News Walters and Frederick of Fremantle racially vilified on social media (stay on topic pls)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irrelevant to the topic and to my post.

It doesn't matter if its rare, or if society does it.

If a white person is discriminated by anyone based on race, that's racism. You can't argue with facts sadly.
"If".

Does it happen?
How often do you think this has ever happened?

You've completely ignored the crux of the post made by theyellowsash regarding the societal imparting of prejudice based on race, to make some half brained argument about "if a white guy doesn't get a job, thats racism too!1".

Does it happen? Yes sometimes.
Oh yeah. Sure it does.

Theyellowsash said white people cannot be discriminated against based on race, I simply stated the fact that this is an incorrect statement. Talk about half brained, misrepresenting an argument and then trying to argue against facts.
You ignored the terminology of racism as he clearly defined it to pull out one of the dumbest “whataboutisms” I’ve ever read.

White people discriminated against for jobs in Australia you think! Give me a spell.

Doesn’t Freddy’s family live in Adelaide ?

TBF the water does taste pretty s**t there and there are empty shelves in the supermarkets all across the country

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Oh yeah. Sure it does.

You ignored the terminology of racism as he clearly defined it to pull out one of the dumbest “whataboutisms” I’ve ever read.

White people discriminated against for jobs in Australia you think! Give me a spell.
You’re better off arguing with a brick wall, trust me!

Amazing comments from some people in here. It’s not that far removed from the people dishing out the abuse. I guess it’s an online forum so you’re going to get all sorts of fence sitters and people refusing to condemn the actions directly.

The standard tropes of;

‘Don’t give it any air time as it fuels the racists’

‘What about if it happens to white people? Then it’s reverse racism’

Fact; how many cases of racism do you hear of in Australia against whites people? Racism has and is systematically geared to minorities and also people of colour as discrimination against people of colour has been particularly evident since the days of slave trading etc.

Interesting that the mods deemed kappas posts in here to be worthy of deletion but not some kind of ban, where saying 'norf' will get you a ban.

yet again, bigfooty being a haven for racist trolls
No one gets banned for saying "norf" off our board.

Some similarities between how people go on about our club and racism as well.

Just for everyone reference, here is the definition of racism from our own governments human rights commission:

"Racism is the process by which systems and policies, actions and attitudes create inequitable opportunities and outcomes for people based on race. Racism is more than just prejudice in thought or action. It occurs when this prejudice – whether individual or institutional – is accompanied by the power to discriminate against, oppress or limit the rights of others."

No one gets banned for saying "norf" off our board.

Some similarities between how people go on about our club and racism as well.
i did, and that was just for some bay 13 s**t talking not some kind of main board troll. but i have no respect for the mods on here. you can spout literal homophobic slurs, but then get banned for simply acknowledging that 'adult fun good times' exist (again, my experience).

i did, and that was just for some bay 13 s**t talking not some kind of main board troll. but i have no respect for the mods on here. you can spout literal homophobic slurs, but then get banned for simply acknowledging that 'adult fun good times' exist (again, my experience).
Wow. I'm surprised cos I see people type that word all the time and no one bats an eyelid.

I was serious in that comment just upthread about how much better it is in this country now.

The fact this thread exists is actually proof. When I was young nothing like this would happen.

I've been at games of footy where opposition supporters decided that cos they couldn't get near Jimmy Krakouer they'd have a go at me cos I looked like him and was a similar size. You don't get 6 foot plus adults chasing black kids at the footy spouting all sorts of racist s**t about how they are gonna belt them these days. Back then no one batted an eyelid. And that's about actual racist violence.

And honestly I much prefer seeing a grass roots pile on to the idiots in this thread than some mod banning them.

Wow. I'm surprised cos I see people type that word all the time and no one bats an eyelid.

I was serious in that comment just upthread about how much better it is in this country now.

The fact this thread exists is actually proof. When I was young nothing like this would happen.

I've been at games of footy where opposition supporters decided that cos they couldn't get near Jimmy Krakouer they'd have a go at me cos I looked like him and was a similar size. You don't get 6 foot plus adults chasing black kids at the footy spouting all sorts of racist s**t about how they are gonna belt them these days. Back then no one batted an eyelid. And that's about actual racist violence.

And honestly I much prefer seeing a grass roots pile on to the idiots in this thread than some mod banning them.
Agreed. stuff is much better now, with a great many things. ill always argue so whenever people start talking about 'the good old days', when for instance being an aboriginal in the city was literally illegal without a permit. or when being gay was literally illegal. or where it was legal to rape your wife. and so on.

i also like the pile on, im absolutely against any 'just ignore it and it will go away' approach. thats just idiocy and proven not to work. that was part of the reason i started the thread, when things like this happen we need to jump up and down about how stupid those people are and how unacceptable it is. though at some point they do need to be censored, you cant have some scumbag come on here and start advocating lynching or the final solution.

ideally we would make them change their mind, but thats unlikely. but at least if they realise theyre going to get shouted down in a pile on when they spout their crap, they might at least keep it to themselves, perhaps saving some people from their abuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not at all, theyellowsash was talking about changing peoples minds by using techniques that Dictators use. call people names because they don't agree 100% with his stance, jumping up and down to get his point across.

He's either a child or a Dictator, I don't believe a child have the ability to have rationale thoughts about racism so that makes him a Dictator.
Does it not?

How is racism worse than be a dictator?
Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

Oh my *ing god, you are an idiot!
How, it's a simple question and you chose not to give me an answer. I'm not going to make you give me an answer.
You have the right to have whatever opinion you want to about me, I'm not sitting here and shouting at you to belief me 100%.
But if that makes me an idiot than what can you do?

How do you know if it incoherent or not, unless you read it.
i read your post where you said that if black people dont like hearing vile and threatening racial abuse, they should simply not read or listen to it. Also where you said you dont care about being racist because "society is a marxist cesspool anyway"

interestingly, you appear to be defiantly opposed to following your own advice, despite your faux tough guy demeaner
I'm going to ignore you and you will simply go away.

Did you not call me a racist because I have the opinion that I don't care what one adult said to another adult over the internet?
Are you not attacking people who have a different opinion to you?
That is implicit (if not explicit) approval of the behaviour

yes, that you dont care that walters & frederick were abused in this way and with what was said, makes you racist.
"Racism is the process by which systems and policies, actions and attitudes create inequitable opportunities and outcomes for people based on race. Racism is more than just prejudice in thought or action. It occurs when this prejudice – whether individual or institutional – is accompanied by the power to discriminate against, oppress or limit the rights of others."

Point out where it says that I am a racist for not caring? my attitude doesn't stop anyone from equitable opportunities.

"Who ******* cares, you're on social media and a guy dm's you. You don't know this guy then why are you opening it and reading it, DELETE IT." Where do I mention anything about other races. I was talking about people in general but good job inferring the wrong message there bud.

"If that opinion makes me a racist, so be it. Society is a Marxist ceasepool anyway so have at it."
I never mentioning that I don't care, I am a realist and you want to call me a racist then that is your right to do so. again inferring the wrong message.

"despite your faux tough guy demeaner"
How do you know that I'm not a tough guy?
So you are more worried about the person being offended by someone's disgusting racist post than the racist post itself??

"Who ******* cares, you're on social media and a guy dm's you. You don't know this guy then why are you opening it and reading it, DELETE IT." Where do I mention anything about other races. I was talking about people in general but good job inferring the wrong message there bud.

"If that opinion makes me a racist, so be it. Society is a Marxist ceasepool anyway so have at it."
I never mentioning that I don't care, I am a realist and you want to call me a racist then that is your right to do so. again inferring the wrong message.

"despite your faux tough guy demeaner"
How do you know that I'm not a tough guy?
so much trigger. I thought the solution was just to ignore things. Isnt that what you said people should do? Or is that only for black people, but its ok for white people to respond?

Watch Out Badass GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back