ESPN WatchESPN
Kayo

Tuesday, January 2, 5AM
Vrbo Fiesta Bowl

State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Arizona
Liberty Vs Oregon
ESPN WatchESPN Kayo

Last edited:
Michigan's cheating was not like the others. No one was ever debating that other schools dont steal signs. they just do it from tape. Michigan did it in person, which is what the NCAA is investigating. and why Connor Stallions quit/fired so he couldnt be made to interview.

Some good might come out of it with the NCAA having the headset trials in some bowls. which is insane that it has taken this long.

Michigan's cheating was not like the others. No one was ever debating that other schools dont steal signs. they just do it from tape. Michigan did it in person, which is what the NCAA is investigating. and why Connor Stallions quit/fired so he couldnt be made to interview.

Some good might come out of it with the NCAA having the headset trials in some bowls. which is insane that it has taken this long.
And this is the problem with the NCAA. They have too many grey areas with a lot of things. You can't say its okay to read signs from tape, but not in person. When both yield similar results. In fact, you'd gain more from tapes by being able to see every play in slow motion. You either ban it entirely, or not at all. Teams are stupid using signs anyway, there is something called Audible calls. Or change the signs up regularly. Even a nobody like me could figure out a teams signs after seeing it just once.

Their hypocrisy was on display, when they stripped Reggie Bush of his honors. Then years later go out and say its okay for players to make money. Yet won't even reinstate things.

That being said, I think scandal has been massively blown out of proportion. As Deion Sanders said, even if you have another teams play book. You still have to stop the play. Yeah they have "allegedly" broken the rules. But it is a low level violation in the rule books, that won't result in any massive punishment. Most of the scandal related to the past season, not this season. Yet everyone is saying this season is an asterix. Despite the fact they won most of their games post scandal, and against very good teams. Michigan this year were a legit good team. Some people are acting like they stole signs all the way to the Championship game, and saying Michigan should be stripped and banned of everything etc. When none of these people have seen a single ounce of evidence themselves. Then again, I forgot its a very American thing to exaggerate everything. And they are the judge, jury and executioner based on feelings over facts.

Would not surprise me if the whole thing went to court, the evidence would be considered weak or circumstantial. The NCAA will impose punishment regardless, to save face and look like they are doing something. Every big player in College Football will have resorted to pushing the boundaries one way or another. Heaps of others will have sent "scouts" to games as well. Or done behind the back, off the book deals to lure recruits before NIL was a thing. Heaps of politics in College sports, all teams are looking to find dirt on another to give them one less opponent to worry about in chase of glory themselves.

I do not condone what Michigan "allegedly" did. But I also know that nothing has yet been released by Big 10, or NCAA. Aside from a couple of Big 10 teams claiming they saw Stalions at their games. I want to see them release video clips of him writing down their signs in the stands. Unlike Yanks, I want to see facts, not feelings.

As you said, if any good will come from it. NCAA will finally allow head sets. I am sure Football programs will cry about having to fork out a couple of thousand on head sets, from the millions they make.

I dont see how "Dont send scouts to other games to steal signs" is a grey area.
there is nothing you can do about it on tape with broadcast and all 22.

Which is why they need to move to headset communications.

Also the NCAA havent really said what they are looking into. the recruiting stuff the NCAA havent said a word about the hamburger story came from Michigan. and someone has said its much bigger than just buying a burger.

The Big10 suspended Harbaugh because of pressure from the other schools. and it had been going on for years. It made some of the cryptic comments from coaches make sense when the news broke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back