have said theres a letter saying they could use AOD..
Why bring that up if they didnt use it?? AOD is banned under S0.. Thats all we need to know.. The rest is about gathering all the facts about what else has gone on, and what else your club may have injected into your guinea pigs.. Its also about finding out just how many players they plan on banning.. ;)
Oh Jamie007 you nasty man! :D

Oh Jamie007 you nasty man! :D
Haha. No, just telling em what they dont want to hear.
Soon enough we will hear their only defence left is.. "Prove it".

They are relying on "technicallities and loopholes" to get them out of the s**t.. Quality club making quality decisions.. :rolleyes:
Armstrong only ever came clean once there was undeniable evidence.. Seems Essendon is taking the same route..
What an upstanding club..
The fact is if they came clean and got it over and done with and copped their medicine, the AFL world would offer them some sort sympathy for players.. But this denial, denial, denial will only make it worse for them in the long run and sympath for players and any long term respect for the club will cease to exist..

Haha. No, just telling em what they dont want to hear.
Soon enough we will hear their only defence left is.. "Prove it".

They are relying on "technicallities and loopholes" to get them out of the s**t.. Quality club making quality decisions.. :rolleyes:
Armstrong only ever came clean once there was undeniable evidence.. Seems Essendon is taking the same route..
What an upstanding club..
The fact is if they came clean and got it over and done with and copped their medicine, the AFL world would offer them some sort sympathy for players.. But this denial, denial, denial will only make it worse for them in the long run and sympath for players and any long term respect for the club will cease to exist..
To be honest, I am not sure that Essendon are denying much. It seems they are letting the investigation run its course which seems appropriate. Essendon supporters, well that is a different matter but to be fair, they are really only reacting to some pretty disingenuous posts and reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back