NFL 2023 AFC Championship Game - Kansas City at Baltimore

Remove this Banner Ad

1674388556324-jpeg.1591468

MONDAY, JANUARY 29 @ 7:00AM (LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AND 7MATE)
:nflchiefs: (3) Kansas City at :nflravens: (1) Baltimore

NB: VIC, NSW, TAS times
less 30 mins SA
less 1 hour Qld
less 1.5 hours NT
less 3 hours WA

I know they have played good teams, or should I say teams with winning records.
NFC teams don't know how to play Lamar, his record against that conference is silly.

What my post says and why I don't think their defence is as good as what some are making out (still good, and probably top 2-3 in the league) is the QBs they have faced aren't a murderers row of talent, imo.
The chiefs will move the ball.

Two best QBs they have faced are Stafford and Watson, both put up 30.
A lot of backups, and a lot of QBs that once they are pressured go to absolute water, Goff for example (check record outside vs inside and when pressured).

Mahomes will be the best QB they will have faced by a long way.
Mahomes history against the number 1 defences in football is very good, the numbers are cartoonish. Reid has schemed up top defences for years, I think the chiefs will be able to move the ball.

The chiefs Defence is number 2 in a lot of the numbers people talk about the ravens in (sacks, yards, points etc). I don't think it's a massive gulf in talent between that side of the ball.

Now ravens are the better overall team and are healthier. No question, they should be favoured, they are at home, a lot of things point to them being the team to win.

But I don't think it's a blowout, and if it's tight I trust Reid and Mahomes over Lamar and Harbough.

Well I was right for the first half about moving the ball.
But chiefs Defence won that game

They started badly but basically played flawless for 3 quarters.

D was not the problem today
Everything was the problem today

I thought they shat the bed in 2nd qtr too and only got going in the 3rd. In 2nd half just made some poor reads however at costly moments.

Even though KC only put up 17, they controlled the tempo of the game and that was largely due to Ravens D

Could not like this post enough.

Horrible embarrassment franchise depleting loss.

Lamar just lost his head more than a couple of times.

Credit to the Chief’s in scoring so quickly out of the gate and then credit for their D throughout - gave Ravens their chances but put more than enough pressure
Ravens panicked from the start. They realize Mahomes/Reid are scary. For then to go for ot on 4th down on their own 30 only 5 minutes into the game, after only one Chiefs drive, score only 7-0, shows they were scared to the bone, panicking. And it showed thruout the rest of the game how they played and coached. Even tho they converted that 4th down and made another big play, it still ended with 0 points and the Chiefs i am sure realized too they were running scared all game.

Ravens panicked from the start. They realize Mahomes/Reid are scary. For then to go for ot on 4th down on their own 30 only 5 minutes into the game, after only one Chiefs drive, score only 7-0, shows they were scared to the bone, panicking. And it showed thruout the rest of the game how they played and coached. Even tho they converted that 4th down and made another big play, it still ended with 0 points and the Chiefs i am sure realized too they were running scared all game.

Yeah, a lot of this, coming up against great teams and coaches when the result is going home is a different task completely, and then when they punch you in the face early it becomes twice as hard.

They started badly but basically played flawless for 3 quarters.

D was not the problem today
Yes it was. They let the Chiefs get 14 up and it was game over. Even if the Chiefs failed to pull away, they still ate up ton of clock and gassed the D, that record-setting D was giving up first downs and yards.

Think 85 Bears for what a great D actually does in the playoffs

Yes it was. They let the Chiefs get 14 up and it was game over. Even if the Chiefs failed to pull away, they still ate up ton of clock and gassed the D, that record-setting D was giving up first downs and yards.

They gave up basically nothing for a whole half. The offence doesn't fumble through the endzone and throw interceptions and they win.

I know you love a contrarian take, but this is batshit.

Its a full circle also. With Chiefs spending so much time on the field, Chiefs D just got to play with a very high intensity also and didnt get gassed at any stage

Game was lost with Mahones having enough time to make a coffee in the back field in the first half more then anything Jackson did

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re better than this GG.

You’re an MVP QB and you can’t put up 20 points?

1. Chiefs D
2. Lamar
2. Rest of the offense
3. Coaching both sides
4. Refs
5. Mahomes/Kelce
6. Ravens D

I remember after the first Mahomes SB appearance I predicted he would make six in a row, winning four. Not bad at all by me. 4/5 now for the Chiefs

Get off my bandwagon bitch...

BeinPurplenGreen Brasher

Didn't I call Mahomes a HOFer before he even took a snap?? Or was that Burrow?

Probably both to be fair...

They gave up basically nothing for a whole half. The offence doesn't fumble through the endzone and throw interceptions and they win.

I know you love a contrarian take, but this is batshit.
I did miss the entire 3rd qtr, but the D was woeful the first half. Cant let Mahomes/Reid get up a two TD lead especially for a D so full of star talent and all those top ranked defensive stats etc

1. Chiefs D
2. Lamar
2. Rest of the offense
3. Coaching both sides
4. Refs
5. Mahomes/Kelce
6. Ravens D
Not saying the D was all to blame. I said earlier it was a team/coach-wide failure. Both sides of the ball. They all wear the blane

Wasn't this Baltimore's one big shot at it? Thought I'd read their cap was loaded with vets that would become problematic after this season?
Yep. Quite a few on defense will be out the door. Will need to find some gems in the draft, they have a been very good at finding players in the draft for a long time though so wouldnt expect a massive drop off.

1. Chiefs D
2. Lamar
2. Rest of the offense
3. Coaching both sides
4. Refs
5. Mahomes/Kelce
6. Ravens D
You dont think the beginning of the problem creates the rest of those problems though? The first problem of Chiefs having a picnic on the field leads to most of those other issues

Chiefs D should have killed it like they did. Mahomes gave them a vacation with the time he burnt on the field

Im not sure a 1 to 6 exists. Id say its a 15% each taking the blame for this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back