WANTED: Help for a book on tassie footy

Remove this Banner Ad

good picks of lachlan park and railton the gowerie park picks not on there thanks mate keep up the good work

Yeah I just noticed that then. I'm putting them up now along with sheffield and Bothwell.

Hey all hope your enjoying your summer. Haven't really done a lot of work on this in a long time but am up to the stage where I am making a very large document on every club that has ever played football in this state. I have every team and league from 1997-2011 and have completed some leagues back to the 60s. Must thank Mobbenfuhrer for his excel doducment which has helped me a lot.

One stat that I have found is that in 1997 there were 120 football clubs in Tasmania. 14 years later (2011) there was only 94. We have also had 6 leagues collpase during that time which are the Tasman, Peninsula, Esk-Deloraine, Huon, TFL and NWCAFL.

I am also hoping to update the website which can be found at http://www.footballgroundsoftas.webs.com/ with photos from grounds that were taken last summer.

With a few of the guys a few pages back talking about how Tasman FA collapsed I thought I would post up the last 5 years of the TFA.

1997-1998
Swansea, Dodges Ferry, Risdon Vale, Cambridge, Triabunna, Richmond, North Derwent (fold before 1999 season due to lack of players)

1999-2000
Swansea, Dodges Ferry, Risdon Vale, Cambridge, Triabunna, Richmond

2000/01 off season: Triabunna move to the ODFA, Richmond to the OSFA, 4 teams remaining.

2001 Season: Railway join the comp but forfeit their first game and end up never playing a game due to lack of players. Cambridge fold mid season. Three teams finish the season. Risdon Vale fold, Dodges join the SFL and Swansea join the ODFA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back