Teams Washington Commanders - Приветствую командиров ™

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, sir.

Daniel Snyder, the owner of Washington’s NFL franchise, filed a lawsuit Friday against an online media company for publishing stories the suit says falsely suggested he had engaged in sex trafficking and consorted with Jeffrey Epstein, the disgraced multimillionaire financier and convicted sex offender.

Link to Story

Do you think there's a chance we stick to the Washington Football Team identity beyond even this season? Becoming permanent? Could grow on you? Would be very unique across the league. Especially as there's always potential for the fanbase to be disappointed and/or divided by whatever nickname could be decided on. Whereas WFT there's no room for division or disappointment.

Do you think there's a chance we stick to the Washington Football Team identity beyond even this season? Becoming permanent? Could grow on you? Would be very unique across the league. Especially as there's always potential for the fanbase to be disappointed and/or divided by whatever nickname could be decided on. Whereas WFT there's no room for division or disappointment.

Yes that way 100% of the fanbase is united in disappointment, no division whatsoever.

Indian news reporting news based off anonymous reddit posts. * me I'm dead. 😂😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By no means do I believe Football Team is a viable option, simply becoz of merchandise and appeal to kids and such. You need a logo/symbol/mascot.

But after having some time to think about it I can understand the appeal "somewhat" GG.exe

It's got a certain arrogance to it that could make it appealing to some, kind of like saying "mascots? Oh the hilarity! We are far too mature to ever have some silly mascot as a symbol for our football team"

Kind of like how Melbourne have distanced themselves from the Demons since 2009 to my chagrin. Nowadays just calling themselves The Melbourne Football Club.

Why it works so well, is because like Melbourne, they have absolutely nothing to be arrogant about whatsoever. It's kind of like a massive pisstake.

By no means do I believe Football Team is a viable option, simply becoz of merchandise and appeal to kids and such. You need a logo/symbol/mascot.

But after having some time to think about it I can understand the appeal "somewhat" GG.exe

It's got a certain arrogance to it that could make it appealing to some, kind of like saying "mascots? Oh the hilarity! We are far too mature to ever have some silly mascot as a symbol for our football team"

Kind of like how Melbourne have distanced themselves from the Demons since 2009 to my chagrin. Nowadays just calling themselves The Melbourne Football Club.

Why it works so well, is because like Melbourne, they have absolutely nothing to be arrogant about whatsoever. It's kind of like a massive pisstake.
On the other hand, it can be looked at like these underperforming once great clubs think its tacky or lame having these powerful aggressive nicknames.....like Lions for Detroit and theyre pathetic, no sense of rah rah among fans, growling, kings of the jungle....or....can be looked at like they want to mimic english soccer teams, sleek and simple identity, its just a football club for that city.

On the other hand, it can be looked at like these underperforming once great clubs think its tacky or lame having these powerful aggressive nicknames.....like Lions for Detroit and theyre pathetic, no sense of rah rah among fans, growling, kings of the jungle....or....can be looked at like they want to mimic english soccer teams, sleek and simple identity, its just a football club for that city.

I'm starting to understand the charm towards it. But from a marketing standpoint I think it's suicide for a league, unlike the EPL, that every team has a mascot or logo in.

I'm starting to understand the charm towards it. But from a marketing standpoint I think it's suicide for a league, unlike the EPL, that every team has a mascot or logo in.
If its a one-off club in a league of 32 doing it, dont see it so negatively as say half the clubs in a 16 team afl doing it. Suicide a bit too strong, the league isnt going to suffer. If anything, only the team in terms of merchandise would suffer. You do need logos, images of something. A big W on many cups, jackets, balls, etc isnt going to work with fans, who still cherish their old merch with the old logo on it, stood out, meant something specific.

If its a one-off club in a league of 32 doing it, dont see it so negatively as say half the clubs in a 16 team afl doing it. Suicide a bit too strong, the league isnt going to suffer. If anything, only the team in terms of merchandise would suffer. You do need logos, images of something. A big W on many cups, jackets, balls, etc isnt going to work with fans, who still cherish their old merch with the old logo on it, stood out, meant something specific.

Speaking from. my own experience as a kid, all my teams were chosen because of a logo, was never one to follow the hot trends/teams or my family members or friends. I would imagine there to be quite a few kids just like me, where a "W" simply has no appeal to them whatsoever.

Speaking from. my own experience as a kid, all my teams were chosen because of a logo, was never one to follow the hot trends/teams or my family members or friends. I would imagine there to be quite a few kids just like me, where a "W" simply has no appeal to them whatsoever.
Agree with you about a logo. Thats a strong point...for merch and for getting behind.

Agree with you about a logo. Thats a strong point...for merch and for getting behind.
They appeal to the child

Cowboy
Pirate - baseball
Viking
Giant
Jet

Then the animal teams
Dolphins
Cardinals
Seahawks

For me there must have been an association with the lollies as well as success - which translated to being on TV here in the early 80s

They appeal to the child

Cowboy
Pirate - baseball
Viking
Giant
Jet

Then the animal teams
Dolphins
Cardinals
Seahawks

For me there must have been an association with the lollies as well as success - which translated to being on TV here in the early 80s

A cardinal is weak mate. Agree with the rest, but I'd add Raider as well. Pirate theme.

Interesting comment.

So please elaborate on the " Melbourne Football Club " choice ..... genuine question.

For the love of God I cant see .... what drew you to choose Melbourne based on logo and name.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back