WANTED: Help for a book on tassie footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Can I ask, why are you displaying lists of teams in leagues in specific years? Its possible I may be able to help you further if you are just tryibng to gather who played where, when. I'd be accessing the data of a brilliant library researcher who lurks on Bigfooty under the name of "Todman". I have an enormous set of spreadsheet information he sent me, originally intended to go onto my footypedia site, but as I can no longer afford to host paid webspace, that's all over now.

Esperance Association : 1938 to 1967 - Dover, Glendevie, Raminea & Southport
In 1967 Southport was missing, it may therefore have been the team which had tried its luck elsewhere?

Think they were in recess that year but was to merge with the other clubs to make the proposed esperence team that was going to play in the Huon FA. HFA knocked their proposal back though. Read a good book on the subject ages ago and will have to get it out.

Can I ask, why are you displaying lists of teams in leagues in specific years? Its possible I may be able to help you further if you are just tryibng to gather who played where, when. I'd be accessing the data of a brilliant library researcher who lurks on Bigfooty under the name of "Todman". I have an enormous set of spreadsheet information he sent me, originally intended to go onto my footypedia site, but as I can no longer afford to host paid webspace, that's all over now

Yeah I'm at the moment just going through books and newspapers when I have time and putting clubs onto excel sheets by league. Once I've found the clubs exsisted I look for the ground. As for Todman ill have to send him a message about it or do you still have the spreadsheets on your computer. It would be awesome if you could send them to me if so.

In the meantime also see here if you haven't already. Some areas of this data had been populated fully, other areas very lacking, but it may be of some help. : http://footypedia.isgreat.org/LST00026.HTM

Yeah I use your website a lot, is an extremly good resource. :)
Havent copied down much info off it though so might do it today as I haven't got a lot more time to research for at least two weeks.

footy pedia is good full points footy is ok to .i got a book from there called full points footys tasmanian football companion not a bad book keep up the good work mate you are doing a great job:):thumbsu:

Just came back from a bit of a camping trip down the peninsula way and me and my dad were able to get some pics and info.

Went to a regatta thing up at the Nubeena Recreation ground and the new peninsula team had a stall selling memberships and raffle tickets. Dad asked them about grounds around the place and one women was able to tell us this.

Nubeena played at a ground at White beach near where the present day caravan park is. The ground was around in the 50s but I dont know when they moved to the current one 60s-70s is my guess.

Premaydena (think i spelt it right) played at the recreation ground their during the PFA at some point she said. The original Eaglehawk neck fc played on the part of the neck where the hall is. She couldn't remember where Koonya played but we found the only flat part of land in the area where the hall and fire station is was the ground as there are remains of a cricket pitch. Port Arthurs ground we took pictures of but I think that they might of played on the current historic site at some point. Forcett played near the hall and shop. Copping played at Bream creek before moving to the current recreation ground.

Will post some pictures when I upload them.

Great investigation on our Football History keep up the good work.
Kudos to you and your Dad Norchy_pies4life :thumbsu:

It is amazing 50 years ago every little town seemed to have a Football team

There the Tasman Peninsula Football Club for starters. To play at Port Arthur Recreation Ground. To be known as the crows. There was a meeting down there about the club while I was there but don't know what happened.

There the Tasman Peninsula Football Club for starters. To play at Port Arthur Recreation Ground. To be known as the crows. There was a meeting down there about the club while I was there but don't know what happened.

Someone'll no doubt correct me if it's wrong, but I was under the impression they were to be known as the 'Peninsula Power' and wearing Adelaide Crows' playing strip.
Dunno why you'd bother, bit like calling yourself the Pies and wearing a Carlton strip but anyway, may have taken the logical step.
It'll be great to see footy down there again for the community.

Someone'll no doubt correct me if it's wrong, but I was under the impression they were to be known as the 'Peninsula Power' and wearing Adelaide Crows' playing strip.
Dunno why you'd bother, bit like calling yourself the Pies and wearing a Carlton strip but anyway, may have taken the logical step.
It'll be great to see footy down there again for the community.

Thought so too but the posters I saw in a few places and the stuff at the stall they had were in adelaide colours.

will be great for the penisula and footy in general recon the crows clolours are being used coz old pfa teams had those colours in them.footy in tas would be great if we could get a few more teams to reform:)

Yeah would be good. Reading the 8 point plan AFL TAS released (got it sent by them in a PDF) they want to try and reform a few clubs in areas with footy grounds by starting with Auskick and building up. Areas they included were Risdon Vale, Claredon Vale/Rokeby, Cambridge, West Hobart etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would be great if it few teams reform mate when the pies goin up to woodsdale mate aker go up

Yeah I'm going and so is Aker. Friday night until Sunday not this weekend but next.

hey norchy pies how your weekend go up at woodsdale?have you been doing much work on your book mate?;):footy::thumbsu:

Was a good weekend definatly. Weather could of been better but was nice and warm in the clubrooms.

Not too much work going on with the book at the moment. Talked to a old bloke up at Woodsdale which was able to tell us a few things. He confirmed that ground you found near the buckland road/ woodsdale road T section. Can see where the pitch was from a mile away. Was going to stop but me and my dad were showing one of the other trainers which was taking Aker back to the airport how to get back to Runneymede.

We're going to try and get back up there to take photos of the ground on a match day.

Been a while since ive done anything on this but have the week of for easter so am back into it. Going to New Norfolk tommorow for the glenorchy v nn game so will hopefully take some pics or boyer and Lachlan park which is meant to have a supermarket being built on it soon.

Hey hope everyone had a good easter :)

Had a look at the old Lachlan Park oval yesterday. Got some pictures and was able to find some information thanks to a guy that runs a website about Willow Court/ the RDH.

Ground had a grandstand/toilets in the pocket facing the highway next to one of the wards as you can see in the bottom left of the picture below.

demo4.jpeg

The grandstand being demolished in the 90s. Changerooms on the other side of that forward 50 (bottom right of the ground ) are still there. Found out after i got home that around the back of the building there was a trap door which led to the showers which is still accesable so might have to go back and check it out before its knocked down. New Norfolk, Lachlan, the Lachlan Park Hospital team (played social games in thr 20s and 1951-52 at least and was made up of patients and staff) played there and well as local grand finals.

Haven't done to much lately been to busy with school and other things. Went to the library once and got some books out to read through. Going up to the north east in september holidays so theres plenty of grounds I will be doing up there. If anyone can help with info from around that part it would be great.

Hey everyone its been a long time since I've done anything.

Decided to help me keep motivated that I should make a website to showcase some photos and information.

the URL is www.footballgroundsoftas.webs.com

I was up around sheffield railton etc last week so I have some pictures from those two towns plus Gowrie Park, Mole Creek, Chudleigh, Red Hills, as well as Lachlan park and Bothwell. Those should be posted up today along with the other grounds I did in January.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back