Warwick Capper on Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't mind it.

Capper only has to re-watch this interview to realise why he was never a out and out champion.

Everything was someone else's fault.

Left Sydney because of his wife.
Brisbane players didn't kick it to him.
Coach was s**t.
Tapes leaked by someone else.
Son pushed into it by wife.

I didn't mind it.

Capper only has to re-watch this interview to realise why he was never a out and out champion.

Everything was someone else's fault.

Left Sydney because of his wife.
Brisbane players didn't kick it to him.
Coach was s**t.
Tapes leaked by someone else.
Son pushed into it by wife.

i think he is just brutally honest. he is admitting that his wife was a stronger personality than he. hes admitting he didnt have the courage to go against her. hes being honest about what happened, and honest about his own failings..

love him or hate him, hes a bloody character.

http://warwickcapper.net/

Absolutely loved it.

Players are robots these days, Warwick was certainly not.

Only bit i didnt like was how he threw Merv Neagle under the bus in regards to the Pills before the game question.

Question on Tex Walker "He is a better kick, but cant mark like me" hahaha

Be fair guys, he was wearing tight shorts, riding around in pink helicopters while a couple of newcomers called Bros, had the world at their feet.

It was always going to be a light hearted fun type interview. Some of the things he said were cringeworthy but at least he was pretty honest with the way he dealt with the questions. I thought it was a more ineteresting interview than the Winmar/Macadam one a few weeks back though

Great interview. He's fairly witty, the Wiz. I regret that he didn't use his line about the type of funeral he will have when he carks it. "At my funeral, the coffin-bearers will be Chris Langford, Danny Frawley, Steve Silvagni, Rick Kennedy and Mick Martyn... I'd spent my whole career riding on their shoulders."

He made up for it with his reasoning for wearing tight shorts: "Went to pick up a footy on the wing at the SCG, all of a sudden there were three balls - two blue ones and a red sherrin".

Wonder if George Donikian tuned in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best bit was when Capper admitted he and Merv Neagle stole amphetamines from an unlocked semi-trailer and took them before the 1986 Qualifying Final versus Carlton, had a great first half, then crashed in the second half.

Mike Sheahan was weak as piss the way he quickly changed the subject when Capper appeared to be in full confessing mode and ready to share.

At least I now know why Capper calls himself The Wiz

Great interview. He's fairly witty, the Wiz. I regret that he didn't use his line about the type of funeral he will have when he carks it. "At my funeral, the coffin-bearers will be Chris Langford, Danny Frawley, Steve Silvagni, Rick Kennedy and Mick Martyn... I'd spent my whole career riding on their shoulders."

He made up for it with his reasoning for wearing tight shorts: "Went to pick up a footy on the wing at the SCG, all of a sudden there were three balls - two blue ones and a red sherrin".

Wonder if George Donikian tuned in.
The former Channel 10 news presenter in Adelaide? Explain?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back